RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The Kidney Being - RightNation.US

- - - - -
Well, I had my first BIG meeting with my possible transplant team at the University of Washington. It was really sort of interesting and I went in with a really upbeat attitude, since all this is really my last hope at any kind of life, and I want them to feel disposed to do it for me.
- - - - -

I Got the First Call

Well, today I recieved a call from the University of Washington hospital to make my first appointment with the Nephrology department. I can tell already it's going to be a paperwork-filled experience. I go to Seattle for the appointment on March 18. There I will meet with a nephrologist , a dietician, a hematologist, a social worker, some...
- - - - -

The "official" visit

I went to my regular doctor today and gave him the lowdown on the neph doctor's comments, and to tell him that my first follow-up with him was this afternoon. He actually made me feel better in that we are on a very open and friendly medical basis, and "Dr. Blunt" (not his real name!) would tell me if anything were really...
- - - - -
Today I had my first "official" appointment at the nephrologist to talk with the dietician because I have to go on a special diet (I found out) because I'm technically in kidney failure (not completely, but for all intents and purposes). Being diabetic, I'm used to most of it, so I don't think it will be that odious to me,...

• 2 Pages +