RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Half Of White Women Continue To Vote Republican. What's Wrong With - RightNation.US

Half Of White Women Continue To Vote Republican. What's Wrong With Them? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

Half Of White Women Continue To Vote Republican. What's Wrong With Them?

Some 53% of white women voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election – the real story of white women voters is both more grim and more complex than the figure reveals

The Guardian
Moira Donegan
Last modified on Fri 9 Nov 2018 06.02 EST

Excerpt:

For the past two years, the American left has been haunted by a number: 53. It is the percentage of white women who voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election. In the sectors of the left where the figure and its implications have become a perennial theme, the number is treated both as disappointing and darkly unsurprising, a reflection of the conventional wisdom that white women would rather choose the racism espoused by the Republican party than join in the moral coalition represented by men of color and other women. On the left, this number can elicit exasperation, rage, and even suspicions about the moral legitimacy of the feminist project. It casts doubts on the political convictions of liberal white women, colors leftist perception of female-coded liberal political projects like the Women’s March, and has prompted long-overdue calls for increased political leadership by women of color.

The real story of white women voters is both more grim and more complex than the 53% figure reveals. The truth is that the 53% of white women who voted for Trump in the last presidential election was actually an improvement on even worse numbers from previous cycles. White women supported Mitt Romney at 56% in 2012, and supported George W Bush by 55% in 2004. Even these robust showings by Republican white women were down from their previous highs: Ronald Reagan won a staggering 62% of white women in 1984. All of these totals were lower than those for white men, who continue to support Republicans at alarming rates, but they were solid majorities nonetheless.

Preliminary results from this week’s midterm elections seem to suggest that the trend is continuing, with Republican candidates slowly losing the support of suburban white women across the country. According to the Wall Street Journal, white women’s overall support for Republicans slipped from the infamous 53% in 2016 down to 50% in 2018. CNN’s polling places white women’s support for Republicans just lower, at 49%. As the Republican party has shifted its rhetoric away from drab Romneyite fiscal conservatism and towards the sadistic racism that is Donald Trump’s stock and trade, there is some evidence that growing numbers of white women are turning away, repulsed.

This shift makes white women at once one of the largest voting blocs in the nation and also one of its most divided, least ideologically coherent demographics. No other race and gender group is so split. There is a battle on for the soul of America, between the peevish, racist cruelty of Trump and his supporters and a vision of inclusion, justice, and decency forwarded by an increasingly diverse coalition on the left. Much of that battle is being waged in white women’s hearts, with the left hoping that more and more of them will break with their historical loyalty to white supremacy and embrace a kinder, more sustainable model for the future.

But white women are not leaving the Republican party as fast as one might hope. If some white women are defecting from their traditional Republican loyalties, others – half – are staying. The trend of white women’s shift to the Democratic party, while real, also seems to be happening much more slowly than the most hopeful analyses predicted. Last month the New York Times ran a story on what it claimed was widespread support for the Democratic Texas Senate hopeful Beto O’Rourke among white evangelical women. The story contained accounts by white women who were disgusted by the Trump administration’s internment of refugee children at the border, and who had resolved to vote for Democrats. It suggested that the support of these white women could be decisive for Democrats hoping to make gains in a changing southern state. Instead, white women in Texas supported O’Rourke’s Republican opponent, the reptilian Ted Cruz, by 59%.

What is wrong with white women? Why do half of them so consistently vote for Republicans, even as the Republican party morphs into a monstrously ugly organization that is increasingly indistinguishable from a hate group? The most likely answer seems to be that white women vote for Republicans for the same reason that white men do: because they are racist.

*snip*

Full Commentary

Gotta love the subtle reasoning and appeal to logic employed by this essay. I'm sure that once enough stupid white women read this, they'll be convinced to change their evil ways. :P

#2 User is offline   blah_59 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:46 PM

Why is it "alarming", "grim" or "infamous" when 53% of white women vote for a Republican but perfectly natural when ±95% of black Americans vote for a Democrat?

#3 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

I read the first two paragraphs and stopped. Sorry, I've read this several times before, from "What's the Matter with Kansas" to every other article where the Left talk themselves into thinking feeling that something must be wrong with the electorate rather than with what the Left is trying to sell.

I'm relieved to see they never learn and keep blaming the voters for being just too damn deplorable to get it, though.

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:01 PM

Moira Donegan can eat my used panty liners.

#5 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:07 PM

Everyone's perception of Trump is nothing more than the media's portrayal of him. Every bit of this nonsense is media driven, Trump's White House is in chaos, Trump's a Racist, a Misogynistic, Hitler, a Nazi, you name it, if it's bad, it's him. Except it isn't. Where did this new voting block of foreigners materialize from who've decided we're not inclusive enough? Voting illegally in our elections to further their cause.

This multitude of gender confused Airheads, or people who come calling at night to attack Tucker Carlson's home, or drive Sara Sanders and her family from a restaurant, or flagrantly violate voter laws with no risk of prosecution! And whose Leaders would attack a highly qualified judge nominated to the Supreme Court with the most vile, disgusting, hateful display of corruption EVER, in an effort to take him down?!

Normal people, White Women included, regardless of skin color or gender, have no interest in being dragged into a cesspool of Leftist Utopia. In a nutshell, you really need to just take it somewhere else...

#6 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 09 November 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

Your bringing attention to the author's name made we look her up, just for curiosity's sake.

Obviously I can't prove it at the moment, but I have a sneaking suspicion from her photo that the root of this miserable looking little boy's problems with white women might be frustration over not enough success getting into their pants:

https://cf-images.us-east-1.prod.boltdns.net/v1/static/5618154291001/90de2d33-68ca-48a1-a2c3-2e3409f40bed/8c02b019-d760-4c39-9b69-9d0841f2a7d4/1280x720/match/image.jpg

#7 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 09 November 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Your bringing attention to the author's name made we look her up, just for curiosity's sake.

Obviously I can't prove it at the moment, but I have a sneaking suspicion from her photo that the root of this miserable looking little boy's problems with white women might be frustration over not enough success getting into their pants:

https://cf-images.us-east-1.prod.boltdns.net/v1/static/5618154291001/90de2d33-68ca-48a1-a2c3-2e3409f40bed/8c02b019-d760-4c39-9b69-9d0841f2a7d4/1280x720/match/image.jpg

Is that the “I’m sitting on a fire hydrant” face?

#8 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 09 November 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Could be, now that you mention it. I thought it was "the angry little boy with the runny nose, playing in the street as the cold wind blows in the ghetto" face.

#9 User is online   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:08 PM

Get this, from Moira Donegan:

I Started the Media Men List
My name is Moira Donegan.

By Moira DoneganPhoto-illustration by Stevie Remsberg/Photos Getty. In October, I created a Google spreadsheet called "<censored>ty Media Men" that collected a range of rumors and allegations of sexual misconduct, much of it violent, by men in magazines and publishing. The anonymous, crowdsourced document was a first attempt at solving what has seemed like an intractable problem: how women can protect ourselves from sexual harassment and assault.

One long-standing partial remedy that women have developed is the whisper network, informal alliances that pass on open secrets and warn women away from serial assaulters. Many of these networks have been invaluable in protecting their members. Still, whisper networks are social alliances, and as such, they're unreliable. They can be elitist, or just insular. As Jenna Wortham pointed out in The New York Times Magazine, they are also prone to exclude women of color. Fundamentally, a whisper network consists of private conversations, and the document that I created was meant to be private as well. It was active for only a few hours, during which it spread much further and much faster than I ever anticipated, and in the end, the once-private document was made public — first when its existence was revealed in a BuzzFeed article by Doree Shafrir, then when the document itself was posted on Reddit.

A slew of think pieces ensued, with commentators alternately condemning the document as reckless, malicious, or puritanically anti-sex. Many called the document irresponsible, emphasizing that since it was anonymous, false accusations could be added without consequence.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well, damn right false accusations could be added without consequence. That was the whole point, wasn't it? Just as there is no penalty for a bogus accusation of racism, there is no penalty for an anonymous, false accusation of sexual harassment and assault. It is harder to say which is worse, that people like Moira Donegal are pleased to slander others with impunity or that so many bogus accusations cast doubt on real instances of racial prejudice and sexual harassment.

This post has been edited by Martin: 09 November 2018 - 08:16 PM

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:17 PM

"racism espoused by the Republican party"

"the sadistic racism that is Donald Trump’s stock and trade" (BTW sweetie, the term is "stock IN trade")

"the peevish, racist cruelty of Trump and his supporters"

"white supremacy"

"the Trump administration’s internment of refugee children at the border" (BTW sweetie, that was Obama's policy, Trump merely continued it)

"the reptilian Ted Cruz"

"the Republican party morphs into a monstrously ugly organization that is increasingly indistinguishable from a hate group"

Wow, how can Moira breathe with her head shoved that far up her posterior?

:blink: :pinch: :wacko:

#11 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:43 AM

There is a battle on for the soul of America,

Yeah... the right, and what few real liberals are left, want to save it from the likes of you.

What is wrong with white women? Why do half of them so consistently vote for Republicans, even as the Republican party morphs into a monstrously ugly organization that is increasingly indistinguishable from a hate group?

I guess hate can't see itself... and it appears that this chick's shriveled soul is too far gone.

#12 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:21 AM

What's wrong is the writer who is asking this question is the one who has the problem.

She's a mentally ill progtard.

#13 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:15 AM

They always look like that. Didja notice?

#14 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:29 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 10 November 2018 - 04:15 AM, said:

She looks like she's lost her precious, the One Ring.

#15 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:14 AM

All these blacks, latinos, non-whites (except Far East Asians) are always hollering about racism and how unfair it is and how they’re being looked at as inferior blah blah blah.

Well guess what. If you as a person of color are willing to publicly admit that you think you’re being thought inferior, thanks for giving up! If you think the same as a female, well thanks for giving up there too! As a white male, I’ll take the victory and snicker all the way to the bank.

Friggin idiots. Everybody just do your jobs and people will respect you! Even me the white male will applaud your contributions. And concede when you do better than I do. Stop whining. Just do it. What’s stopping you?

#16 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:38 AM

Oh now c'mon guys, that's it's "some asinine conservative Republican drank every last one of my organic, hand squeezed by starving Ethiopian children in a fly infested mud hut coconut water from the office frig" look.

OR it's the "I really hate my new training bra" look. What is that? Male or female? I can't tell.

or it's "this is your face on liberalism"

The missing caption originally read: "One good orgasm would kill me"

This post has been edited by HardRightBambi: 10 November 2018 - 06:43 AM

#17 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:57 AM

View PostLiz, on 09 November 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

Half Of White Women Continue To Vote Republican. What's Wrong With Them?

Some 53% of white women voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election – the real story of white women voters is both more grim and more complex than the figure reveals

The Guardian
Moira Donegan
Last modified on Fri 9 Nov 2018 06.02 EST

Excerpt:

Trump, with his raucous rallies and his bloviating, combative style, has offered his supporters an opportunity to savor the pleasures of being cruel. It is likely that the white women who voted for him in 2016, and who will vote for him again in 2020, find this racist sadism gratifying. It is fun for them.

Interesting observation. Is there evidence of Trump-inspired/enabled cruelty? Let's take a look at this thread, shall we...

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 09 November 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

Obviously I can't prove it at the moment, but I have a sneaking suspicion from her photo that the root of this miserable looking little boy's problems with white women might be frustration over not enough success getting into their pants

View PostBen Cranklin, on 09 November 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Could be, now that you mention it. I thought it was "the angry little boy with the runny nose, playing in the street as the cold wind blows in the ghetto" face.

View PostMontyPython, on 09 November 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

(BTW sweetie, the term is "stock IN trade")
(BTW sweetie, that was Obama's policy, Trump merely continued it)

View PostRock N, on 10 November 2018 - 02:21 AM, said:

She's a mentally ill progtard.

View PostHowsithangin, on 10 November 2018 - 04:15 AM, said:

View Postgrimreefer, on 10 November 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

She looks like she's lost her precious, the One Ring.

View Postzurg, on 10 November 2018 - 05:14 AM, said:

Friggin idiots. Everybody just do your jobs and people will respect you! Even me the white male will applaud your contributions. And concede when you do better than I do. Stop whining.

That's affirmative on savoring the pleasures of cruelty.

Now let's examine the writer's larger point:

But there is something else at play, something more complicated, in white women’s relationship to white patriarchy. White women’s identity places them in a curious position at the intersection of two vectors of privilege and oppression: they are granted structural power by their race, but excluded from it by their sex. In a political system where racism and sexism are both so deeply ingrained, white women must choose to be loyal to either the more powerful aspect of their identity, their race, or to the less powerful, their sex. Some Republican white women might lean into racism not only for racism’s sake, but also as a means of avoiding or denying the realities of how sexist oppression makes them vulnerable.

Another interesting observation.

Considering the ways that GOP policies and budget priorities adversely impact many womens' ability to participate fully in American life or undermine the progress women have made toward equal rights under the law - and the fact that the GOP simply cannot win elections without white women - the question seems worthy of examination IMHO.

#18 User is online   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:42 AM

View PostThat_Guy, on 10 November 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

Considering the ways that GOP policies and budget priorities adversely impact many womens' ability to participate fully in American life or undermine the progress women have made toward equal rights under the law - and the fact that the GOP simply cannot win elections without white women - the question seems worthy of examination IMHO.

Since you propose it, That Guy, let's examine the question of whether women have the ability to participate fully in American life. The main thing government does is transfer income from men to women. If you don't think so, look at our three largest federal programs, Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare. These constitute half of federal spending. In all three cases, men pay most of the taxes and women get most of the benefits. Now that women outnumber men in college enrollment, Pell Grants and student loans, as well as state support for government colleges, primarily benefit women rather than men. Incidentally, while we no longer have a military draft, men but not women are required to register for it. It is illegal to discriminate in employment on the basis of sex and women have been the main beneficiaries of sex quotas in hiring. Those quotas have forced some employers such as fire departments to lower their standards to hire more women or else face an endless succession of lawsuits and EEOC trials--an almost literal case of fiddling while Rome burns.

Women can and do participate fully in American life. What bothers liberal women like Hillary Clinton is that some women choose conservative politics. To explain that, liberal women try to explain their motives by nonsensical theories. For example, Hillary Clinton theorized that women voted for Trump because their husbands, sons, brothers and employers "pressured" them to. Gloria Steinem, one of the most famous feminists around, claimed that some women vote conservative to attract boyfriends. Any evidence for that? No, feminists don't need no stinkin' evidence and you're a sexist for expecting it of them. Notice that Moira Donegan attributes white women's votes for Trump and other conservatives to racism. And, how does she know racism was their motive for voting conservative? Because they voted for conservatives. And the circular reasoning goes round and round. Naturally, if Moira Donegal ever heard criticism like mine, she would attribute it to both racism and sexism on my part, not intellectual weakness on hers.

#19 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostMartin, on 10 November 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Since you propose it, That Guy, let's examine the question of whether women have the ability to participate fully in American life. The main thing government does is transfer income from men to women. If you don't think so, look at our three largest federal programs, Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare. These constitute half of federal spending. In all three cases, men pay most of the taxes and women get most of the benefits.

You’ll need to include some evidence to support these statements before we can discuss the rest of your post - if you would be so kind...

This post has been edited by That_Guy: 10 November 2018 - 08:13 AM

#20 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:38 AM

View PostThat_Guy, on 10 November 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

You’ll need to include some evidence to support these statements before we can discuss the rest of your post - if you would be so kind...

....but you provided not one shred of evidence for your claims at the end of your post! HAHAHAHA. You can make this sh-t up!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users