RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: New York Woman Called 911 With Questions About How To Kill Her - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New York Woman Called 911 With Questions About How To Kill Her Boyfriend Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:45 AM

New York Woman Called 911 With Questions About How To Kill Her Boyfriend

The Daily Caller
Lauryn Overhultz | Columnist
4:41 PM 04/29/2019

[Too short to excerpt]

A New York woman is facing charges after calling 911 to ask the operator how to kill her boyfriend, according to police.

Zelda Cotton, 54, of Tonawanda, was arrested Saturday after calling 911 to ask for ways to kill her boyfriend, police said. She faces charges of endangering the welfare of an elderly person and criminal possession of a weapon. Her bail has been set at $5,000, according to ABC7.

Police responded to the home after Cotton told them she had struck her 76-year-old boyfriend five times with a VCR tape. After hitting him with the tape, she reportedly told the operator that she was swinging a leaf blower battery at him.

Cotton was intoxicated at the time police arrived.

I canít seem to figure out why she called the police on herself. She obviously wasnít actually going to hurt him or else she would have grabbed a knife instead of a VCR tape. The police did arrest her, so they must have thought that she was some kind of threat to her boyfriend.

I feel like it would have been faster and definitely smarter to just look up the question on the internet.

Link

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:30 AM

I *heart* western NY..

https://expo.advance.net/img/33a5404e7a/width960/d1a_simpsonsotto.jpeg

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:46 AM

Wow, hitting him with a VHS tape? In 2019?!?! Dude, some kind of time warp there. Good thing she didn't beat him with an Edison cylinder.

#4 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:56 AM

Did she vote for AOC?

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

View PostSeverian, on 30 April 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Wow, hitting him with a VHS tape? In 2019?!?! Dude, some kind of time warp there. Good thing she didn't beat him with an Edison cylinder.

Hey, I still have VHS tapes. Still have a VCR to watch them, too. But then, I already know I'm an anachronism.

:yes:

#6 User is online   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 30 April 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Hey, I still have VHS tapes. Still have a VCR to watch them, too. But then, I already know I'm an anachronism.

:yes:

I also have a VCR and lots of VHS tapes.

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostAlexis, on 30 April 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

I also have a VCR and lots of VHS tapes.

:2up:

#8 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

Bit by bit putting mine onto DVD and digital files.

Oki

#9 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:12 AM

View Postoki, on 30 April 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Bit by bit putting mine onto DVD and digital files.

Oki

I have a handful of tapes I want to digitize, so I have a VHS/DVD combo player recorder in my mad scientist room. So far I've not gotten around to it. Quality is still low, nothing can help that, but I have a few tapes that need transferred as they will never ever show up anywhere else.

I also have one cassette I need to rip, right now I have 4 cassette decks and one tape I care about ripping. My junk/mad scientist room needs serious cleaning out. Too much old electronics gear.

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:27 AM

I have a VCR still. Thereís an exercise tape called The Firm which I have used for twenty years. Until the thing disintergrates, Iíll keep it.

I miss going to the video store on Thursday and Friday nights. It was kind of a family activity.

#11 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:29 PM

View PostLadybird, on 30 April 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

I have a VCR still. Thereís an exercise tape called The Firm which I have used for twenty years. Until the thing disintergrates, Iíll keep it.

I miss going to the video store on Thursday and Friday nights. It was kind of a family activity.

Like many things of the past, I can get nostalgic about video stores too, despite the fact I like streaming much better. Still, there were things about the rituals of our lives that we will always think back on with rose colored memories.

I fully appreciate the tactile pleasure of using, say, an analog turntable and LPs. I still have some and a turntable, but I much prefer taking my tablet and selecting music from Spotify or my hard drive based music server.

#12 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostSeverian, on 30 April 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

I have a handful of tapes I want to digitize, so I have a VHS/DVD combo player recorder in my mad scientist room. So far I've not gotten around to it. Quality is still low, nothing can help that, but I have a few tapes that need transferred as they will never ever show up anywhere else.

I also have one cassette I need to rip, right now I have 4 cassette decks and one tape I care about ripping. My junk/mad scientist room needs serious cleaning out. Too much old electronics gear.

I have a USB to RCA adapter which works like a charm. Once a digital file I can do with as I wish. Lot of flexibility.
Also use it to transfer 8MM Cassettes as well. I would post info on the device but I don't want to violate board rules.
Other nice thing is that once it's a digital file it can be cleaned up some, up scaled and enhanced. Plus the amount of VHS tapes you can put on a thumb or hard drive is crazy. Know I just need to run an antenna for my old Montgomery Wards Stereo Receiver. Old beast has two short wave bands and once I picked up either China or Japan with nothing more than a few feet of stripped speaker wire.

Oki

#13 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

I took the time to put videos of my daughter's gymnastics meets onto dvd. It took me a while as she was in gymnastics from the 3rd grade through high school. She thought I was crazy, but maybe someday she will appreciate them. She's now in her 40s and when her arthritis is too much, she can look back and say "This caused this ache, that caused that pain", lol!

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

I have a videotape of my band from '84 or '86 or somewhere thereabouts. Obviously it's not something that can be "found" or "downloaded" or whatever from somewhere else. It's the only one in the world. I'd love to get it changed to DVD, but have no idea how.

:shrug:

#15 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:09 PM

View Postoki, on 30 April 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I have a USB to RCA adapter which works like a charm. Once a digital file I can do with as I wish. Lot of flexibility.
Also use it to transfer 8MM Cassettes as well. I would post info on the device but I don't want to violate board rules.
Other nice thing is that once it's a digital file it can be cleaned up some, up scaled and enhanced. Plus the amount of VHS tapes you can put on a thumb or hard drive is crazy. Know I just need to run an antenna for my old Montgomery Wards Stereo Receiver. Old beast has two short wave bands and once I picked up either China or Japan with nothing more than a few feet of stripped speaker wire.

Oki

Have seen those but I already have the combo play/record deck from long ago. I need to explore s/w to clean it up after I get it in a good digital format. I did have an AVR that had image processing and upscaling using the Faroujda chip set, worked quite well but since it operated in real time that limited it compared to what you can do on a PC setup. My Oppo BluRay player has an HDMI input that you can use its internal video processing to clean up but I don't have any source that would benefit, it's all either discs or streaming, though I did use it to improve the cable box output when I had cable, or rather tried it for a while. Not that there was much that could really be done to over compressed crap video with hideous digital artifacts.

#16 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:20 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 30 April 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

I have a videotape of my band from '84 or '86 or somewhere thereabouts. Obviously it's not something that can be "found" or "downloaded" or whatever from somewhere else. It's the only one in the world. I'd love to get it changed to DVD, but have no idea how.

Know days you have a lot of cheap options.
All you need is a PC with minimal to moderate power.
And no, it's next to impossible to mess up.

Amazon, Newegg and a host of others sell. Them USB-VCR, USB-RCA converter and such.
Basically, the USB side plugs into your PC(doesn't matter port and can't be plugged in wrong) then the colored ends connect to the VCR by color. Hit record with the program that comes with the device and push play on the VCR.

One big mistake people make is that after the make a digital recording onto their PC they make a DVD, erase the digital recording then are disappointed with the DVD that it looks like crap. Well, VHS was a much much lower quality format than most TV's use today. Essentially your are trying to stretch the picture in a way that is similar to stretching a shirt with a picture on it.
There are a number of programs(many of them free) which can help with this, but only to a point. Saving it on the PC not only backs it up, but also lets you re edit later, or make as many copies as you wish. Plus, know days most DVD players let you use a thumb drive and play PC type video files any how. There is less and less need to even make a video DVD.

It can sound confusing as hell, but when someone walks you through it it's not to bad.

Oki

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:33 PM

View Postoki, on 30 April 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Know days you have a lot of cheap options.
All you need is a PC with minimal to moderate power.
And no, it's next to impossible to mess up.

Amazon, Newegg and a host of others sell. Them USB-VCR, USB-RCA converter and such.
Basically, the USB side plugs into your PC(doesn't matter port and can't be plugged in wrong) then the colored ends connect to the VCR by color. Hit record with the program that comes with the device and push play on the VCR.

One big mistake people make is that after the make a digital recording onto their PC they make a DVD, erase the digital recording then are disappointed with the DVD that it looks like crap. Well, VHS was a much much lower quality format than most TV's use today. Essentially your are trying to stretch the picture in a way that is similar to stretching a shirt with a picture on it.
There are a number of programs(many of them free) which can help with this, but only to a point. Saving it on the PC not only backs it up, but also lets you re edit later, or make as many copies as you wish. Plus, know days most DVD players let you use a thumb drive and play PC type video files any how. There is less and less need to even make a video DVD.

It can sound confusing as hell, but when someone walks you through it it's not to bad.

Oki

LOL

I appreciate the attempt to help. I really do. And what's more, I'll bet there are people who could understand some of that...

:scratch:

My only hope is to find somebody nearby who has the necessary equipment and the knowledge how to use it, and physically go there to let him do it.

#18 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:34 PM

Silly woman, calling 911, doesn't she know what Siri is for?

It always amazes me when idiots are just shocked that their Siri queries are available to law enforcement with a warrant. What? How'd you find out I asked Siri how to dissolve a body in acid?

#19 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 30 April 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

LOL

I appreciate the attempt to help. I really do. And what's more, I'll bet there are people who could understand some of that...

:scratch:

My only hope is to find somebody nearby who has the necessary equipment and the knowledge how to use it, and physically go there to let him do it.

Come know good Sir, give yourself more credit than that. After all, haven't you been known to use throttle linkages as Dental Floss, push rods as Q tips, used motor oil as mouth wash and bearing grease for tooth paste? Certainly anyone who can improvise like that can handle something like this.

:drinkers:

Oki

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:17 PM

View Postoki, on 30 April 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

Come know good Sir, give yourself more credit than that. After all, haven't you been known to use throttle linkages as Dental Floss, push rods as Q tips, used motor oil as mouth wash and bearing grease for tooth paste? Certainly anyone who can improvise like that can handle something like this.

:drinkers:

Oki

LOL

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users