RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Question for vets: USAA? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question for vets: USAA? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

Back in the day (late '70s and early '80s), if you wanted car insurance there were TWO aimed at the Military: GEICO (Gov't Employee's Insurance Co) aimed mostly at enlisted, and USAA (United Servicemen's Automobile Association) aimed mostly at officers.

Though, these days, GEICO is available to anyone and USAA has branched out to 'Financial Services' including banking.

I do business with USAA "for old times sake" (I'm a softee on this). But it seems like Navy Federal Credit Union runs circles around them in every way imaginable except for car insurance (which NFCU doesn't do).

Getting ready to renew car insurance. USAA is a "contender" but not beholden to them, and a few bucks in either direction doesn't matter

#2 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

FWIW, I had a girlfriend a few years (Navy vet) who researched the heck out of everything before she let go of her money. She used NFCU for banking and GEICO for insurance.

#3 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

This is strictly anecdotal, but we've had USAA insurance (home, car, valuable personal property, umbrella) for years and my parents were insured by them for a long time before that. We filed very few claims in that time but on the rare occasions that we did, USAA was very responsive and easy to work with.

A few months ago, a freak windstorm toppled about 10 - 12 large trees in our backyard, leaving several of them leaning precariously against each other. Once we submitted the claim and the accompanying documentation, the issue was settled quickly and to our satisfaction.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users