RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Clark, Wesley - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clark, Wesley

#1 User is offline   Lisa 

• <<< . >>>
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Site Owner

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:49 PM

Wesley Kanne Clark
Possible Democratic Party candidate for President or Vice President in the 2008 presidential election

http://www.rightnation.us/people/images/w_clark.jpg

Bush 'Administration's Cowboy Unilateralism'
Clark has emerged as a ferocious critic of the Bush administration's national-security policy. To Clark, the administration has not made even a version of a case against Iraq. And the administration's cowboy unilateralism, he says, goes against everything the United States is supposed to represent to the world.

"After 9-11, who are we?" he asked me. "Are we going to be an angry, beleaguered giant swatting out at selected nations with our sword of vengeance? Are we going to be Daddy Warbucks handing out money? What are we?"

The issue to me has been that we have known for a long time that Osama bin Laden is a problem," he says. "The difficulty was always to mobilize the American people and bring enough comprehensive pressure to bear to do something against terrorism. Well, 9-11 did that. But the administration has squandered a lot of the international goodwill that came our way after the attacks and is now squandering our domestic energy by forcing us into Iraq."

For which, he argues, there is no honest military or diplomatic rationale. "The Iranians are further along with regard to nuclear weapons," he says. "The North Koreans are much further along. Iraq is third. We went after this in a reverse order. ... They chose Iraq as a problem before they explained what the problem was."

Source:
Prospect.org
added 06/06/03

War Flip-Flops

"I don't think it was a patriotic war. I think it was a mistake, a strategic mistake, and I think that the president of the United States wasn't patriotic in going after Saddam Hussein. He simply misled America and cost us casualties and killed and injured America's reputation around the world without valid reason for doing so. It's not patriotic; it's wrong."

"I think (Saddam's WMD) will be found. There’s so much intelligence on this."

"I think there are some mass destruction capabilities that are still inside Iraq. I think there's some weapons that have been shipped over the border to Syria. But I don't think we're going to find that their capabilities provided the imminent threat that many feared in this country. So I think it's going to be a tough search, but I think there's stuff there." -- Wesley Clark on 6/15/03

"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001... He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we." -- Wesley Clark to Congress on September 26, 2002

"I think I've been very consistent...I've been against this war from the beginning. I was against it last summer, I was against it in the fall, I was against it in the winter, I was against it in the spring. And I'm against it now." -- Fox News/Congressional Black Caucus Democrat Candidate Debate, 10/26/03

Conspiracy Theories

"We bombed Afghanistan, we missed Osama Bin Laden, partly because the President never intended to put the resources in to get Osama Bin Laden."

"Newsweek Magazine says (Bin Laden) is in the mountains of Western Pakistan. And I guess if Newsweek could find him there, we could, too, if we wanted to"

"I think we're at risk with our democracy. I think we're dealing with the most closed, imperialistic, nastiest administration in living memory. They even put Richard Nixon to shame. They are a threat to what this nation stands for, and we need to get him out of the White House. And we're going to do it."

"I think (the war in Iraq) was purely political. I think it started with a Republican Party pledge, an effort to embarrass the Clinton administration. It swelled and just grew out of control.”

Wesley Clark: "I think there was an immediate determination right after 9/11 that Saddam Hussein was one of the keys to winning the war on terror...."
Tim Russert: "By who? Who did that?"
Wesley Clark: "Well, it came from the White House, it came from people around the White House. It came from all over. I got a call on 9/11. I was on CNN, and I got a call at my home saying, 'You got to say this is connected. This is state-sponsored terrorism. This has to be connected to Saddam Hussein." -- Clark later backtracked on this story and claimed no one from the White House was involved

Source:
RightWingNews.com
added 01/15/04

Political Party:
Democratic

Of Interest:
politicalhumor.about.com

How to find contact information

Posting content to this topic
1. Read our guidelines for suggesting additions.
2. Check all the messages in this topic for duplication.
3. Understand that this topic is not for conversation, but only for posting of direct information. It's a one-way conversation.
4. Understand that your post may be removed from this topic if we use it. We also reserve the right to edit or remove your post at our discretion.

This post has been edited by katmandu: 17 May 2006 - 09:18 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users