RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Phoenix Police Incident - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Phoenix Police Incident Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

:coffeenpc:

If you haven't heard about this incident yet, watch the video first:

Obviously, if something more than the contents of this video becomes public and changes the whole story, then the story will indeed change. But until that happens it's clear to me the Phoenix policemen involved were WAY outta line. They're the kind of a$$holes who give all police a black eye and a bad name.

<_<

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 17 June 2019 - 02:12 PM

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

Something I forgot to mention in my opening post: It's true there was shoplifting involved. Or at least that's the claim. And if, as presumable, it is true they were shoplifting, then yes, certainly, some form of police interruption was called for. I'm just saying the two cops took it way overboard; Way more extreme than necessary.

B)

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 17 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

#3 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

Wasn't it a 4 year old who took the item? I wish videos like this started at the beginning. Like you I think there has to be a lot more to this. If not the cops should be in jail acting like that. If there was no lead up .

Mark

#4 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:35 PM

View Postsearcher, on 17 June 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

Wasn't it a 4 year old who took the item? I wish videos like this started at the beginning. Like you I think there has to be a lot more to this. If not the cops should be in jail acting like that. If there was no lead up .

Mark

Agreed. For the cops sakes, there better be a whole lot more to this. Maybe it's just me(and I could easily be wrong here) but doesn't it seem that body cam footage tends to be released a whole lot quicker when it backs an Officers actions? I like to try and reserve judgment even in cases like this, but damn it's hard not to judge.

Oki

#5 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

I've been on both sides in the past. First on the receiving end of over aggressive cops in situations and then later, when I started working with them as backup. Things can go sideways so fast it's hard to believe. Even having been on the receiving end I tend to give a cop the benifit of the doubt until all the facts are in.

Mark

#6 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:00 PM

It's pretty ridiculous on its face, pointing a gun at a young mother with kids in her arms?! From the video, that family had a right to fear for the lives!

#7 User is offline   House MD 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:30 PM

Found the article, hope this found a couple of links. Apparently it over a stolen Barbie doll.

https://news.yahoo.c...jBfMQRzZWMDc3I-

https://www.yahoo.co...-222549259.html

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:23 PM

View PostHouse MD, on 17 June 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

Found the article, hope this found a couple of links. Apparently it over a stolen Barbie doll.

https://news.yahoo.c...jBfMQRzZWMDc3I-

https://www.yahoo.co...-222549259.html

Yup, as I said back in post #2, the claim is that there was shoplifting involved. I've heard two versions: That the 4-yr-old daughter took a Barbie doll unbeknownst to the parents, and I've also read that the mother stole something (one version I read said it was underwear.) I'm guessing both might very likely be true.

Nonetheless, mere shoplifting doesn't justify this treatment.

B)

#9 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:34 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 17 June 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Yup, as I said back in post #2, the claim is that there was shoplifting involved. I've heard two versions: That the 4-yr-old daughter took a Barbie doll unbeknownst to the parents, and I've also read that the mother stole something (one version I read said it was underwear.) I'm guessing both might very likely be true.

Nonetheless, mere shoplifting doesn't justify this treatment.

B)

For the sake of the Cops, there better be a whole lot more to this.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users