RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is online   ThePatriot 

  • Warpaint
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 25,385
  • Joined: 17-August 03

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

View Postfirecoco, on 13 April 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

http://s8.postimg.org/sh4eys9p1/f6c55ef5bdc03245db0adfa0c7317048455a8a25b570ec9c.jpg

Lol! :lol3:
0

#102 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 19,654
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostSeverian, on 13 April 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Another shining example of the horror that is modern air travel. I can think of no other mode of transportation today where the paying passengers are treated so badly as a matter of course. From the start, with the playing multiple games with ticketing, seats mysteriously disappearing on the airline site after you select them, ever morphing fares, to the kabuki theater body cavity searches and such of TSA "security" screens, to overpriced food and drink, bad furniture, carry on luggage competitions to see who can manage to find space, to lousy to nonexistent food on the flight and "service" by overworked, frazzled, and at times abusive flight attendants, and the ability that the lovely TSA might have you arrested for protesting bad service and charge you with felony terrorism charges. And all this for a seat narrower than an anorexic model's hips that guarantees back problems if you fly more than two hours in it.

I loathe air travel now. I'll easily drive 12 hours to avoid the tin sardine can.


Every bit of this.

Very telling that most anyone who has traveled by Commercial air a few times will have stories ranging from funny all the way to downright disgusting.
Much of it due to either P.O.S. passengers or P.O.S. Airline staff and management. Funny thing is I have driven through nearly half the states of this Nation and to be honest I just can't think of to many 'horror stories' pertaining to the trip itself. Guess that says alot.

Oki

View PostThePatriot, on 13 April 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Lol! :lol3:


Ouch. But damn, there is so much truth in that.

Oki
0

#103 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,329
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

View Postoki, on 13 April 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

Every bit of this.

Very telling that most anyone who has traveled by Commercial air a few times will have stories ranging from funny all the way to downright disgusting.
Much of it due to either P.O.S. passengers or P.O.S. Airline staff and management. Funny thing is I have driven through nearly half the states of this Nation and to be honest I just can't think of to many 'horror stories' pertaining to the trip itself. Guess that says alot.

Oki



Ouch. But damn, there is so much truth in that.

Oki

My only problem with driving/riding long distances is the sleepiness factor. I cannot sleep as a passenger. I don't know why this is, but I cannot do it. Driving however can make me very sleepy. Driving back from Florida, I was hallucinating from the road exhaustion. I saw a speed limit sign with legs, running across the road, and wondered out loud where it was going. Sure I pulled over and got some coffee, but the road still makes me tired.

The days of driving to Florida and back are done for me.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 13 April 2017 - 08:17 AM

0

#104 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

  • Illuminaughty
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 15,535
  • Joined: 08-September 04

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

View PostLadybird, on 13 April 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

My only problem with driving/riding long distances is the sleepiness factor. I cannot sleep as a passenger. I don't know why this is, but I cannot do it. Driving however can make me very sleepy. Driving back from Florida, I was hallucinating from the road exhaustion. I saw a speed limit sign with legs, running across the road, and wondered out loud where it was going. Sure I pulled over and got some coffee, but the road still makes me tired.

The days of driving to Florida and back are done for me.



Here is your solution:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51K5EDA2-gL.jpg

Now you can sleep like a baby in the passenger seat.


;)
0

#105 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,329
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 13 April 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

Here is your solution:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51K5EDA2-gL.jpg

Now you can sleep like a baby in the passenger seat.


;)

:thumbsup:
0

#106 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 19,654
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostLadybird, on 13 April 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

My only problem with driving/riding long distances is the sleepiness factor. I cannot sleep as a passenger. I don't know why this is, but I cannot do it. Driving however can make me very sleepy. Driving back from Florida, I was hallucinating from the road exhaustion. I saw a speed limit sign with legs, running across the road, and wondered out loud where it was going. Sure I pulled over and got some coffee, but the road still makes me tired.

The days of driving to Florida and back are done for me.



If I get comfy I will fall asleep. I am only about 5 foot 7 and in my younger 'buff' days was a solid 175-180. Hardly big by most any standards, but even then it was damn near impossible for me to get comfy in and fall asleep in any of the U.S. carriers seats. Ironically Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways are the exact opposite. Very telling that an Asian Airline would not only have larger seats but ones that are far more comfy.

Per driving, like I said, if I get comfy I will fall asleep, hell, if I am tired enough I will fall asleep most anywhere. But, there is a point of coarse. IN regards to the signs growing legs, on one occasion I though the trees where reaching down trying to grab my car. Scared to the crap out of me as I thought they where possessed by some evil Demon force. I think this was one of the many late night Duncan - Fort Sill runs I made when I was stationed at Sill.

Know I have discovered the magic of Mountain Dew and Coast to Coast A.M. for those late night all alone drives. Between the two it's usually a lot harder to fall asleep. Ironically what happened to this man has even made the National News in Japan, me and the wife where watching the Japanese broadcast on N.H.K. last night. Both of us agreed this would never have happened in Japan Why? Yhe C.E.O. would most likely have resigned by know and ANYONE ANYONE involved in this would either be in jail or at least fired.

Not to say that Japanese airlines don't have to deal with idiots from time to time. They do, no where near the rate as here, but none the less security and Police do their damdest to talk a person down first and if that fails will get physical and they typically are very well trained to subdue a person. Not a hit on our Police or Security most are actually pretty decent, but there is a huge difference in how each operates, training, and so on. Again, not a dis on the Police/Security here just pointing out that much more is dedicated towards training and procedure.


Oki
0

#107 User is offline   LongKnife 

  • Don't start none, won't be none.
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 2,380
  • Joined: 10-November 04

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostASE, on 13 April 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

I had heard in one account that the guy had already been 'bounced' from the flight (before boarding or after was not made clear), but had snuck back on with the 4 UA employees that were the cause of the 'bumping' in the first place. Anyone else heard about that?

Yes, I saw this also. There is video of him going down the aisle saying, "I have to go home" after getting back onto the plane. He was escorted off again, but without the beatdown.
0

#108 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 23,002
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

http://cdn.liveleak....ld3&ec_rate=499

Here's a new video of the claimed/alleged "belligerant" passenger.

He's not rude or belligerant at all.

He politely refused to vacate the plane.

He lost teeth and received a broken nose.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 13 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

0

#109 User is offline   Alexis 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,429
  • Joined: 14-January 06

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

View PostLadybird, on 13 April 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

My only problem with driving/riding long distances is the sleepiness factor. I cannot sleep as a passenger. I don't know why this is, but I cannot do it. Driving however can make me very sleepy. Driving back from Florida, I was hallucinating from the road exhaustion. I saw a speed limit sign with legs, running across the road, and wondered out loud where it was going. Sure I pulled over and got some coffee, but the road still makes me tired.

The days of driving to Florida and back are done for me.


I have the same problem, Ladybird. I cannot sleep as a passenger in a plane, but driving at night makes me very sleepy (highway hypnosis?). I always have to stop and rest for a while.

On a recent flight, the teenager sitting next to me fell asleep before we even started to taxi, and slept the entire time from California to Philadelphia. I was so envious, as I was awake the entire time.
0

#110 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,736
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

View Postoki, on 13 April 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

Every bit of this.

Very telling that most anyone who has traveled by Commercial air a few times will have stories ranging from funny all the way to downright disgusting.
Much of it due to either P.O.S. passengers or P.O.S. Airline staff and management. Funny thing is I have driven through nearly half the states of this Nation and to be honest I just can't think of to many 'horror stories' pertaining to the trip itself. Guess that says alot.

Oki


Commercial air hasn't been "fun" since probably early or mid '90s. About the time Airlines started to use computer algorithms to schedule planes so as fill all seats. (A good friend was a programmer for Delta back then; he wrote some of the code. Damn Him.)

My first job as an engineer was doing "Field Service" circa '87. (Company had a policy: EVERY incoming engineer does 2 years in "field service" before getting a desk job. Seems to work.) At the time Continental and Eastern were still around. Work it right, take a red-eye back from the left coast at the end of a week, swear to god there were times I was the only person on board besides the aircrew. Especially Eastern. There I am, 2 or 3 stewardesses and me. 5-1/2 hour flight from west coast to Miami. Gee, how DOES one pass the time? I could tell stories... but a Gentleman never tells.

Continental? Different. They had "milk and cookies" flights back in the day. Fresh baked cookies and a glass of milk in the wee hours before "lights out". And I've had occasion to "snuggle up" with a Continental stewardess for the duration... but it never went any further than that.

Ah, those were the days.

As an (older-and-wiser) Biz owner, I FULLY understand why Eastern, Braniff, Continental, etc., went under. They just couldn't make the numbers works in a way that operators like Delta and Northwest Orient could.

But... it was fun while it lasted. Besides, there's Mrs Smithee now and I'm "older and wiser". Well, at least older anyway. Not sure I'd even WANT to do the Eastern Airlines thing any more.
0

#111 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,736
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

View PostAlexis, on 14 April 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

I have the same problem, Ladybird. I cannot sleep as a passenger in a plane, but driving at night makes me very sleepy (highway hypnosis?). I always have to stop and rest for a while.

On a recent flight, the teenager sitting next to me fell asleep before we even started to taxi, and slept the entire time from California to Philadelphia. I was so envious, as I was awake the entire time.


An old-hand "navy" guy. I can sleep to a steady drone of noise. In fact I NEED it; I can't sleep at all unless there's a TV or something on in the background.

Dead Quiet??? Aw, hell no. I'm wide awake immediately. What STOPPED that should be running?
0

#112 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

  • Illuminaughty
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 15,535
  • Joined: 08-September 04

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 15 April 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Commercial air hasn't been "fun" since probably early or mid '90s. About the time Airlines started to use computer algorithms to schedule planes so as fill all seats. (A good friend was a programmer for Delta back then; he wrote some of the code. Damn Him.)

My first job as an engineer was doing "Field Service" circa '87. (Company had a policy: EVERY incoming engineer does 2 years in "field service" before getting a desk job. Seems to work.) At the time Continental and Eastern were still around. Work it right, take a red-eye back from the left coast at the end of a week, swear to god there were times I was the only person on board besides the aircrew. Especially Eastern. There I am, 2 or 3 stewardesses and me. 5-1/2 hour flight from west coast to Miami. Gee, how DOES one pass the time? I could tell stories... but a Gentleman never tells.

Continental? Different. They had "milk and cookies" flights back in the day. Fresh baked cookies and a glass of milk in the wee hours before "lights out". And I've had occasion to "snuggle up" with a Continental stewardess for the duration... but it never went any further than that.

Ah, those were the days.

As an (older-and-wiser) Biz owner, I FULLY understand why Eastern, Braniff, Continental, etc., went under. They just couldn't make the numbers works in a way that operators like Delta and Northwest Orient could.

But... it was fun while it lasted. Besides, there's Mrs Smithee now and I'm "older and wiser". Well, at least older anyway. Not sure I'd even WANT to do the Eastern Airlines thing any more.



When you have company, you break out the projector and show family vacation videos, don't you?
0

#113 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,736
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 15 April 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

When you have company, you break out the projector and show family vacation videos, don't you?

Oh, Lord. NO. Some would not be "safe for work".

Lets just say: I had some fun back in the day. Things I wouldn't exactly want all to see.
0

#114 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 19,654
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 15 April 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Commercial air hasn't been "fun" since probably early or mid '90s. About the time Airlines started to use computer algorithms to schedule planes so as fill all seats. (A good friend was a programmer for Delta back then; he wrote some of the code. Damn Him.)

My first job as an engineer was doing "Field Service" circa '87. (Company had a policy: EVERY incoming engineer does 2 years in "field service" before getting a desk job. Seems to work.) At the time Continental and Eastern were still around. Work it right, take a red-eye back from the left coast at the end of a week, swear to god there were times I was the only person on board besides the aircrew. Especially Eastern. There I am, 2 or 3 stewardesses and me. 5-1/2 hour flight from west coast to Miami. Gee, how DOES one pass the time? I could tell stories... but a Gentleman never tells.

Continental? Different. They had "milk and cookies" flights back in the day. Fresh baked cookies and a glass of milk in the wee hours before "lights out". And I've had occasion to "snuggle up" with a Continental stewardess for the duration... but it never went any further than that.

Ah, those were the days.

As an (older-and-wiser) Biz owner, I FULLY understand why Eastern, Braniff, Continental, etc., went under. They just couldn't make the numbers works in a way that operators like Delta and Northwest Orient could.

But... it was fun while it lasted. Besides, there's Mrs Smithee now and I'm "older and wiser". Well, at least older anyway. Not sure I'd even WANT to do the Eastern Airlines thing any more.



By in large I gotta' agree, things really seemed to have taken a turn for the worse around 97 98 ish. Prior to that even the longest flights weren't bad. I remember making a couple of Osaka/Tokyo to Minneapolis runs where there where a couple empty seats and a person could actually rest. No crazy stories to tell, closest was a young Japanese lady who was dog tired and fell asleep on my shoulder. No harm there. Other then the first and last time I flew 'ol shaky' the only other crazy in flight (not getting bumped, delayed, canceled or such) stories I have are the following.

When I left the Army and was in route from Tokyo to Minneapolis a young lady who was in the seat next to me collapsed on her way back from the Toilet.
It was then I learned flight crew have 0 first aid training. Thankfully she fainted and was able to walk back to her seat and I helped keep an eye on her for the remainder of the flight. Probably dehydration.

The other was in 09 coming back from Japan. Let's just say your in for a fun ride when the pilot says I am leaving the fasten seat belt sign on BECAUSE WE ARE EXPECTING TURBULENCE. It was then I learned that Boeng's ain't called Air Tanks for nothing. When your counting 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi as the aircraft is dropping, know that's a fun ride. We where the last flight to leave prior to all traffic being halted due to an incoming large Typhoon, it started getting fun at the airport about 45 minutes after we left. On the monitor we could see that storm as well as two or three others in or near our flight path. I felt sorry for the student sitting next to me, Japanese people tend to have lighter skin tones to begin with, this guy looked like a freaken' ghost until we got out further over the Pacific.

On a different flight I had the fun of informing the pilot and co pilot of sparks coming out the engine exhaust when we starting our decent. God was that the flight from hell. Both ears infected, and an over pressured cabin, I was in hell. I know exactly what small kids feel. Imagine someone pounding old fashioned thermometers into your ears.

For what it's worth time and again we see the difference between someone with outside field tech and installer experience having to correct the 'engineers' expert plans. Well those engineers who never set or had anyone set foot in a C.O. (central office). Fiber optic or copper cables that are to damn short, or insanely long. Not accounting for bends and drops in the cabling, not accounting for screw holes in the racks not matching up exactly and equipment/chassis that either can't fit everything or can barely house anything. Not making sure the everything is up to spec for power requirements. Yeah, I hear yah'.

Oki
0

#115 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,736
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

View Postoki, on 17 April 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

The other was in 09 coming back from Japan. Let's just say your in for a fun ride when the pilot says I am leaving the fasten seat belt sign on BECAUSE WE ARE EXPECTING TURBULENCE. It was then I learned that Boeng's ain't called Air Tanks for nothing. When your counting 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi as the aircraft is dropping, know that's a fun ride. We where the last flight to leave prior to all traffic being halted due to an incoming large Typhoon, it started getting fun at the airport about 45 minutes after we left. On the monitor we could see that storm as well as two or three others in or near our flight path. I felt sorry for the student sitting next to me, Japanese people tend to have lighter skin tones to begin with, this guy looked like a freaken' ghost until we got out further over the Pacific.


I've experienced "turbulence". 1993, TWA flight from St. Louis to Cedar Rapids Iowa in a DC-9. Both airports were okay, taking off and landing, but MAJOR storm front in between - the same storm that cause SD Gov. George Mickelson's plane to crash (RIP). Swear to god, at one point we were upside down - the only time outside a warzone I've ever been so. (The other being in the jumpseat in an Ilyushin IL-76 cargo plane from Dubai to Uzbekistan when the pilot did a barrel roll to avoid a missile. Believe me, I can now swear very fluently in Russian. And pray. Both at the same time.)


View Postoki, on 17 April 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

For what it's worth time and again we see the difference between someone with outside field tech and installer experience having to correct the 'engineers' expert plans. Well those engineers who never set or had anyone set foot in a C.O. (central office). Fiber optic or copper cables that are to damn short, or insanely long. Not accounting for bends and drops in the cabling, not accounting for screw holes in the racks not matching up exactly and equipment/chassis that either can't fit everything or can barely house anything. Not making sure the everything is up to spec for power requirements. Yeah, I hear yah'.


I'd like to think that what gives me an edge as an engineer is having done time as 'field service' on the way up. WAAY to much of an attitude these days, ship it and let field service sort it out. I mean, if the cable that was shipped is "only" an inch too short, what's the problem? Don't you have a 'cable stretcher'? LOL.

Full credit to that first Company I worked for. CEO was a perfectionist; it wasn't unusual to see him watching equipment being crated and using his own handkerchief to wipe off any fingerprints or smudges. The stuff had to be THAT perfect going out. Every order had a "Sales promise date" and a "Mfg. promise date" one week earlier. It had better be PERFECT by the mfg date. In an emergency you could chew up that extra week but by God you'd better be prepared to explain yourself.
0

#116 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,736
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 15 April 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

When you have company, you break out the projector and show family vacation videos, don't you?


"videos"? whaddya think I am, some millennial or something?

I break out the slide projector. A Rollei model P350, if you must know.
0

#117 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

  • Illuminaughty
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 15,535
  • Joined: 08-September 04

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 17 April 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

"videos"? whaddya think I am, some millennial or something?

I break out the slide projector. A Rollei model P350, if you must know.



Heh. Is that one that you could feed "Magazines" of slides into, or was it the prehistoric one that you had to actually load the projector itself with each slide?
0

#118 User is offline   lyria 

  • Just trying to get through the day without screaming.
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 16,670
  • Joined: 23-December 04

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 17 April 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

"videos"? whaddya think I am, some millennial or something?

I break out the slide projector. A Rollei model P350, if you must know.


View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 18 April 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Heh. Is that one that you could feed "Magazines" of slides into, or was it the prehistoric one that you had to actually load the projector itself with each slide?


Who are you, my father? Next you'll say those slides are at least 50% pictures of trains.

This post has been edited by lyria: 18 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users