RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Metallica's James Hetfield Enters Rehab - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Metallica's James Hetfield Enters Rehab Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted Today, 01:50 AM

This definitely sucks. Not because he fronts a band I like, but because it isn't his first go round. The last time was almost 20 years ago, and I know, as a person who threw away 7 years of sobriety back in the 90s, that each relapse makes it tougher to come back.

I got sober, hopefully forever, at age 52. I can tell you from experience that at that age, there is nothing more demoralizing than realizing you have to go back to rehab and turn your sobriety clock all the way back to Day 1. Again. I didn't give up, and it sounds like Hetfield isn't either. That said, I totally get why so many people do.

Doesn't matter if you are rich. It just sucks.

#2 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted Today, 07:18 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 13 October 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

This definitely sucks. Not because he fronts a band I like, but because it isn't his first go round. The last time was almost 20 years ago, and I know, as a person who threw away 7 years of sobriety back in the 90s, that each relapse makes it tougher to come back.

I got sober, hopefully forever, at age 52. I can tell you from experience that at that age, there is nothing more demoralizing than realizing you have to go back to rehab and turn your sobriety clock all the way back to Day 1. Again. I didn't give up, and it sounds like Hetfield isn't either. That said, I totally get why so many people do.

Congratulations on your sobriety...Today is my sobriety date....30 years...Best thing I ever did

#3 User is online   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted Today, 08:36 AM

View Postfirecoco, on 13 October 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

Congratulations on your sobriety...Today is my sobriety date....30 years...Best thing I ever did

Right on bro! Happy Birthday! Guys who can count their sobriety in decades are the ones I gravitate to at meetings still.

Longest term sobriety guy I ever met got sober in 1968. When I was 6.

Met another guy who got sober a year after that. He told me he knew he had a problem when he called in sick for work twice in the same day.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted Today, 11:36 AM

Congratulations to both of you!

And here's hoping James Hetfield kicks it for good this time.

B)

#5 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted Today, 11:46 AM

Good post. Nothing like the voice of experience to give a better understanding to what alcohol addiction is really like. And congrats. on staying sober!

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted Today, 03:19 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 13 October 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

Congratulations to you both. And I hope Hetfield makes it.

Never 'rehab' myself, though probably should have. Went from almost-daily "blackout" territory - I could drink half a bottle of Jim Beam or Gordon's Gin and the next morning not remember much about the prior evening past 5 PM or so. I've cut considerably back, to the occasional one or two - Not from my OWN strength (Which (lack of) got me there in the first place) But the strength of the both The Almighty and a good woman beside me who enforces it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users