RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Even Knitters Get Trump Derangement Syndrome - RightNation.US

Even Knitters Get Trump Derangement Syndrome Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:07 PM

JerryL, on 27 June 2019 - 03:27 AM, said:

I tell you what, if you go into recruiting honestly with the goal of finding the best possible candidate, and if you able to identify your biases (which we ALL have) and defuze them, then you are going to end up "diverse" naturally.

Not everyone does that. When I was in corporate, there was a lot of nepotism and "star" (general/flag officer) recruiting with little concern for actual capacity at levels above me (Program Manager). They all expected PMs, however, to have people that could do the job because our execution of the contracts is what paid their salaries. Now that I am in Government Service, I see around me quite a bit of incestuous recruiting...people leave one department or agency and all of the sudden jobs open up for their pets to follow them. But no one HAS to do that. In both cases, they get away with this around EEO regulations and laws.

I'm sure it's easier to succumb to the pressure but it's so refreshing to see someone who's willing to stand up and do the right thing. It used to be a lot more common, but unfortunately, today it's a rarity.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users