RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Woman Attacked By Jaguar At Zoo Speaks Out About Ordeal - RightNation.US

Woman Attacked By Jaguar At Zoo Speaks Out About Ordeal Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:06 AM

Woman Attacked By Jaguar At Zoo Speaks Out About Ordeal
03/12/2019
Amelia Ward
LADBible

<More Here>

A woman who was attacked by a jaguar at a zoo in Arizona has insisted that she h as learned her lesson after leaning over the barrier - but advised the zoo to review their safety standards. She was out for the day with her family at Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park when the incident with the female animal happened. Only identified as Leanne, she has spoken out for the first time, saying that the big cat took a swipe at her arm when she leaned through the safety fence, and put her arm in front of it with her camera.

Speaking to CBS News, she said: "The black jaguar was up against the fence we happened to be walking by and said 'hey, let's get some good pictures'. I was in the wrong for leaning over the barrier, but I think the zoo should consider moving their fence back."

Passers-by then stepped in to help Leanne, who by this stage was in agony. One visitor, Adam Wilkerson, was at the zoo with his two sons when it all unfolded. Thinking on his feet, he pushed a water bottle into the enclosure in order to distract the jaguar, while Leanne got help. She was taken to hospital but released later that day with what was described as 'stable, non-life threatening injuries'.

"I never expected this" Leanne said. "I feel like we're all human, we make mistakes and I learned my lesson. Anybody can reach out. I'm not the first, and if they don't move the fence, I'm probably not going to be the last,' she added.

Wilkerson, the passer-by who helped her, said: "This zoo in particular is a lot more open in terms of how close you can get to these animals."

Speaking to the New York Times, he described the barrier as 'a little bit above waist height' for him. He said that it was 'more of a reach than a climb' by Leanne, but he did state that they would be safe for anyone not reaching over them.

He added: "Common sense would say that that would probably not be a good idea."

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

View Postarticle, on 13 March 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

A woman who was attacked by a jaguar at a zoo ... advised the zoo to review their safety standards.

Maybe they should start by no longer letting stupid people into the zoo.

#3 User is offline   First Sarge 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:46 AM

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!!!

Common sense is sadly lacking in most people, they just wonder around as "educated stupid people". They have all the right credentials but not a lick of common sense, wisdom or knowledge, just like Absolutely Occasionally-used Cortex (AOC). I blame modern medicine for keeping the "hold my beer" people alive and breeding, after they have proven that mother nature wants to Clorox them from the gene pool.

#4 User is offline   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

View PostFirst Sarge, on 13 March 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Common sense is sadly lacking in most people, they just wonder around as "educated stupid people". They have all the right credentials but not a lick of common sense, wisdom or knowledge, just like Absolutely Occasionally-used Cortex (AOC). I blame modern medicine for keeping the "hold my beer" people alive and breeding, after they have proven that mother nature wants to Clorox them from the gene pool.

It seems a lot of people fail to think thru actions that involve extreme danger.
Case in point. Warning! graphic!

Darwin Award Winner!

#5 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:39 AM

View Postlinewinder, on 13 March 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

It seems a lot of people fail to think thru actions that involve extreme danger.

Darwin Award Winner!

Russian roulette with a PPSh. :biglaugh:

#6 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

Sometimes I really wonder if we as a species have or are evolving.

Oki

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 13 March 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

:yeahthat:

She basically admits that they need to idiot proof the place for idiots like herself?

It's their fault, not hers of course?

Stupid animal rights whack a doodle got exactly what she deserved.

View PostFirst Sarge, on 13 March 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Common sense isn't common.

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:34 PM

Darwin Award Winner!

Made my day! :lol:

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Darwin Award Winner!

:thumbsup: :woohoo: :banana: :giggle: :lol2: :woot: :rofl: :lol: :D :lol3:

#10 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

View PostSARGE, on 13 March 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Russian roulette with a PPSh. :biglaugh:

He didn't look Russian.... :whistling:

#11 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:51 PM

Great idea! I recommend a short test before allowing the public to be in proximity to wild animals. Lately, it seems that so many people treat zoos and wildlife parks as if they were Disneyland.

#12 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:29 PM

I know it would never happen, but I think it would be awesome to have a list made up called the Darwin Menu where all the idiots who decide that they can commune with wild animals up close and personal and then get the losing end of the deal get put on the Menu with a action that led to their demise/brush with death as the description of their 'dish'.

#13 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:36 AM

Skip to 1:20

So I had to see for myself how far this fence was from the barrier. Initially I assumed she had climbed over a barrier and walked up to a fence and was attacked. After watching the video, I was kind of shocked in this day and age they literally only had a brick landscaping wall separating visitors. I'm sure she'll get a nice little check and they'll have to spend some money putting more barrier in between the people and that beautiful cat.

This post has been edited by Junto: 14 March 2019 - 01:36 AM

#14 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:12 AM

How about letting stupid people "into Africa?" LOL.

I have pet (petted?) cheetahs and hyenas in Kenya, played with baby lions in South Africa, stood next to a rhino in a game park in Senegal, and went into a lion enclosure (with the gamekeeper) on a military base in Botswana. (The Botswana Defence Force keeps them to get horses that they use in their mounted cavalry that patrols the bush acclimatized to wild animals.) Why did I do it? Because they said I could and to get the photo.

Luckily Darwin hasn't caught up with me yet. I have also changed jobs, so the opportunities for me to do stupid <censored> are much reduced. One of my co-workers, however, was bit by a hyena in Bots. He is one of those people that things just happen to.

#15 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:30 AM

Maybe they should have a special exhibit of stupid people at the zoo.

#16 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:20 AM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 14 March 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

Maybe they should have a special exhibit of stupid people at the zoo.

I’m not going to pay money to go see democrats...

#17 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:35 AM

View Postzurg, on 14 March 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

I'm not going to pay money to go see democrats...

You would if you could throw poop at them...

#18 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:42 AM

View PostJunto, on 14 March 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

Skip to 1:20

So I had to see for myself how far this fence was from the barrier. Initially I assumed she had climbed over a barrier and walked up to a fence and was attacked. After watching the video, I was kind of shocked in this day and age they literally only had a brick landscaping wall separating visitors. I'm sure she'll get a nice little check and they'll have to spend some money putting more barrier in between the people and that beautiful cat.

It’s like visiting Niagara Falls (Canada side). Just a waist high wall seperates the public from this spectacular wonder, and inside the caves, just a chain. There are “DANGER!” signs posted that some choose to ignore. They could make it idiot proof, which would ruin the experience for everyone or keep it vulnerable to dare devil, idiots, and the hopelessly depressed.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 14 March 2019 - 07:57 AM

#19 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:51 AM

View PostLadybird, on 14 March 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

It’s like visiting Niagara Falls (Canada side). Just a waist high wall seperates the public from this spectacular wonder, and inside the caves just a chain. There are “DANGER!” signs posted that some choose to ignore. They could make it idiot proof, which would ruin the experience for everyone or vulnerable to dare devil, idiots, and the hopelessly depressed.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8VvnQ3UDwhI/V7qIoFG6VxI/AAAAAAAAK1g/fMDUhct6UrEfusKDCUUnayqUF7x12pZqACLcB/s1600/niagara_falls_without_water_1969_4.jpg

https://www.niagaracruises.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Hornblower-Niagara-Cruises-Blog-2018-Niagara-Falls-Run-Dry-Niagara-Falls-Ontario-Canada.jpg

The photos without water are amazing. (Sorry for being off topic, but it is cool.)

#20 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 14 March 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

You would if you could throw poop at them...

Knowing the degenerates and freaks the make up so much of the Dem base.... they may actually enjoy that...

Oki

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users