RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Thinly Veiled Insults from Michelle Obama to Mothers in America - RightNation.US

-----
I am often shocked at the arrogance and hubris of the First Couple in the way they present themselves to the American people.

Their speeches are crafted by others because, as we all know, both of them are far too busy globe trotting and partying on the back of the American taxpayer to actually do anything on their own and rely on consistent delegation to make their vacation obligations.

Recently the First Lady gave an interview to a gushing toady who works for MSN, the Michelle Sizzles Network, about how tough it is as a working mother to get it right when it comes to making food choices for her children.

In her interview she continued to hammer home that her agenda to revamp public school menus must never be touched for the good of American children.

Mrs. Obama, an attorney, has never, to my knowledge, been educated in nutrition or spent a great deal of time in her much touted Victory Garden to understand how the four basic food groups work in conjunction to create the building blocks for children to grow healthy and robust from.

She has, however, set herself up as a leading voice in nutrition by spearheading her signature efforts as First Lady to revamp the menus in the public school system because, as she has told us many times, childhood obesity is a threat to our national security.

In her latest interview, she said:

ďBefore coming to the White House, I struggled, as a working parent with a traveling, busy husband, to figure out how to feed my kids healthy, and I didnít get it right. Our pediatrician had to pull me aside and point out some things that were going wrong. I thought to myself, if a Princeton and Harvard educated professional woman doesnít know how to adequately feed her kids, then what are other parents going through who donít have access to the information I have?" source

The arrogance of this statement staggers me.

This woman thinks that her 'education' qualifies her to dictate to other parents around the nation about how they feed their children?

Given the amount of self indulgent behavior both she and her husband have exhibited since moving into the White House, her supposed lack of success when seeing that her children were given adequate nutrition doesn't surprise me in the least.

There are generations filled with mothers who could not read, let alone lay claim to an Ivy League education who raised healthy, hearty, robust children who went on to do the very same for themselves.

Why? Because before people became so self involved and vain as the First Couple display, people attended to their families, they paid attention and they focused on the important things, not the frivolous and self-aggrandizing.

Children were fed bacon and eggs for breakfast, along with flap jacks or biscuits and gravy, whole milk and then they were sent to school with a full lunch in a plain brown paper sack with a nickel to buy milk to wash it down with at lunch. They had recess where they played with their friends and they had a PE class where they learned how to play team sports, getting out there and burning calories and exercising their lungs, their hearts, and they learned the value of teamwork and competition.

Today in public schools they don't have recess, they don't have PE and they provide sub-par meals that are unappealing to the eye, the palate and the kids refuse to eat them because they look like pig slop slapped on a cafeteria platter.

Conversely, the Federal Government, under the First Lady's mandate ( a woman who does NOT hold any political office NOR holds any power to initiate ANY changes in government ) is emboldening and empowering school officials to become the food police as well as wasting untold millions in taxpayer funds when the children dump the turkey vomit that they are presented for lunch.

So we are wasting what the First Lady considers to be food, we are wasting taxpayer funds ( which this administration is very adept at doing ) and our children are suffering.

And all of this because this Ivy League educated woman who has no nutritional education or expertise, has decided that she and the minions beneath her have more a right to dictate what American children eat than their parents do.

I would venture to guess that her carefully phrased statement is to assuage the mothers across America who suddenly question their menu choices for their children, that she, a highly educated working mom could not make the right choices, so how could the lowly average American mother expect to do a better job than she when it came to providing her children a nutritionally superior diet?

Yes, American mothers everywhere can feel much more comfortable surrendering their children to the public school system where their nutritional needs will be met with unappealing, unappetizing, unpalatable slop that the First Lady herself has approved of.

This smacks of asking mothers to surrender their children to medical experiments and it is utterly disgusting.

The public school system was designed to educate, not feed children.

Too many times the federal government oversteps its authority to force its way into the private life of citizens to dictate what is good for them because they, as a massive, ravenous entity knows better than they do.

In this case, as in countless others, I would assert that as an American citizen, the First Lady can keep her self important hogwash to herself and attend to the matter of feeding her two daughters and leave the rest of the mothers across America to do the same.

Unless, of course, she is open to having someone else barge into her household and take over how she raises her daughters.

Perhaps if she was forced to watch her children choke down the slop that she insists is good for them based upon her extensive nutritional studies, she will begin to realize what an offensive and insulting program she has slapped her name on.

Despite her Princeton and Harvard education, she is entirely out of her depth in this arena and she needs to be stopped.

3 Comments On This Entry

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that Moochelle has an eating disorder.
I think the long term goal of statements like this is to discourage young people from having children. First convince them they have to be experts to raise children, then make it look really difficult to gain that expertise.
It's easy to "feed your kids healthy." First, you take one healthy, and then marinate it overnight. Bake it the next day at 375 for an hour, and boom, you have a perfect healthy to feed your kids.
Page 1 of 1

Categories