RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Northam Cancels ‘Reconciliation Tour’ At Historically Black College Af - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Northam Cancels ‘Reconciliation Tour’ At Historically Black College Af Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

Northam Cancels ‘Reconciliation Tour’ At Historically Black College After Student Body Leader Tells Him To Stay Away
Daily Caller
Neetu Chandak | Education
1:00 PM 02/21/2019

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam was asked to cancel an appearance at a historically black college as part of his “reconciliation tour” after the university’s student government asked him to stay away in a Monday letter.

Northam was set to appear at an event, “Faith, Identity and Social Justice” at Virginia Union University (VUU) Thursday, where the Richmond 34 would be commemorated. The Richmond 34 was a group of VUU students who were arrested for protesting segregated lunch counters at a department store in 1960.

“It is our understanding you are seeking to gain atonement from your past actions while simultaneously affirming your constituents that you hold true to your beliefs in leading Virginia forward, a letter from VUU Student Government Association President Jamon Phenix said.

The letter added that the student body was in support of having an honest conversation surrounding race. (RELATED: Northam Official Denies Claim That Governor Was Considering Party Switch)

However, they felt that the governor’s presence would take away from the Richmond 34, especially given recent controversy over a picture featuring a person in blackface and another in a Ku Klux Klan costume appearing under Northam’s name in his 1984 medical yearbook.

Northam got further engulfed in a media storm after admitting at a press conference that he darkened his face with shoe polish for a Michael Jackson costume.

Phenix wrote that they would like to reschedule Northam’s visit for a date in the Spring.

Northam responded Wednesday, saying he will “abide by the students’ wishes.”

Link

Northam's arrogance and his vulnerability to blackmail are the only reasons that he is still in office. That the other two clowns are still part of the circus is also telling.

The Babylon Bee is once again ahead of everyone else on the hypocrisy:

Virginia Democrats Publicly Thank Jussie Smollett For Taking All The Attention Away From Them

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:38 AM

I love how they are "taking action" by asking him to reschedule his trip. That's not really taking action, that's being passive aggressive. Taking action would be demanding he resign because of his obvious racist actions of the past.

Wearing blackface in the 80's was not OK either. I grew up around the same time this idiot did and wearing KKK costumes and blackface was not the "in" thing to do unless you were a closet racist.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:35 PM

Well to me the whole thing is just no big deal. And yes, I know this will probably get me labeled "racist" by our resident leftists. Hell, maybe even by conservatives, who knows? I just don't care.

Yeah, it was insensitive. Yeah, he probably shouldn't have done it. But it was decades ago, when he was still young & stupid, and we've all done dumb stuff when we were young & stupid. Show me somebody who claims they never did anything stupid as a youngster and I'll show you a liar.

The only thing I'll condemn is the fact that now, as a full-grown adult, he doesn't have the strength of character to simply admit "Yup, that was me." That lack of character is what makes him a typical leftist.

B)

#4 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:46 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 25 February 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Well to me the whole thing is just no big deal. And yes, I know this will probably get me labeled "racist" by our resident leftists. Hell, maybe even by conservatives, who knows? I just don't care.

Yeah, it was insensitive. Yeah, he probably shouldn't have done it. But it was decades ago, when he was still young & stupid, and we've all done dumb stuff when we were young & stupid. Show me somebody who claims they never did anything stupid as a youngster and I'll show you a liar.

The only thing I'll condemn is the fact that now, as a full-grown adult, he doesn't have the strength of character to simply admit "Yup, that was me." That lack of character is what makes him a typical leftist.

B)

As usual, I agree with you. Everybody makes mistakes and I am very cynical of these claims that these photos "wounded" anyone. People pretend to be offended because it's fashionable to do so. It doesn't take any real effort and it helps insecure attention seekers feel superior. It's easy to fake outrage about a 30 year old photograph on your iPhone while microwaving a Lean Cuisine and you've scored your PC points for the day. College guys acting like <censored>s isn't really a social problem, PC hysteria over every damn thing is. It's killing a civilized society.

Costume parties don't hurt anybody. I don't like this clown because he's a low character, chicken<censored>, political scumbag who supports killing babies.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 25 February 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

As usual, I agree with you. Everybody makes mistakes and I am very cynical of these claims that these photos "wounded" anyone. People pretend to be offended because it's fashionable to do so. It doesn't take any real effort and it helps insecure attention seekers feel superior. It's easy to fake outrage about a 30 year old photograph on your iPhone while microwaving a Lean Cuisine and you've scored your PC points for the day. College guys acting like <censored>s isn't really a social problem, PC hysteria over every damn thing is. It's killing a civilized society.

Costume parties don't hurt anybody. I don't like this clown because he's a low character, chicken<censored>, political scumbag who supports killing babies.

Perfectly put.

:2up:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users