RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Prayer request thread 4 - RightNation.US

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prayer request thread 4 Rate Topic: -----

#541 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for your comments on my neighbor's family in Puerto Rico.

I spoke to another friend today whose family lives in Puerto Rico who told me how scary it got there for a while, full of lawlessness like in the movies. They came here for a while but went back and are still without lights and water. He said the crime finally tampered down but now they are bored stiff.

I can imagine what it's like without electricity and water plus the sanitation has to be dangerous. We take so much for granted here in the states and are blessed to be able to get to each other so easily when we need help. We have a lot to be thankful for.

#542 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:26 AM

View Postilja, on 22 November 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

Thanks for your comments on my neighbor's family in Puerto Rico.

I spoke to another friend today whose family lives in Puerto Rico who told me how scary it got there for a while, full of lawlessness like in the movies. They came here for a while but went back and are still without lights and water. He said the crime finally tampered down but now they are bored stiff.

I can imagine what it's like without electricity and water plus the sanitation has to be dangerous. We take so much for granted here in the states and are blessed to be able to get to each other so easily when we need help. We have a lot to be thankful for.

Amen!

:yes:

#543 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:56 AM

I have another prayer request. It's the latest chapter in the grandson saga:

I'm sure most of you will remember my posts about my grandson's trials and tribulations. And I thank all of you for all your prayers. I know your prayers helped during the roughest and darkest times. He's led a very shaky and uncertain existence throughout his 5 years on this planet, and he needs all the help he can get. What better than prayer? What better help than God's help?

Well anyway, here's the latest: Yesterday his father was released from prison. Naturally, his son (our grandson) was very eager to see his daddy again. The courts won't let him live with his father (at least not yet), but they are allowed to visit. I'm going to try as hard as I can to give his father a fair chance to prove he has changed; to prove he'll be a good father and a good influence on his son's life; to prove he won't just drift right back into the crime and hard drugs that put him in prison in the first place; and so forth.

I can't deny I have serious doubts and misgivings. He's got a LOT of proving to do before I'll ever really trust him. He's been shiftless and worthless as long as I've known him. And of course, all his problems are "somebody else's fault". :rolleyes: To the best of my knowledge he has never once taken responsibility for the fact that all his problems are of his own making, nobody else.

So here's my request: First, please pray for the grandson, as always. That poor little boy doesn't deserve all the uncertainty and sadness he's already experienced in his short life, let alone even more.

Second, please pray for his father to find the strength, wisdom, and courage to FINALLY turn his life around and make something of himself, so that he can be a good father to that poor little boy.

And last, please pray for ME to be patient and forgiving, so I can fight my strong temptation to just condemn and dismiss the father without at least giving him a fair chance to prove himself.

Thank you for reading such a long post. All prayers will be greatly appreciated.

:)

#544 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:30 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 13 June 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

I'm sure most of you will remember my posts about my grandson's trials and tribulations. And I thank all of you for all your prayers. I know your prayers helped during the roughest and darkest times. He's led a very shaky and uncertain existence throughout his 5 years on this planet, and he needs all the help he can get. What better than prayer? What better help than God's help?

Well anyway, here's the latest: Yesterday his father was released from prison. Naturally, his son (our grandson) was very eager to see his daddy again. The courts won't let him live with his father (at least not yet), but they are allowed to visit. I'm going to try as hard as I can to give his father a fair chance to prove he has changed; to prove he'll be a good father and a good influence on his son's life; to prove he won't just drift right back into the crime and hard drugs that put him in prison in the first place; and so forth.

I can't deny I have serious doubts and misgivings. He's got a LOT of proving to do before I'll ever really trust him. He's been shiftless and worthless as long as I've known him. And of course, all his problems are "somebody else's fault". :rolleyes: To the best of my knowledge he has never once taken responsibility for the fact that all his problems are of his own making, nobody else.

So here's my request: First, please pray for the grandson, as always. That poor little boy doesn't deserve all the uncertainty and sadness he's already experienced in his short life, let alone even more.

Second, please pray for his father to find the strength, wisdom, and courage to FINALLY turn his life around and make something of himself, so that he can be a good father to that poor little boy.

And last, please pray for ME to be patient and forgiving, so I can fight my strong temptation to just condemn and dismiss the father without at least giving him a fair chance to prove himself.

Thank you for reading such a long post. All prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Done... :pray: x3

#545 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 13 June 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

Done... :pray: x3

:hug:

#546 User is offline   Jax 

• Big Cat
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

You've got 'em. :pray:

#547 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

View PostSmoosieQ, on 13 June 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

You've got 'em. :pray:

#548 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

That poor child certainly has gotten off to a rough start through absolutely no fault of his own. Certainly I'll pray for him and his father.

#549 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

View PostLiz, on 13 June 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

That poor child certainly has gotten off to a rough start through absolutely no fault of his own. Certainly I'll pray for him and his father.

#550 User is offline   sunangel1776 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Silver

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:54 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 13 June 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

I have been praying for your family, too. I hope things are working for the best.

#551 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

View Postsunangel1776, on 27 January 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

I have been praying for your family, too. I hope things are working for the best.

#552 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

You got it. I've also prayed for a hedge of protection around your grandson, for God to give his father the motivation to change and for you to know exactly what God wants from you.

#553 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:01 AM

View Postilja, on 27 January 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

You got it. I've also prayed for a hedge of protection around your grandson, for God to give his father the motivation to change and for you to know exactly what God wants from you.

Thanks ilja!

#554 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:48 AM

I'd like to ask that prayers be said for one of our own whose sister was diagnosed with cancer just a few weeks ago and while they have been performing all the necessary tests, the cancer has proven aggressive and is spreading quickly and now causing pain and impairing her ability to speak already.

She told me tonight that they are hoping that the doctor will begin treatment now that all the diagnostic tests have been completed, and as quickly as this is moving, we need to pray that they act quickly and find the right combinations of treatment to obliterate this disease.

#555 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

Done!

:pray:

#556 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

Just because I don't want you to think this request has been forgotten: Just sent up another prayer.

#557 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 20 March 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

Just because I don't want you to think this request has been forgotten: Just sent up another prayer.

We need all we can get. AnnieGotHerGun told me that her sister's cancer not only grew so much as to impact on her voice box but it has also spread to her stomach and colon.

Her first chemo treatment has left her miserable; she cannot eat or speak because of the pain of the tumors in her throat.

However, the pros taking care of her feel that this aggressive treatment will work and it is designed to literally melt the tumors in the lymphatic system.

#558 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:11 PM

You got it. Please let her know we are praying for her sister and for her and the whole family. Thank you Ticked for doing this.

#559 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:29 PM

OK now I know who we're praying for, it's twice as much!

#560 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:17 PM

Hi again Ticked (& Annie) - I realize there's another "medical" thread getting most of the attention, but I just want to let you know I haven't forgotten Annie's sister. Just sent up another prayer for her well-being, for the comforting of her family & loved ones, and for God to guide the doctors & nurses who are caring for her.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users