RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 8-Year-Old 'Hero' Pulls Sister From Car As Kidnapper Tries To - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8-Year-Old 'Hero' Pulls Sister From Car As Kidnapper Tries To Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

8-Year-Old 'Hero' Pulls Sister From Car As Kidnapper Tries To Drive Away

April 29, 2019 23:40 IST

The 8-year-old was not about to let a strange man drive off with his 10-year-old sister in their great-grandmother's car.
Moments earlier, Chance Blue and Skylar Weaver were waiting in the back seat as their great-grandmother dropped off a relative at a hospital in Middletown, Ohio, on Thursday afternoon. About 10 seconds after Nita Coburn left the running car, the children began to scream when a man jumped into the driver's seat and started to speed off.

But the carjacker was not anticipating the quick-thinking of 8-year-old Chance, who is now being celebrated for saving his older sister from a potential kidnapping.

"This little guy is a hero. No question," Middletown Police Chief Rodney Muterspaw said in a Friday statement on Facebook.

The 8-year-old boy recalled to WCPO how the driver, 24-year-old Dalvir Singh, hopped into the car, which his great-grandmother had left outside the Atrium Medical Center, and hit the gas. Coburn thought she had locked the doors, but a safety feature on her car kept the vehicle unlocked, she said. Chance quickly opened the rear passenger's door, scrambling to create enough space for him and his sister to escape from the moving car.

<snip>

Link

Saved her from a kidnapping and likely much worse.

#2 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

View PostLadybird, on 29 April 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

8-Year-Old 'Hero' Pulls Sister From Car As Kidnapper Tries To Drive Away

April 29, 2019 23:40 IST

The 8-year-old was not about to let a strange man drive off with his 10-year-old sister in their great-grandmother's car.
Moments earlier, Chance Blue and Skylar Weaver were waiting in the back seat as their great-grandmother dropped off a relative at a hospital in Middletown, Ohio, on Thursday afternoon. About 10 seconds after Nita Coburn left the running car, the children began to scream when a man jumped into the driver's seat and started to speed off.

But the carjacker was not anticipating the quick-thinking of 8-year-old Chance, who is now being celebrated for saving his older sister from a potential kidnapping.

"This little guy is a hero. No question," Middletown Police Chief Rodney Muterspaw said in a Friday statement on Facebook.

The 8-year-old boy recalled to WCPO how the driver, 24-year-old Dalvir Singh, hopped into the car, which his great-grandmother had left outside the Atrium Medical Center, and hit the gas. Coburn thought she had locked the doors, but a safety feature on her car kept the vehicle unlocked, she said. Chance quickly opened the rear passenger's door, scrambling to create enough space for him and his sister to escape from the moving car.

<snip>

Link

Saved her from a kidnapping and likely much worse.

No likely about it, the fact that he tried to pull the young girl back in and away from her brother proves this wasn't a car jacking. Just let him into General Pop and the problem will solve itself real quick.

Oki

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

View Postoki, on 29 April 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

No likely about it, the fact that he tried to pull the young girl back in and away from her brother proves this wasn't a car jacking. Just let him into General Pop and the problem will solve itself real quick.

Oki

And once again someone is leaving kids alone in a car. Sure, our parents did it back in the day. At ten I was babysitting other kids and was definitely left in the car much younger (with an older sibling), but things are terrible now. It wasn’t such a good idea back then.

#4 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostLadybird, on 29 April 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

And once again someone is leaving kids alone in a car. Sure, our parents did it back in the day. At ten I was babysitting other kids and was definitely left in the car much younger (with an older sibling), but things are terrible now. It wasn’t such a good idea back then.

Yeah, I can see this as a somewhere in the middle truth thing. I believe it did happen, but we never really heard about it so much. But, I think at the same time it is happening more know days as well. Either way, in this day and age not a good idea. In the past because the kids might harm themselves, know days because some p.o.s. may see them as an easy target. Coarse, when we did travel (if we could) we had the ultimate security system with us. A German Shepherd mix who knew instantly who shall pass and who shall not pass. There was absolutely no middle ground. If you where part of the family(to include numerous neighbors and friends) he was your best friend in the world. If you where not, then God help you. If he wanted to get your ass he would find a way. But, it did take something special to make the latter list. He was the type that even if it wasn't 'his kids' in trouble he would gladly rip someone a new one.

Oki

#5 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

When Coburn sat down late last week to look over the surveillance footage of the near kidnapping, Coburn said she still could not believe what she was seeing on film.

"Look at that," she said to WKRC, gazing at the grainy footage. "God bless his little heart."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wrong, that kid's got a huge heart! What a great ending! :clap:

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 29 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Great kid! Brave, courageous, sensible, quick-thinking, loves his sister, all-in-all a kid to be very proud of.

:2up:

The great-grandmother? Not so much. Oh don't misunderstand: I'm sure she loves her grandkids and all that. But leaving them alone in a running car? Stupid!

<_<

#7 User is offline   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:42 PM

I shudder to think about what we used to do back then, and what could have happened.

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:05 PM

I didn't mean to put this in the Entertainment forum.

View PostAlexis, on 29 April 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

I shudder to think about what we used to do back then, and what could have happened.

Yes, like walking home from school with a key around the neck.

#9 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:14 PM

And once again someone is leaving kids alone in a car. Sure, our parents did it back in the day. At ten I was babysitting other kids and was definitely left in the car much younger (with an older sibling), but things are terrible now. It wasn't such a good idea back then.

Yep the Grandmother's at fault for dropping someone off at the hospital! Completely. No reason that young Singh should have been tempted to steal a car in broad daylight. Sorry not buying it. If the scum bag had not been perched to steal the car than this wouldn't have happened. Incidentally, every wonder why they have those awnings just outside emergency rooms? Yep it's so you can help someone get into a ER without parking your car. Just like this lady did.

The failure is not the woman, its the Singh guy.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 29 April 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

Yep the Grandmother's at fault for dropping someone off at the hospital! Completely. No reason that young Singh should have been tempted to steal a car in broad daylight. Sorry not buying it. If the scum bag had not been perched to steal the car than this wouldn't have happened. Incidentally, every wonder why they have those awnings just outside emergency rooms? Yep it's so you can help someone get into a ER without parking your car. Just like this lady did.

The failure is not the woman, its the Singh guy.

???

Wow, I ordinarily agree with most of your posts, TT. But here I can't. Don't get me wrong: OF COURSE the thief himself is the crook; the criminal; the bad guy. The attempted crime is 100% on him. But by no stretch of the imagination does that excuse the extreme stupidity and carelessness of the great-grandmother. In this day & age she left two children alone in a running car in a public parking lot?? Would YOU do that?? I can tell you without hesitation I wouldn't. That car would be parked and locked and not running, and those kids would be coming inside with me and whoever I was dropping off. I sure as hell would like to believe you'd also be that intelligent & responsible.

B)

#11 User is online   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:35 PM

View Postoki, on 29 April 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Just let him into General Pop and the problem will solve itself real quick.

In this, prison inmates have a better grasp on justice than the average left-wing judge and voter

#12 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 29 April 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

In this, prison inmates have a better grasp on justice than the average left-wing judge and voter

Pretty f'd up world when that's the case, but it's true.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users