RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Mick Jagger To Undergo Heart Surgery - RightNation.US

Mick Jagger To Undergo Heart Surgery Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:00 PM

Mick Jagger To Undergo Heart Surgery

The Indian Express
Wednesday, April 3, 2019

[Too short to excerpt]

Drudge Report first reported the news saying that the procedure will take place on Friday in New York. The publication added that Mick Jagger is expected to make a full recovery and return to touring this summer.

Veteran rocker Mick Jagger is set to undergo heart surgery. According to the Rolling Stone magazine, the 75-year-old musician will have the surgery to replace a valve in his heart.

As a result of the treatment and recovery period, the Rolling Stones postponed the North American leg of their ‘No Filter’ tour, which was supposed to run from April 20 to July 29. The legendary English rock band were due to play 17 shows in the US and Canada.

“Mick Jagger has been advised by doctors that he cannot go on tour at this time as he needs medical treatment. The doctors have advised Mick that he is expected to make a complete recovery so that he can get back on stage as soon as possible,” the band’s representative had said in a statement issued on Saturday.

Jagger had also took to Twitter to apologise to his fans.

I’m so sorry to all our fans in America & Canada with tickets. I really hate letting you down like this.
I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can. Once again, huge apologies to everyone.

— Mick Jagger (@MickJagger) March 30, 2019

“I really hate letting you down like this. I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can,” he had tweeted.

Drudge Report first reported the news saying that the procedure will take place

Link

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

Hang in there Mick!

:2up:

#3 User is online   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

I wonder why he isn't staying in the UK for surgery. Or going to Cuba. Or Venezuela .

Odd.

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:21 PM

There's really only one song fit for the occasion. I wonder if the stones ever covered it? I can't find it anywhere, but that's not to say they never did it in concert...

With an honorable mention to...

#5 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

View PostTikk, on 02 April 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

I wonder why he isn't staying in the UK for surgery. Or going to Cuba. Or Venezuela .

Odd.

Why, yes, it is strange. When I had my aortic heart valve replaced in 2011 it took me three entire days to get a diagnosis. Past that, I had to wait almost an entire week before I could have surgery the following Monday. The quack who operated me had studied under the famous dunces, Dr. Denton Cooley, and Dr. Michael DeBakey. Following my 10 hours in surgery, it took me another whole day before I was up and walking under my own power. They stiffed me on pain killers because....well, because I wound up with no pain afterwards. I spend another four days in the hospital! They did leave me with a 2.5" long scar for my trouble, however.

sarc/off

Kidding aside, I'm hoping Mick has it as easy as I did. The US has the best medical professionals and facilities in the world, and I'll fight anyone that insists differently.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:54 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 02 April 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

There's really only one song fit for the occasion. I wonder if the stones ever covered it? I can't find it anywhere, but that's not to say they never did it in concert...

With an honorable mention to...

Nope, the Stones never did Piece of My Heart. And thank goodness, since nobody...NOBODY...could ever do it as well as Her Majesty, Queen Janis.

(Can you tell I'm a huge J. Joplin fan?)

;)

#7 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:22 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 02 April 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Why, yes, it is strange. When I had my aortic heart valve replaced in 2011 it took me three entire days to get a diagnosis. Past that, I had to wait almost an entire week before I could have surgery the following Monday. The quack who operated me had studied under the famous dunces, Dr. Denton Cooley, and Dr. Michael DeBakey. Following my 10 hours in surgery, it took me another whole day before I was up and walking under my own power. They stiffed me on pain killers because....well, because I wound up with no pain afterwards. I spend another four days in the hospital! They did leave me with a 2.5" long scar for my trouble, however.

sarc/off

Kidding aside, I'm hoping Mick has it as easy as I did. The US has the best medical professionals and facilities in the world, and I'll fight anyone that insists differently.

Ahem.

I conceded that the USA has the MOST EXPENSIVE available anywhere. SOMETIMES that buys you the "best"... and sometimes that just buys you the 'fully burdened cost' of mediocrity. (Speaking with my cost-accountancy hat on.)

SOME US hospital are good. GREAT even. Mayo. Emory, etc. If you want to go bankrupt paying for it.

Best Available for a nominal middle/upper-level manager/executive type, WITHOUT having to be worried about insolvency in the case of a "major" thing? Germany and Switzerland, no doubt about it whatsoever.

#8 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 April 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Nope, the Stones never did Piece of My Heart. And thank goodness, since nobody...NOBODY...could ever do it as well as Her Majesty, Queen Janis.

;)

Well, it seems like the sort of song they MIGHT have covered. And I think Jagger could get reasonably close on the vocals.

On the other hand, who wants to re-paint DaVinci's Mona Lisa?

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 02 April 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Well, it seems like the sort of song they MIGHT have covered. And I think Jagger could get reasonably close on the vocals.

On the other hand, who wants to re-paint DaVinci's Mona Lisa?

Exactly. Why try to "improve" perfect?

:coolshades:

#10 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:22 PM

;)

I saw Janis at the last concert she did before dying...At Harvard Stadium in 1970

#11 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:25 PM

I understand the love people had for Janis. But for my part, she made my ears bleed.

#12 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:38 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 02 April 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

I understand the love people had for Janis. But for my part, she made my ears bleed.

I can't stand her 5-pack-a-day smoker rasp. Not sorry, she was a horrible singer. The Rolling Stones' cover is almost as awful.

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:43 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 02 April 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

I saw Janis at the last concert she did before dying...At Harvard Stadium in 1970

My hero!

View Posttailgunner, on 02 April 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

View Postgravelrash, on 02 April 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

I can't stand her 5-pack-a-day smoker rasp. Not sorry, she was a horrible singer. The Rolling Stones' cover is almost as awful.

You can't sing proper blues without that rasp.

;)

#14 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:50 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 April 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

My hero!

;)

Summertime, is without a doubt, one of the greatest songs ever recorded. There is no way it would have been as good with her rasp. Add those two lead guitars. Pure magic.

#15 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:02 PM

;)

Amen. Huge Janis fan here too!

#16 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:04 PM

View Posterp, on 02 April 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

Summertime, is without a doubt, one of the greatest songs ever recorded. There is no way it would have been as good with her rasp. Add those two lead guitars. Pure magic.

(I'm guessing that was just a typo, and you meant "There is no way it would have been as good without her rasp", instead of "with". Am I right?)

;)

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 02 April 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Amen. Huge Janis fan here too!

:2up:

Turtle Blues
Ball & Chain
Piece Of My Heart
Summertime
Mercedes Benz
Me & Bobby Magee
Bye Bye Baby
Try (Just A Little Bit Harder)
Cry Baby
Down On Me
Get It While You Can
Move Over
Maybe

Oh man, GREAT music. I'm aware everybody's entitled to their opinion. And I understand that not everybody loves the blues and/or the necessary "blues voice" that makes the blues even greater.

But Janis will always be my own favorite female singer, bar none. I love Mama Cass, Della Reese, Aretha Franklin, Grace Slick, Dusty Springfield, Dionne Warwick, Petula Clark, Lulu, Diana Ross and plenty more. But Janis was the best.

:yes:

#18 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:37 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 April 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

(I'm guessing that was just a typo, and you meant "There is no way it would have been as good without her rasp", instead of "with". Am I right?)

;)

Don't know if anyone caught this kid a couple of years ago on America's got Talent, but she's a throwback to another time. Really good too...The next Joplin?

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 02 April 2019 - 07:38 PM

#19 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 April 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

My hero!

;)

I have heard freshly-hatched chicks being pecked to death by their own brood with more range and tonality.

#20 User is online   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 02 April 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

I have heard freshly-hatched chicks being pecked to death by their own brood with more range and tonality.

That and cats fornicating.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users