RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump Takes Back $1 Billion from California; Gavin Newsom Complai - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Takes Back $1 Billion from California; Gavin Newsom Complai Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:41 PM

Trump Takes Back $1 Billion from California; Gavin Newsom Complains: 'Political Retribution'

https://www.breitbart.com
Joel B. Pollak
February 19, 2019

Article:

The Trump administration announced Tuesday that it was canceling a federal grant to California worth nearly $1 billion after Gov. Gavin Newsom announced the cancelation of the state's high-speed rail project last week.

Newsom used his "State of the State" address Feb. 12 to cancel the San Francisco-to-Los Angeles project, saying it "would cost too much and, respectfully, would take too long" to complete.

However, he told legislators he wanted to complete the portion of the bullet train under construction in the rural Central Valley, lest the state lose federal dollars granted to California by President Barack Obama as part of the 2009 stimulus: "I am not interested in sending $3.5 billion in federal funding that was allocated to this project back to Donald Trump," Newsom said.

The president had other ideas, and took to Twitter to demand that California return the money. Newsom rejected that demand, insisting: "This is CA's money, allocated by Congress for this project. We're not giving it back."

But on Tuesday, the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) sent a letter to the California High-Speed Rail Authority, informing it that it was terminating its agreement with the state and therefore would refuse to provide the state with $928,620,000 allocated to the high-speed rail project.

The FRA listed several factors informing its decision, including the likelihood that the high-speed rail would not be completed by 2022, as contemplated by the original agreement. The state's high-speed rail authority had also failed, according to the FRA, to provide "timely and satisfactory financial reports" to the federal government.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

Last I checked in the real world when you are given money for something that's what you spend it on.
If you don't spend it on that then you either give it back or go to jail for fraud or theft.
Hey California, reality and the real world is a b$tch, isn't it?

Oki

#3 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:55 PM

Good.

Time to cut off all of their other federal money that they have always received (for settlers) since they became a state.

#4 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

How could any rational person not agree with the federal government doing this?

Note, I said rational. This does not include the left. Of course they will bitch and moan about big ole mean Trump not letting them keep money for a canceled project. The nerve!!

#5 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

Trump should tell California they Federal Government will be using the money to make a high speed rail between Andrade and San Diego. The first step is making a giant noise canceling wall on the border.

This post has been edited by Joe the Pagan: 20 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

#6 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:25 PM

View Postoki, on 20 February 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Last I checked in the real world when you are given money for something that's what you spend it on.
If you don't spend it on that then you either give it back or go to jail for fraud or theft.
Hey California, reality and the real world is a b$tch, isn't it?

Oki

Yup. In business terms it's called "theft by conversion". The core concept being that you're given money for one specific purpose, but "convert" it to another purpose, such as either personal gain or, in the case of CA, propping up the state's deeply-in-the-blue** budget.

**= Yeah, I know, traditionally "in the black" meant solvent and "in the red" meant debt. As a conservative from a "Red" (Well, at least purple) state I find that abhorrent. Nay, I find that "offensive", since be "offended", by whatever, seems to be all the rage these days.

Henceforth, I am decreeing by the power vested in me by, well, ME, that from this moment forward "in the Green" shall mean solvent and shall be recorded on paper with Parker "Permanent Green Quink" and that "in the blue" shall mean deficit, recorded on paper in Mont-Blanc "Permanent Blue".

(And, as a Parker Pen aficionado, WHY IS IT that Parker calls their blue ink "washable" whereas Mont-Blanc calls their blue ink "Permanent"? Hmmm? Inquiring minds want to know.)

#7 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:56 AM

View PostRock N, on 20 February 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

Good.

Time to cut off all of their other federal money that they have always received (for settlers) since they became a state.

:exactly:

And do the same to the 16 states suing him over his wall. Let them find out Karma's a mother.

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 21 February 2019 - 08:08 AM

#8 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:30 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 20 February 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

Yup. In business terms it's called "theft by conversion". The core concept being that you're given money for one specific purpose, but "convert" it to another purpose, such as either personal gain or, in the case of CA, propping up the state's deeply-in-the-blue** budget.

**= Yeah, I know, traditionally "in the black" meant solvent and "in the red" meant debt. As a conservative from a "Red" (Well, at least purple) state I find that abhorrent. Nay, I find that "offensive", since be "offended", by whatever, seems to be all the rage these days.

Henceforth, I am decreeing by the power vested in me by, well, ME, that from this moment forward "in the Green" shall mean solvent and shall be recorded on paper with Parker "Permanent Green Quink" and that "in the blue" shall mean deficit, recorded on paper in Mont-Blanc "Permanent Blue".

(And, as a Parker Pen aficionado, WHY IS IT that Parker calls their blue ink "washable" whereas Mont-Blanc calls their blue ink "Permanent"? Hmmm? Inquiring minds want to know.)

Funny how leftists are a okay with one thing when it's not their money that's being mis used but by God they will go on an utter rampage and demand jail time if it's their money.

Never could understand the term permanent or washable markers. If they are permanent shouldn't they stick to anything? IE even a Sharpie will wash of glass or most any smooth/polished surface. But yet ever try getting a washable marker out of paper(yeah I know) but still, if it's washable should you be able to wash it out of everything? Then there is 'dry erase' markers. What the hell? You never want to try and erase the damn things when they are completely dry. Wet no problem but dry? That can be an absolute mother f'r. Then you gotta' spray the board.... thinking they need to be called wet erase markers....

Oki

#9 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:35 PM

View Postoki, on 21 February 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Funny how leftists are a okay with one thing when it's not their money that's being mis used but by God they will go on an utter rampage and demand jail time if it's their money.

Never could understand the term permanent or washable markers. If they are permanent shouldn't they stick to anything? IE even a Sharpie will wash of glass or most any smooth/polished surface. But yet ever try getting a washable marker out of paper(yeah I know) but still, if it's washable should you be able to wash it out of everything?

As for pen-on-paper? YES there is definitely a difference between "washable" and "permanent". Dismayed when Parker came out with their Gel Pen refills for their pens.

(And I'll admit I'm absolutely ANAL on this topic. 1/2 goes back to my Navy days where the logbook is sacrosanct. You never 'erase' anything; a "correction" is made by "striking out" something, initialing it, THEN re-writing it.

As a DoE contractor? What works for the Navy seems to work for us. We log everything on Blueline #A9 notebooks. And I REQUIRE all entries to be made in either Parker "Quink" or Mont Blanc "Permanent blue". (well, I'm the boss. And I like Parker pens. I'll claim "executive privilege")

View Postoki, on 21 February 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Then there is 'dry erase' markers. What the hell? You never want to try and erase the damn things when they are completely dry. Wet no problem but dry? That can be an absolute mother f'r. Then you gotta' spray the board.... thinking they need to be called wet erase markers....

Oh, yes, "Dry Erase". Works fine if you erase it within the "session" that you wrote it, or shortly therefter. But let it sit for a few days (or even, god forbid a month +)(Not that,ahem, I've ever done it) Two words: Win. Dex.

#10 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

The president had other ideas, and took to Twitter to demand that California return the money. Newsom rejected that demand, insisting: "This is CA's money, allocated by Congress for this project. We're not giving it back."

Wrong, Newsome. It is FEDERAL money granted for a project that is NO LONGER IN PLAY, therefore you need to send it back.

Trying to dance around the issue and make the Merced to Bakersfield line happen is total imbecility and you don't deserve a single penny for that idiotic 'alternative'.

You are attempting to steal money that is not yours, azzhole, and everyone with the ability to comprehend hot from cold can see it.

#11 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 21 February 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

(And I'll admit I'm absolutely ANAL on this topic. 1/2 goes back to my Navy days where the logbook is sacrosanct. You never 'erase' anything; a "correction" is made by "striking out" something, initialing it, THEN re-writing it.

As a DoE contractor? What works for the Navy seems to work for us. We log everything on Blueline #A9 notebooks. And I REQUIRE all entries to be made in either Parker "Quink" or Mont Blanc "Permanent blue". (well, I'm the boss. And I like Parker pens. I'll claim "executive privilege")

Oh, yes, "Dry Erase". Works fine if you erase it within the "session" that you wrote it, or shortly therefter. But let it sit for a few days (or even, god forbid a month +)(Not that,ahem, I've ever done it) Two words: Win. Dex.

You are bringing back memories of my days in the Army working at a comms station. Hell, I don't even think the Military has a stock number for pencils. And yeah, Win Dex is quite good for getting ink of stuff. My go to for stain removal has also been B12 Chemtool, if that don't get it out it ain't comin' out.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users