RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 11 Songs for Apollo 11 - RightNation.US

11 Songs for Apollo 11 Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:53 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 22 July 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

I've actually worked out to "Mars", and "Jupiter" is fun to listen to...

I'm extremely disappointed that (As far as I know) Emerson, Lake and Palmer only ever did "Mars" and not the whole suite. I had it once on a bootleg 8-Track.

"8-track? what's that?" youngsters ask.

Well, I think I can go these youngsters even one better: I've ALSO got it by Sir Georg Solti on "4-Track" Open Reel. (Two tracks (stereo) each direction = "4 track". play half then flip the reel over.)

Interestingly, 4-track open reel has "stood the test of time" much better than 8-track cartridge . And there are those who would argue that properly recorded 7-1/2 inches-per-second open reel is EVEN better than CD-quality (And definitely better than 8-track at 3-3/4 IPS and ESPECIALLY better than "cassette" at 1-7/8 IPS.

But, these days, eh, who cares? Shove a CD or MP3 stick into your ghetto-blaster car stereo. Crank it up. People 10 car-lengths away will be able to groove to the tune on your car body falling apart on the deep notes.

Best cars for music: '78 Chrysler New Yorker. Mercedes 300 SEL 70-something to '91. Possibly Bentley/Rolls Royce but that's above my paygrade.

Would it be "sacrilege" to retro-hack a pioneer RT-701/RT-707 into the dash of a '78 Chrysler?

#42 User is offline   RationalThought 

• Too smart for anyone's good!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:31 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 July 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

On the other hand, they have to lie about Trump to pretend he's "the bad guy".

B)

I do love you dearly, Monty, and I had to give you one more reply to let you see what I'm talking about before I go back to my infinite dimensional chess game.

Remember who you are talking to here. What I've quoted you saying is EXACTLY what I can say about all but a handful of posters here on RN at the time I stopped posting in 2016. Those posters here on RN had to "lie about Trump to pretend he's 'the bad guy'" back in 2016. They combined their made up "lies" about Trump and MY refusal to agree with their "lies" into yet another in a seemingly endless string of reasons to complain about me (which is water off a duck because a complaint about me and $5 gets you coffee at Starbucks).

No one, you included, was defending my refusal to say Trump was horrible and had no chance to win. It wasn't a matter that I was trying to convince anyone else, but simply that I had the temerity not to agree with the consensus about how awful Trump was and how badly he was going to lose to Hilary.

Don't think for a minute there haven't been many ironic laughs during my lurking these last three years watching the consensus now saying the very things about Trump they denounced and ostracized me for saying three years ago. That's why I stopped posting, I have much better things to do that get shade tossed at me for reasons I don't find valid by people who then later adopt the very positions they were ridiculing. If that's how people want to roll, and clearly the majority seem to, I certainly can't stop them. All I can do are those things I find worthwhile and leave them to whatever they are going to do.

Which brings me full circle. I see the world currently as a stopped up and overflowing toilet. I'm in the midst of plunging and snaking that sucker in the ways I can and think will best fix the problem. I'm not advertising what I'm doing, not trying to solicit donations or government grants; I've rolled up my sleeves, taken a deep breath, and gotten to work. While I'm busy doing that, I see you and others standing in the doorway of the bathroom, complaining about the stench, and blaming those other people's crap for causing the toilet to overflow. IMO, EVERYONE'S crap is all over everything and trying to debate which ass a certain piece of crap came from (especially when you're blaming someone else's ass) is ANYTHING but helpful. If a person isn't going to pitch in and help, the least they can do is NOT kvetch and kibitz from the sidelines.

The Right and Left are acting like children "She hit me," "He smiled at me first," etc. That time is over, IMO, now it's fixin' time. If you're not working toward a cooperative solution for everyone, your part of the problem that needs to be fixed IMO. Personally, I find fixing stuff a whole lot more fun that complaining (I do get that if you like complaining, not fixing stuff gives you more to complain about; I just have to disagree with that perspective). Everyone gets to make their own choice. I have been choosing to try and fix things, and I encourage everyone else to do so as well.

As much fun as I find discussing things with you Monty, there a stench waiting for me to fix.

RationalThought

#43 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:49 AM

Saw them a while back.

#44 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:54 AM

View PostRationalThought, on 25 July 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

If you're not working toward a cooperative solution for everyone, your part of the problem that needs to be fixed IMO.

This.

#45 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

View PostThat_Guy, on 25 July 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

This.

Yet, you advocate leaving the majority out of every solution. Funny, huh?

#46 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:13 AM

#47 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:03 AM

View PostRationalThought, on 25 July 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

I do love you dearly, Monty, and I had to give you one more reply to let you see what I'm talking about before I go back to my infinite dimensional chess game.

Remember who you are talking to here. What I've quoted you saying is EXACTLY what I can say about all but a handful of posters here on RN at the time I stopped posting in 2016. Those posters here on RN had to "lie about Trump to pretend he's 'the bad guy'" back in 2016. They combined their made up "lies" about Trump and MY refusal to agree with their "lies" into yet another in a seemingly endless string of reasons to complain about me (which is water off a duck because a complaint about me and $5 gets you coffee at Starbucks).

No one, you included, was defending my refusal to say Trump was horrible and had no chance to win. It wasn't a matter that I was trying to convince anyone else, but simply that I had the temerity not to agree with the consensus about how awful Trump was and how badly he was going to lose to Hilary.

Don't think for a minute there haven't been many ironic laughs during my lurking these last three years watching the consensus now saying the very things about Trump they denounced and ostracized me for saying three years ago. That's why I stopped posting, I have much better things to do that get shade tossed at me for reasons I don't find valid by people who then later adopt the very positions they were ridiculing. If that's how people want to roll, and clearly the majority seem to, I certainly can't stop them. All I can do are those things I find worthwhile and leave them to whatever they are going to do.

Which brings me full circle. I see the world currently as a stopped up and overflowing toilet. I'm in the midst of plunging and snaking that sucker in the ways I can and think will best fix the problem. I'm not advertising what I'm doing, not trying to solicit donations or government grants; I've rolled up my sleeves, taken a deep breath, and gotten to work. While I'm busy doing that, I see you and others standing in the doorway of the bathroom, complaining about the stench, and blaming those other people's crap for causing the toilet to overflow. IMO, EVERYONE'S crap is all over everything and trying to debate which ass a certain piece of crap came from (especially when you're blaming someone else's ass) is ANYTHING but helpful. If a person isn't going to pitch in and help, the least they can do is NOT kvetch and kibitz from the sidelines.

The Right and Left are acting like children "She hit me," "He smiled at me first," etc. That time is over, IMO, now it's fixin' time. If you're not working toward a cooperative solution for everyone, your part of the problem that needs to be fixed IMO. Personally, I find fixing stuff a whole lot more fun that complaining (I do get that if you like complaining, not fixing stuff gives you more to complain about; I just have to disagree with that perspective). Everyone gets to make their own choice. I have been choosing to try and fix things, and I encourage everyone else to do so as well.

As much fun as I find discussing things with you Monty, there a stench waiting for me to fix.

RationalThought

Well I disagree with several points, and agree with a few.

Setting the past aside, I'm talking now about the present, and which "side" is currently working toward fixing America's problems and which "side" is currently working against America's best interests. And both of those points are crystal clear: While many, if not most, Republicans are stumbling around like blind dopes, at least they have America's best interests at heart. The Democrats are just plain traitors to their country, and will certainly destroy it very quickly if they get their way.

View PostThat_Guy, on 25 July 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

This.

Yeah, right. If you really believed that, you'd be voting against Democrats at every opportunity.

B)

#48 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 25 July 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

Yeah, right. If you really believed that, you'd be voting against Democrats at every opportunity.

B)

Yep.

Abortion on demand up to and including after birth, if the intent was to kill the baby before birth, is a cooperative solution fir all.

Reparations for people who were never slaves paid by people who never owned slaves is a cooperative solution for all.

Affirmative action that blocks access for best qualified to give access to lesser qualified because if skin color is a cooperative solution for all.

Wealth redistribution from earners to people who did not earn is a cooperative solution for all.

TG is full of crap.

This post has been edited by JerryL: 25 July 2019 - 11:29 AM

#49 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:50 AM

View PostJerryL, on 25 July 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Yep.

Abortion on demand up to and including after birth, if the intent was to kill the baby before birth, is a cooperative solution fir all.

Reparations for people who were never slaves paid by people who never owned slaves is a cooperative solution for all.

Affirmative action that blocks access for best qualified to give access to lesser qualified because if skin color is a cooperative solution for all.

Wealth redistribution from earners to people who did not earn is a cooperative solution for all.

TG is full of crap.

Yup. And obviously that's only a very small, partial list of the numerous examples available.

B)

#50 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:43 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 25 July 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

you'd be voting against

Iíve told you this umpteen times, buddy: A candidate either earns your vote or they donít. ďVoting againstĒ is not a thing.

This post has been edited by That_Guy: 25 July 2019 - 04:44 PM

#51 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:11 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 25 July 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

Iíve told you this umpteen times, buddy: A candidate either earns your vote or they donít. ďVoting againstĒ is not a thing.

Yes, LOL, I'm fully aware you don't have the brainpower to understand anything so obvious. You have made that crystal clear many many MANY times. Sad, that.

:comfort:

But just for your edification: If candidate "A" is a horrible person and candidate "B" is merely an @$$hole, then candidate "B" has "earned" my vote simply by not being candidate "A". Therefore my candidate "B" vote is not so much a vote for candidate "B" but rather a vote against candidate "A". That's because unlike you, I'm intelligent enough to know that if I don't vote for @$$hole candidate "B", horrible candidate "A" has a one-vote better chance of winning.

So I vote against candidate "A" with my candidate "B" vote. It's not because I "want" candidate "B" nearly so much as I don't want candidate "A".

Voting against. A very clear and obvious thing. Only the truly stupid could fail to grasp something so obvious.

:rolleyes:

#52 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:51 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 25 July 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

If candidate "A" is a horrible person and candidate "B" is merely an @$$hole, then candidate "B" has "earned" my vote simply by not being candidate "A".

This is nonsense.

Therefore my candidate "B" vote is not so much a vote for candidate "B" but rather a vote against candidate "A".

That will never be true, now matter how hard you try to convince yourself.

#53 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 25 July 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

This is nonsense.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No need to keep proving your severe incapacity to grasp even the simplest truths. Everybody's already aware of it.

:rolleyes:

#54 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:09 PM

If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

~ Rush "Free Will"

#55 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 25 July 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

~ Rush "Free Will"

Exactly. If you don't cast a reluctant vote for @$$hole candidate "B" in the scenario I described above, it's the same as casting a vote for much-worse candidate "A". Therefore you vote against worst-scenario candidate "A" by instead casting a reluctant vote for not-quite-as-bad candidate "B".

By casting no vote at all (i.e. "If you choose not to decide"), you have directly helped the worst-possible candidate (i.e. "You still have made a choice".) Therefore the only intelligent thing to do is to vote AGAINST worst-possible candidate "A" by holding your nose and casting a reluctant vote for candidate "B".

Any suggestion there's no such thing as "voting against" is sub-moronic.

B)

#56 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:41 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 25 July 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

This is nonsense.

Just a side question. Did you pass algebra? Did you take probability and statistics?

I didnít think so.

#57 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:44 PM

Oh and by the way: "Space Cowboy" by The Steve Miller Band.

B)

#58 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

View PostRationalThought, on 21 July 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

I understand your point, and I agree with everything you say about the Left.

I just see that as only HALF the equation. Without the other half, things just continue to get worse. That's my point about the downward spiral.

It's like a marriage. It take TWO people to make it work, but only ONE person to sabotage it.

Your statement says the problem is the Left, but fails to even remotely entertain the idea the the Right might have to make an adjustment as well. Your follow-up shows I was spot on in my assessment of your take.

I'm with Trump with "There are decent people on both sides."

IMO, anyone who is saying things along the lines that you did, "THEY need to change to fix things," is just as much of a problem as the people they want to change.

Do you get a glimmer as to why I'm not wanted on either side now? I don't want to give their side a pass and just blame the other side for the problems. The rule is "Humanize the enemy; Be ostracized by the community," and since I see everyone as human I'm not willing to dehumanize them to be part of any community. I faced this issue here for a dozen years, and I understand NOW how and why that happens. I didn't then and I apologize to those people I inadvertently hurt not knowing. I'm glad I don't have to keep going through it to figure it out anymore.

I don't feel the need to argue or debate anymore. I've both mellowed and sharpened. I only speak my truth and explain why that is my truth. Anyone who wants to agree, cool. Anyone who wants to disagree, that's cool, too. I'll explain to the best of my ability and if that's not good enough for them, so be it.

RationalThought

ETA: Thank you for expressing that you are not part of the group that was happy I stopped posting. I suspect you're part of a vanishingly small minority in that position and I hope they don't hold that against you.

But thanks, I appreciate that.

This reminds me of something Rush said shortly after 9/11. Rush asked how do you negotiate with people who are pure evil that only want you either dead or doing/thinking/being EXACTLY what they say. You offer them your arm and they say, nope, not enough...dead or submit. You offer an arm and a leg and they say, nope, not enough...dead or submit. Rush's point is that you can't negotiate with evil, you have to DEFEAT it. The left is EVIL and the Right should stop delusionally trying to negotiate and appease them because they have stated in no uncertain terms that they hate the right and want us DEAD! With all that has gone on since Trump was elected, anyone who doesn't see the left as pure evil is purposely not looking because they don't want to see it (a good friend of mine describes lefties as people "who see it when they believe it").

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users