RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Tillerson is “Dumb as a Rock” - RightNation.US

Tillerson is “Dumb as a Rock” Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:35 AM

View PostDutch13, on 24 May 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

It was sincere.....sorry for the way it came across. I had a couple other sentences typed out, started to fix them, deleted them....and then hit POST because I needed to do something else. While we have gotten heated with one another in the past, you do take time to debate folks rather than just firing off personal attacks, emoticons, or snarky one liners.

Thanks.

#42 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

View Postzurg, on 24 May 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

I think you’re exactly right. Trump should have said what you suggest or something similar. I want you to understand that as an underlying principle, you’re 100% right.

But, another consideration is how things are presented and what roles everyone assumes in that social transaction.
1) There actually ARE many times when Trump doesn’t comment about someone and just lets it go. We don’t hear about those, because those occurrences don’t make him look bad.
2) Trump has no defenders in the media beyond Hannity and a couple of others. I can imagine that it DOES wear a person down. I must admit that it’s probably pretty hard, KNOWING that the democrats and the media won’t accept anything but a resignation, or better yet, a forceful coup.
3) The media are trying to make it as unbearable to Trump as possible. It’s a personal hatred and vendetta. They’re ostracizing him to the max. They call him a racist daily. They call him an extremist daily. They take China’s side on trade, they take illegals’ side on the border, they give Obama credit for the economy. They NEVER talk about Trump’s achievements.

Therefore, and this is just MY decision, but I’ll lay it out there as food for thought, I’ll use a higher bar before I trash Trump over something like this. The left will never play fair. If we admit fault, they say, good, now you’re finally telling the truth. And they never reciprocate.

Thus, I don’t consider THIS particular incident something big enough to get on Trump’s case about. I’ve decided long ago that I don’t need to like his personality best. Do I wish he was less petty? Sure. But I’ll let the pettiness slide and I’ll focus on things that really matter.

The bigger story is that the media and the democrats were and are trying to overthrow a duly elected president.

Thanks Zurg. I appreciate your reasoned response.

I understand and respect your position.

View PostRedSoloCup, on 24 May 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

What makes you think my post was directed at you? :huh:

Because the one you quoted and responded to was.

#43 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 24 May 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

At least it isn't Hillary, eh? Lol You take that statement a lot less seriously than I do. Were you up for a continuation of Obama's policies for another 8 years? Jobs, the economy, the invasion on our southern border would have all continued their spiral downward. Yes, Trump says things he probably shouldn't and does it because he doesn't give a rat's ass about people who would cling to a single statement instead of seeing the big picture. Me? I see the big picture and I like what I see, the rest of it's just fluff... :thumbsup:

I wasn’t. And anyone who doesn’t knee jerk every potential criticism of Trump knows that I gladly voted for him to keep HRC out and that have been very pleased, and frankly surprised, with the job he is doing.

#44 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:47 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 24 May 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

Trump must have thought Tillerson would be good for the job because he had been CEO of Exxon and had experience dealing with many world leaders in that position.

Turns out that being good at negotiating oil deals is a lot different than negotiating deals for the United States. Tillerson's success in the oil business was due to his underlying knowledge of that industry. Take him out of that element and he's like a fish out of water. Nobody knew he was a one-trick-pony until he tried something else.

Concur. Again, I had no problem with firing Tillerson.

My point was simply trying to find out if anyone thought there was an upside to how DJT handled the barb fro Rex.

#45 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostJerryL, on 23 May 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

My point is the same one I have been making...whether one agrees or not...since he was elected. Many of his more petty tweets and “defenses” only serve to diminish him and make him look petty. This is one.

A disgruntled, fired, employee takes a jab. He fires back with “Tillerson (who I hired and placed in one of the 4 most powerful positions in a US administration) is dumber than a rock.”

How does that advance the President or anything he wants to accomplish?

You, Monty, know that I like what he is doing. I want him to do more. This doesn’t help, IMO. If I am wrong, I would like someone to at least attempt to explain how.

Yup, agreed. I may not have worded my previous post very well, but I was basically trying to say the same thing you've said here.

And it sure is frustrating that evidently only a couple of us grasp what you're saying.

:hairpull:

#46 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostDutch13, on 24 May 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

I agree, but based on the way that Trump has handled his former cabinet members, why would a successful person that might greatly benefit the United States every want to go to work for Donald Trump? Is it so hard to believe that Vladamir Putin was better prepared than Donald Trump for the meeting in question? Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but how many people would have even paid attention to Tillerson's statements had Trump not responded in the manner he did?

Concur. I have said this before, I think he unnecessarily damages himself by responding to (nearly) everything.

#47 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

View PostJerryL, on 24 May 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Because the one you quoted and responded to was.

Well, I was out of line quoting his post it appears. I typically agree with him most of the time but this was one time I don't. I had yet to read thru the whole topic, and on another thing, hadn't had my morning coffee yet. Only afterwards did I realize my mistake. Hope you forgive....

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 24 May 2019 - 11:18 AM

#48 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

View PostJerryL, on 24 May 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

I wasn’t. And anyone who doesn’t knee jerk every potential criticism of Trump knows that I gladly voted for him to keep HRC out and that have been very pleased, and frankly surprised, with the job he is doing.

My post was in response to Dutch13's remark of setting a low bar by saying "At least Trump's not Hillary". I haven't had a problem with anything you've said... :thumbsup:

#49 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

At some point in the future this era will be reviewed and dissected by historians. In my humble opinion I believe the conclusion will be that President Trump fully understood the threat and announced it to the world. In the process he inspired a large portion of the American population which was on the brink of surrender. Every time I watch a Trump rally it's obvious in the enthusiasm of his crowds. His detractors and blood thirsty enemies are about to be fully exposed and he can consolidate on victory. What he can accomplish with a Congress in support is hard to imagine.

Even if all of his vision is realized the threat will not disappear. History shows that there are always people like Baraq, Nancy, Nadler, Comey, Putin, Tsi, Isis .....out there.

Trumps tweets are just part of the package and a key to why he has been successful.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users