RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Prayer request thread 4 - RightNation.US

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prayer request thread 4 Rate Topic: -----

#521 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

I wasn't going to bother folks with my issues given the state of things in Houston, but I am in need of a bit of spiritual help.

As some of you old timers know, I have been taking care of my mother for awhile now, since my stepfather's passing in '99. She has severe scoliosis and it was discovered about 10 years ago that as a child she had had polio in her spine, which is why her spine looks like a double S and she is shrinking, once 5'8 and she's now 5'1" and she's also hovering at around 85 lbs. because she can't keep weight on due to the shrinkage of her torso/abdominal cavity.

We have always known that the progression of her condition would one day rob her of her ability to walk, and while her doctor has been monitoring her pain levels and her overall general health on paper is excellent, she collapsed because her legs just wouldn't hold her up.

I found her on the floor, and since then I have been house bound taking care of her as she cannot get anywhere under her own steam. I am physically and emotionally exhausted and I am sincerely NOT prepared to lose my mother, and I need some help getting my emotions under control because three weeks of lack of sleep makes me pretty short tempered.

While I continue to urge her to at least call her doctor, she refuses, and as her daughter it is my place to help her, not bully her or humiliate her by ignoring her wishes and doing it for her. If I thought that she was in genuine physical distress or danger, I would get her to the hospital, but the problem here is that she's fine when she's sitting still, but there is clearly something wrong and I do believe it is a direct result of the continued degeneration of her spine putting pressure on the nerves that is causing numbness, muscle spasms and her circulation in her lower legs is slow to make her feet and ankles swell up which makes her shortness of breath worse.

If you could find room to add us to your prayers I would appreciate it. My mother needs healing and I need the grace of patience and understanding... and courage.

Thanks for letting me vent...

#522 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 03 September 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

I don't know how often people read this thread, but this morning I received a message from my daughter in law (who lives in Texas.) She has been joining in volunteer efforts to help those who have been harmed by Harvey. In our church we fast with our prayers once a month and she asked me to fast and pray with her. I'm going to cut and paste it here and request that anyone who wants to join in pray with me do so. (You don't have to fast--go without food. And you don't even have to pray if that's uncomfortable for you. Warm karma wishes are welcome too.) Thank you.

"This might seem odd to ask, but I ask that specifically if you could fast that the people might receive relief somehow from the mosquitos. I went down yesterday to help clean up in a small town called Bloomington just outside of Victoria. I cannot express to you how horrible the mosquitos were. It was like Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds' but with mosquitos. We sprayed ourselves multiple times with deet to no avail, even our faces. Today all the back of my arms are completely red and swollen. But as miserable as I am, I got to leave and come home to electricity and water, air conditioning and no mosquitos. The area we were in was a poor neighborhood and they couldn't leave. Love you all, thanks for your prayers and help!"

Good gosh, that aspect hadn't occurred to me watching it unfold.

My prayers are with them all.

#523 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

Ticked and Ladybird, :hug:

#524 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 03 September 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

I don't know how often people read this thread, but this morning I received a message from my daughter in law (who lives in Texas.) She has been joining in volunteer efforts to help those who have been harmed by Harvey. In our church we fast with our prayers once a month and she asked me to fast and pray with her. I'm going to cut and paste it here and request that anyone who wants to join in pray with me do so. (You don't have to fast--go without food. And you don't even have to pray if that's uncomfortable for you. Warm karma wishes are welcome too.) Thank you.

"This might seem odd to ask, but I ask that specifically if you could fast that the people might receive relief somehow from the mosquitos. I went down yesterday to help clean up in a small town called Bloomington just outside of Victoria. I cannot express to you how horrible the mosquitos were. It was like Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds' but with mosquitos. We sprayed ourselves multiple times with deet to no avail, even our faces. Today all the back of my arms are completely red and swollen. But as miserable as I am, I got to leave and come home to electricity and water, air conditioning and no mosquitos. The area we were in was a poor neighborhood and they couldn't leave. Love you all, thanks for your prayers and help!"

How horrific! I can only imagine what they are going through. I am one of those people that mosquitoes bite when no one else is getting bit for some reason and I feel so bad for these folks. I will most definitely pray for them and pray for the water to rescind soon since this is what attracts mosquitoes more than anything. My heart goes out to them.

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 03 September 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

I wasn't going to bother folks with my issues given the state of things in Houston, but I am in need of a bit of spiritual help.

As some of you old timers know, I have been taking care of my mother for awhile now, since my stepfather's passing in '99. She has severe scoliosis and it was discovered about 10 years ago that as a child she had had polio in her spine, which is why her spine looks like a double S and she is shrinking, once 5'8 and she's now 5'1" and she's also hovering at around 85 lbs. because she can't keep weight on due to the shrinkage of her torso/abdominal cavity.

We have always known that the progression of her condition would one day rob her of her ability to walk, and while her doctor has been monitoring her pain levels and her overall general health on paper is excellent, she collapsed because her legs just wouldn't hold her up.

I found her on the floor, and since then I have been house bound taking care of her as she cannot get anywhere under her own steam. I am physically and emotionally exhausted and I am sincerely NOT prepared to lose my mother, and I need some help getting my emotions under control because three weeks of lack of sleep makes me pretty short tempered.

While I continue to urge her to at least call her doctor, she refuses, and as her daughter it is my place to help her, not bully her or humiliate her by ignoring her wishes and doing it for her. If I thought that she was in genuine physical distress or danger, I would get her to the hospital, but the problem here is that she's fine when she's sitting still, but there is clearly something wrong and I do believe it is a direct result of the continued degeneration of her spine putting pressure on the nerves that is causing numbness, muscle spasms and her circulation in her lower legs is slow to make her feet and ankles swell up which makes her shortness of breath worse.

If you could find room to add us to your prayers I would appreciate it. My mother needs healing and I need the grace of patience and understanding... and courage.

Thanks for letting me vent...

Ticked I'm so sorry you and your mom are going through this. You bet I will pray for you both. I was one of the main caregivers for my mom in her last year and a half of life & I know what it's like to try and give her the respect that she deserves in the few areas where she still has control over her life while still trying to help her. I had a relative that was also helping quite a bit who did not do that so that made it even more important that I did so.

My heart goes out to you and your mom during this difficult time.

#525 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

I :wub: the other half of my brain. Thank you ilja.
Hang in there Ticked.

#526 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

You got it, Wags & Ticked.

:pray:

Oh, and:

:hug: :hug:

#527 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

My neighbor hasn't heard from her mother nor the rest of her family who live in Puerto Rico. Please pray that they are all okay.

#528 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:27 AM

View Postilja, on 23 September 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

My neighbor hasn't heard from her mother nor the rest of her family who live in Puerto Rico. Please pray that they are all okay.

I will.

I have a niece in the Dominican Republic. She had to do some serious mopping, and lost power for a day or two, but at least we've heard from her and know she's safe.

B)

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 24 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

#529 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

Ilja - Has your neighbor heard from her family on Puerto Rico yet?

:(

#530 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 26 September 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Ilja - Has your neighbor heard from her family on Puerto Rico yet?

:(

Yes! Praise Jesus. I came back here to give an update. I heard today that she heard from them finally. Thank you for your prayers.

So glad to hear your niece is doing well.

#531 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

:woohoo:

#532 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:21 AM

Some of you may know that Ticked At Tinsel Town's mom has been hospitalized, transferred to rehab, hospitalized again over the last 11 or 12 weeks now. From what I'm told it's like one step forward and two steps back, and she is now critical. Ticked is emotionally and physically exhausted, not getting much rest trying to be there for her mom, and I'm afraid she may wind up in the hospital as well!

I'm asking for them both to be lifted in prayer. God is the only one who knows His plan for each of them. And He also knows exactly what is needed. Our job is to lift them in prayer, be encouraging, and anything else they physically need right now.

I will try to be better about posting updates if/when I get them.

#533 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

Thanks, Annie. I'll keep Ticked and her mother in my prayers.

#534 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:27 AM

Thanks Annie. This is actually a coincidence - It was only a couple hours ago I was specifically thinking and worrying about Ticked and her mom, and wondering how to inquire without seeming pushy or nosy.

I will certainly pray for them both.

Right now, as a matter of fact.

Thanks again.

:hug:

#535 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

Thank you all - I know Ticked really appreciates all the prayers.
She is now facing some heart-wrenching decisions, and needs our prayers more than ever.
She was told today her mom will not be leaving the hospital, and can only survive with a
trachea. And due to other problems she can't be fed by a tube, they would have to keep her
on an IV. Definitely not a good situation.

#536 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

Prayers lifted.

#537 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Prayers have been sent for both of them and the medical professionals.

#538 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

View Postilja, on 18 November 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Prayers have been sent for both of them and the medical professionals.

Ijla, so glad your neighbor's family is safe in Puerto Rico. I was hearing today that some are still trying
to connect with family that lived in a remote area - no one has been able to get there yet to check on them.

Ticked's mom passed away shortly before noon CA time today. She is now making that hard drive home to the house
she and her mom lived in. Ticked's parents bought that house when she was five years old.

Please pray for comfort in Ticked's heart, and for her to find the energy she will need to handle things in the coming days.

#539 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

So very sorry to learn about this. More prayers on the way.

We can't know God's plans or purposes. But we can pray for the comfort of the bereaved.

Ticked, you know my limited worldly means. But if there's anything I can do for you...anything at all...please don't hesitate to ask.

#540 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:40 PM

View PostAnnieGotHerGun, on 19 November 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

Ijla, so glad your neighbor's family is safe in Puerto Rico. I was hearing today that some are still trying
to connect with family that lived in a remote area - no one has been able to get there yet to check on them.

Ticked's mom passed away shortly before noon CA time today. She is now making that hard drive home to the house
she and her mom lived in. Ticked's parents bought that house when she was five years old.

Please pray for comfort in Ticked's heart, and for her to find the energy she will need to handle things in the coming days.

You got it. It's tough losing your mom especially when you are as close to her as Ticked obviously is.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users