RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Actor Terry Crews Talks About The Importance Of Fatherhood – And Gets - RightNation.US

Actor Terry Crews Talks About The Importance Of Fatherhood – And Gets Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:18 AM

Actor Terry Crews Talks About The Importance Of Fatherhood – And Gets Blasted By #Woke Folks

Sister Toldjah
RedState
2/27/19

EXCERPT:

“America’s Got Talent” host and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star Terry Crews isn’t afraid to mix it up when it comes to discussing issues some view as “controversial.” This week as no exception.

It all started on Sunday. Crews linked to an opinion piece from the New York Times written by human rights lawyer Derecka Purnell in which she criticized remarks former President Obama made at a town hall earlier this month.

He was speaking to a group of young black men, and Purnell took issue with what she saw as Obama’s shaming of black culture:

He and the basketball player Stephen Curry discussed mentorship, masculinity and mass incarceration. But his scolding of black boys drew the most attention.

“If you are really confident about your financial situation,” Mr. Obama told the crowd, “you are probably not going to be wearing a eight-pound chain around your neck.”

“Because you know,” he continued, “‘Oh, I got a bank account.’ I don’t have to show you how much I got. I feel good.”

His comments disappointed me because they’re part of problematic practices, like calling out black children for having ghetto names like mine or wearing Air Jordans. Such remarks by Mr. Obama reflect his administration’s failure, and to an extent that of My Brother’s Keeper, to tackle the systemic inequality that shapes black people’s lives in America.

Crews’s response: “If a successful black man can’t advise the black male youth of the next generation, who will? THE STREET. That’s who.”

His next set of comments sparked the uproar that followed:

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:36 AM

Only the Left could find fault with his comments. Maybe it is because the Left has been destroying the black nuclear family for the past 60+ years, and championing strong male role models is anathema to the Left. If he was praising raising boys to be girls, or to dress in drag for gay men to gawk at - he would have been lauded for his progressive attitude.

#3 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:11 AM

Every young kid that is a problem can usually be tied to either a weak father or a non-existent father. AWOL means not showing the kid what manhood is. Even if the father is there and he's a drunk, a bum, or a drug head, he's still not being a father. The kids with the best outcomes have strong parents of both sexes, that care and nurture their kid. That's for all races, colors and creeds and it exceeds the time of marx by thousands of years. You cannot replace a mother or father with the state.

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:15 AM

Didn't Bill Cosby also espouse these views?

#5 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:36 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 01 March 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

Every young kid that is a problem can usually be tied to either a weak father or a non-existent father. AWOL means not showing the kid what manhood is. Even if the father is there and he's a drunk, a bum, or a drug head, he's still not being a father. The kids with the best outcomes have strong parents of both sexes, that care and nurture their kid. That's for all races, colors and creeds and it exceeds the time of marx by thousands of years. You cannot replace a mother or father with the state.

It's amazing how quickly a Leftist dismisses all of that knowledge.

I saw my dad work 3 jobs at one point in his life to provide. Never complained or made us feel bad. My dad taught me and my brother how to work hard. He used to loan me and my brother out for free to friends, family, church members if they needed free labor and always told us "don't let me hear you didn't work hard or complained".

Saw my dad stand up to bullies, jerks, idiots, etc. He taught me how to drive well before legal driving age. My brother and I knew we'd get beat if we hit/hurt our sister or disrespected our mother. Taught us how to shoot guns, etc.

He loved us, hugged us, sacrificed for us all the time. He warned us about drugs/alcohol, and never drank a drop of alcohol to set an example for us. He always wanted a Corvette, but drove used cars so we could have nice things. Never so much as grabbed my mother, or yelled at her - rarely fought or argued with her in front of us.

I can't imagine growing up without that example. That archetype of what a dad should be is quickly going the way of the buffalo.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:23 AM

View PostJunto, on 01 March 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

Only the Left could find fault with his comments.

Exactly. Nobody in their right mind could possibly believe there's anything "controversial" about suggesting fatherhood is important. But let's face it, finding anybody on the left in their right mind is the quintessential wild goose chase. Nobody in their right mind would be a leftist in the first place.

B)

#7 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:13 PM

So, he's reasonably smart on some things, and quite stupid on others. If the man raises his boys to blame everything on toxic masculinity, then what kind of a father is he?
https://thepatriotch...RPd9TJwRTNB6oMy link

#8 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:27 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 01 March 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

Does that make them wrong?

#9 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:21 PM

In the age of "Dayquil has two mommies" you know the Left will go ballistic over reaffirming that a child needs parents of both genders (with even the recognition that there are two genders being another thing that triggers them). "Same-sex couples are just as good for child rearing," etc.

This post has been edited by Ben Cranklin: 01 March 2019 - 07:23 PM

#10 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

View PostModerator T, on 01 March 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

Does that make them wrong?

Did I say they did?

Cosby's stance brought down a great deal of ugliness from a lot of corners, especially the black community.

It seems that accountability isn't popular.

#11 User is offline   jr_tex 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:22 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 01 March 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

So you are against black families.

#12 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:41 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 01 March 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Did I say they did?

Just trying to figure out the relevance of bringing Cosby up randomly.

#13 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:09 AM

I just love it when modern "feminists" lecture men on how to be a real man... just like they love it when InCels instruct women on how to be a real woman.

Terry is absolutely correct with every point he made on this subject, regardless of the ethnicity involved. And holy ****, Obama wasn't wrong either. :o

#14 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:11 AM

View PostModerator T, on 01 March 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

Just trying to figure out the relevance of bringing Cosby up randomly.

Crews and Cosby both espoused the same views about the role men should play in their children's lives. Both were then skewered for that view by blacks.

That similarity is random?

Okay. Whatever floats your boat.

#15 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:12 AM

View Postjr_tex, on 01 March 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

So you are against black families.

And you gleaned that from my mentioning Bill Cosby?

#16 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:49 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 02 March 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

Crews and Cosby both espoused the same views about the role men should play in their children's lives. Both were then skewered for that view by blacks.

That similarity is random?

Okay. Whatever floats your boat.

Sigh, just trying to figure out what you're trying to say. Judging from the other person who replied to you, I'm not the only one who thought your post was unclear.

#17 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:57 AM

View PostModerator T, on 01 March 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

Actor Terry Crews Talks About The Importance Of Fatherhood – And Gets Blasted By #Woke Folks

Sister Toldjah
RedState
2/27/19

EXCERPT:

Fruitful conversations about this issue are always so difficult to have because the perpetually outraged “woke” crowd feels that somehow women are being slighted by the suggestion that responsible fathers/father figures are needed in a child’s life, too.

Not “somehow.”

Telling single mothers of boys that their sons’ lives are (and will continue to be) somehow deficient is insulting.

#18 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

View PostThat_Guy, on 02 March 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Not “somehow.”

Telling single mothers of boys that their sons’ lives are (and will continue to be) somehow deficient is insulting.

They may feel insulted, but he's correct. Children from two parent homes see more success in life, and it holds true across all races and culture groups in the US.

#19 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:19 AM

Precisely why I loathe feminists in particular, of all of The Left’s factions.

#20 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:34 AM

View PostModerator T, on 02 March 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

They may feel insulted, but he's correct. Children from two parent homes see more success in life, and it holds true across all races and culture groups in the US.

Did Terry Crews talk about young black men in terms of statistics, or did he talk about the necessary role that fathers play?
(I didn't go through the links in the story)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users