RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter - RightNation.US

Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   pict 

• If you expect a PC response, forget it!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

name='MADGestic' timestamp='1336443339' post='684939243'

What has this got to do with the topic; which is about something being "all Obama's fault"? Why are you alluding my comments in other threads wherein I repeatedly acknowledge (with ample citation) that market prices for coal and natural are gas "in a race to the bottom" when that has nothing to do with this topic? Why can't you provide evidence of the supposed huge exodus of rigs that you apparently insist is occurring… (which is supposedly "all Obama's fault")… and instead attack me personally even when my comments address another poster?
You're still playing pro-greenie deflections I see. It has everything to do with the topic, your silly question has been adequately answered. I've already proved the rigs leaving the gulf and I've explained how one platform doesn't drill one well at a time. They drill multiple wells from various locations at the same time.

Now, even after all this and what I've explained in detail you still choose to play the fool. I usually don't bother with the likes of you in explaining things. I shouldn't have bothered this time.

How many rigs are in the Gulf of Mexico? Operating, sidelined, in motion, abandoned, sunk or destroyed… how many? I believe they number in the thousands. How many has President Obama supposedly shooed away? About FIVE according to the references you have provided in support of your argument. Now unless I missed something, a couple of rigs in transit out of hundreds or thousands is hardly an exodus.
I've already explained all this, including above. I'm not going to repeat myself to an engineering no-nothing who refuses to learn.

I do know that these things are not like cruise ships that can just pull up anchor and sail away willy-nilly… (like to Cancun or Key West for exotic cocktails and party hats)… they are not self-propelled and it is a huge and expensive undertaking to move them. If oil producers are so profitable that they can afford to spend untold millions of dollars just moving rigs around then… what's the problem?
You're wrong again. Some can pull anchors and move themselves. Others are detached from anchor and towed by tugs. They eject ballast and pump in air like a submarine. And the oil reserves in the gulf in question affected by the illegal moratorium, are at the production stage and not the exploratory stage. There's something else you've learned, there's different types of drilling rigs. Of course this will again go straight over your closed mind and head.

It's a complete waste of time explaining all this to you, though.

This post has been edited by pict: 08 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

#102 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

What I get from all this is that oil rigs are large and costly things to move. I also see that moving one is not undertaken lightly. If they are moved then those in charge must see their ability to produce and earn money is in jeopardy and that moving them is the only answer. I also see that once moved it will take more than promises and talking points to bring them back.
The loss of rigs cannot be a good thing for our nation.

#103 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

View Postsatellite66, on 08 May 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

What I get from all this is that oil rigs are large and costly things to move. I also see that moving one is not undertaken lightly. If they are moved then those in charge must see their ability to produce and earn money is in jeopardy and that moving them is the only answer. I also see that once moved it will take more than promises and talking points to bring them back.
The loss of rigs cannot be a good thing for our nation.
That's right, it costs more money for them to sit idle and so they move them. And the cost in moving them isn't as horrific as the uninitiated would imply. They simply disconnect the anchors, pull in the drill cables for resuming in the future and are towed to their new location.

Once at the new location where they're getting paid for production, while doing it cheaper because of non-dictatorial EPA regulations. They aren't going to quit while getting paid and come back to the gulf when the illegal moratorium is lifted. Why would they? They're making money elsewhere without the Obama hassle and hustle.

This post has been edited by pict: 08 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

#104 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Many rigs in the gulf are private enterprises leased or rented by the oil companies. Once they aren't allowed to drill, especially by a dummy in the WH for ideological reasons, the lease contract isn't enforcable. They didn't sign a lease not to work and not get paid. The rig which blew in the gulf was a leased private enterprise, that's why there were only a few BP personnel on board, basically overseeing operations.

Obama knows all this, and he knows the illegal moratorium will stifle re-starting production because rigs have gone. The first thing to be done is hamstring the EPA, they aren't interested in the environment. They're only interested in destroying our oil industry.

This post has been edited by pict: 08 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

#105 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

And I can guarantee you, the first thing being asked by BP and the rig operators immediately after the disaster in the gulf. Would be "where's the bloody fire booms"?

This post has been edited by pict: 08 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

#106 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Oh, lookee lookee:

http://ebonstorm.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/nautilus-dry-tow1.jpg

Oh, lookee lookee again:

http://lh6.google.ca/abramsv/R-3uP_XRiKI/AAAAAAAAM5A/NYYJuAJLdUE/96179335.jpg?imgmax=512

Oh, lookee lookee again again:

http://bdnpull.bangorpublishing.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/1276556967_4e95.jpg

#107 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Oh, lookee lookee again again again:

http://dutemp.com/Images/drill_oil.jpg

Because horizontal and directional drilling methods often utilize existing vertical well bores, additional wells may be drilled without additional disruption to the environment. Utilizing this technique also helps maximize recovery from existing reservoirs by penetrating a greater cross-section of the formation, allowing substantially more oil to be produced while reducing the total number of wells required...

A horizontal well is drilled laterally at an angle between 70 to 110 degrees. In addition to reducing the environmental impact of the drilling process, horizontal drilling is more cost-effective, uses less produced water and creates less drilling waste. Horizontal drilling may also provide access to oil and gas in thin, tight reservoirs that may be inaccessible by vertical drilling...

Directional drilling techniques create a network of separate, interconnected well bores to enable drainage of multiple target zones. This technique is particularly effective in reservoirs having small or isolated accumulations of oil or accumulations at different depths. Directional drilling also greatly enhances offshore drilling efficiency by providing access to multiple targets from a single offshore platform.

Link

Hey, Madge. Do you want me to show up your lack of knowledge and refusal to learn, even more?

This post has been edited by pict: 08 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

#108 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Postpict, on 08 May 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Oh, lookee lookee again again again:

http://dutemp.com/Images/drill_oil.jpg

Link

Hey, Madge. Do you want me to show up your lack of knowledge and refusal to learn, even more?

hehe

:whistling:

#109 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Interesting read from CFP.

Obama and oil leases

#110 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

View Postpict, on 08 May 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Oh, lookee lookee again again again: (snip) Hey, Madge. Do you want me to show up your lack of knowledge and refusal to learn, even more?

It's for me hard to tell if you've actually answered any questions with logical responses; you seem to be all over the place, so:

• How many rigs are in the Gulf of Mexico? The entire Gulf; active, inactive, taking a 3-hour tour, abandoned, destroyed, sunk or whatever. What's the number?
  • How can a US President directly influence the retail price of gasoline? (I.E.: This topic.) Yes, the Obama administration imposed a 6-month moratorium on deep-drilling wells (over 500-feet) after the Deepwater Horizon disaster; then the moratorium was lifted.
  • According to the most recent earnings reports, how well are large global oil-producing companies doing?
  • Please reconcile your response to this query with your response to the immediately preceding query.
  • How do I imbed images in my comments? Sometimes I feel like posting pretty pictures instead of making actual arguments; surely you can help me with this.
  • So there are FIVE rigs moving around the Gulf right now? That's your best guess?
  • You seem to be saying that some Gulf oil rigs actually can cruise over to Cancun or Key West for exotic cocktails and party hats. When and how often do they do this? Is there a schedule? Does it coincide with Spring Break… or do they favor the economy of the off season?

Thanks in advance! See you at the tea party!

:coolshades:

#111 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostMADGestic, on 09 May 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

It's for me hard to tell if you've actually answered any questions with logical responses; you seem to be all over the place, so:

• How many rigs are in the Gulf of Mexico? The entire Gulf; active, inactive, taking a 3-hour tour, abandoned, destroyed, sunk or whatever. What's the number?
  • How can a US President directly influence the retail price of gasoline? (I.E.: This topic.) Yes, the Obama administration imposed a 6-month moratorium on deep-drilling wells (over 500-feet) after the Deepwater Horizon disaster; then the moratorium was lifted.
  • According to the most recent earnings reports, how well are large global oil-producing companies doing?
  • Please reconcile your response to this query with your response to the immediately preceding query.
  • How do I imbed images in my comments? Sometimes I feel like posting pretty pictures instead of making actual arguments; surely you can help me with this.
  • So there are FIVE rigs moving around the Gulf right now? That's your best guess?
  • You seem to be saying that some Gulf oil rigs actually can cruise over to Cancun or Key West for exotic cocktails and party hats. When and how often do they do this? Is there a schedule? Does it coincide with Spring Break… or do they favor the economy of the off season?

Thanks in advance! See you at the tea party!

Still deflecting I see. Well, I gave you the option of not being made to look like an ignorant arse by me, once again. You're like a expert on dick rings with a penchant for being an oil industry pinata.

Your questions have been answered and I've enjoyed making you look like a fool and I'm going to do it again. You previously stated there are thousands of rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Guess what? You're wrong again.

There are approximately around 2-1/2 thousand operational rigs world-wide. And again, all your questions have been dealt with and answered, and I'll still keep using you as a punching bag, I enjoy it.

Suck on that, genius!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/305213_2618036975940_1405606936_33026567_1748073254_n.jpg

This post has been edited by pict: 09 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

#112 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postpict, on 09 May 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Still deflecting I see. Well, I gave you the option of not being made to look like an ignorant arse by me, once again. You're like a expert on dick rings with a penchant for being an oil industry pinata.

Your questions have been answered and I've enjoyed making you look like a fool and I'm going to do it again. You previously stated there are thousands of rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Guess what? You're wrong again.

There are approximately around 2-1/2 thousand operational rigs world-wide. And again, all your questions have been dealt with and answered, and I'll still keep using you as a punching bag, I enjoy it.

Suck on that, genius!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/305213_2618036975940_1405606936_33026567_1748073254_n.jpg

All flash and no gas! I apologize for asking such difficult questions; a simple "I have no fogging idea" would have sufficed.

#113 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostMADGestic, on 15 May 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

All flash and no gas! I apologize for asking such difficult questions; a simple "I have no fogging idea" would have sufficed.

You don't ask difficult questions. You just keep asking the same stupid ones over and over. Even after being answered over and over.
I do give you credit for building a consensus though. Since you green guys love consensus. The consensus you built is that you are indeed clueless and beyond educating. :biglaugh:

#114 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

Here is something that is both fact and consensus. Gas prices have doubled since the one has taken office.

#115 User is offline   The-Stig 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

View Postsatellite66, on 16 May 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

You don't ask difficult questions. You just keep asking the same stupid ones over and over. Even after being answered over and over.
I do give you credit for building a consensus though. Since you green guys love consensus. The consensus you built is that you are indeed clueless and beyond educating. :biglaugh:

thats why I dont waste my time trying to educate morons....

#116 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

I guess B.P. now know they can't rely on Obama and his morons deploying fire booms, as they're required to do by law:

Two years ago BP engineers were churning their wheels trying to devise one method after another to cap and kill the gushing Macondo well. Now the company says it has built a system that — if such a disaster ever recurred — could cap the blowout in relatively short order.

Gone are the catchy names like Top Kill, Junk Shot, Top Hat. Instead, BP's system is called the Global Deepwater Well Cap and Tooling Package.

And oh what a package. The entire system weighs 500 metric tons, the cornerstone of which is the 40-foot-tall, 99-ton well cap that in the case of a blowout would be lowered into the murky depths and installed upon the well head.

Link

Maybe the EPA will find something ecologically wrong with this...

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users