RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Walter Carr’s Inspiring Walk To Work - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Walter Carr’s Inspiring Walk To Work Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:39 PM

Walter Carr’s Inspiring Walk To Work

HotAir
John Sexton
Posted at 3:01 pm on July 18, 2018

Excerpt:

This is the kind of story I love to see because it’s a reminder that for all the things we worry and complain about in America there are also a lot of things still going right. In this case, what’s going right is Walter Carr, a 20-year-old college student in Alabama who got a job working at a moving company called Bellhops Moving. The night before his first day of work, he discovered his car had died. USA Today picks up the story from here:

The night before Carr’s first day on the job, his 2003 Nissan Altima broke down.

He called his friends and his girlfriend to try to get a ride, but nothing worked out. He checked his GPS and saw that without a car it would take him about 7 hours to get from his house in Homewood, Alabama, to the town of Pelham for his first day at Bellhops moving company.

He decided to walk.

Carr started his 20-mile trek sometime around midnight.

“I wanted to be there before 8,” he said. “I wanted to beat the crew members there to let the company know how dedicated I am.”

He made it about 14 miles to Pelham when police officers stopped him on the side of the road around 4 a.m.

“He was like, ‘Where are you going?’ and I was like, ‘It’s hard to believe, it’s going to sound real crazy, but I’m actually headed to work.'” Carr said.

So the local police decided to buy Carr breakfast. After breakfast they dropped him off still several miles from his destination but promised someone else would check in on him. Another police car came by and drove him the remaining few miles to the house of Jenny Hayden Lamey, the woman Carr was supposed to help move on his first day of work. He was more than an hour early.

Carr didn’t say anything to the homeowner, but by this time word had gotten around and the police officer who dropped him off shared the story with Jenny Lamey. She decided to write about her interactions with Carr on Facebook:

*snip*

It also got the attention of the company’s CEO who praised Walter’s “grit and heart” and wrote “we set a high bar on service and he just raised it.”

This is an incredible story. The grit and heart Walter showed defines Bellhops' culture precisely. I'm really proud to be on the same team as Walter… we set a high bar on service and he just raised it. Look forward to thanking him in person this week. https://t.co/Fr4ytu5CM1

— Luke Marklin (@LukeMarklin) July 15, 2018

But it didn’t end there. Bellhops’ CEO decided the company needed to do something to make sure Walter could get around and he came up with a solution: He gave him his personal car.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:53 AM

Well done, Walter.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:25 AM

Walk 20 miles to work? Good grief.

People that live in places that have plenty of public transportation take these things for granted.

Good on the Walter and his boss.

#4 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:04 AM

And already leftists are trying to make this into a negative thing. Why is it that leftists have try to make everyone unhappy, and try to twist a great generous move into some nefarious thing. What kind of mindset does one have to have that drives them to turning everything sour? Maybe it's because it goes against the narratives that a white man exists that isn't a racist or that cops don't always just shoot unarmed black youths whenever they come into contact with each other.

https://www.chickson...il-capitalists/

This post has been edited by Italian Biker: 19 July 2018 - 09:12 AM

#5 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Charles Payne the Black FOX Business News correspondent talked about this today. He was moved by the fact that policemen from two small Alabama towns helped this young man get where he was going. He noted that so much good has and is going on in the South that is ignored.

What a great country !

#6 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

It's nice to read an uplifting story once in a while.
Mark

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users