RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 2019 celebrity death list - RightNation.US

2019 celebrity death list Rate Topic: -----

#201 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

Man, every time this thread pops up to the top, I hate to open it, yet just have to. RIP, Mr. Vincent.

#202 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 08 March 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

...IF you keep up with film and entertainment news.

Well that explains my ignorance on the subject. After working in the industry (roughly '74 thru '78) I got completely fed up with the phoniness, the pretentiousness, the self-importance, the stupid anti-American politics, etc etc etc. After that I pretty much ignored everything "new" outta Hollywood (with a few notable exceptions.) I still like all the old movies & TV shows I liked before, but just no longer pay any attention to much of anything newer than the mid-70's.

B)

#203 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

View Postoki, on 08 March 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Damn, there went a huge piece of my childhood. Plus 74 is way to damn young.

Oki

If you look up his history he was in two or three near death drunk car wrecks.

#204 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 March 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Huh? Who? Jan Michael Vincent?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Burt Reynolds or Dennis Weaver?

:scratch:

Edited to add: I found one Gunsmoke episode J.M. Vincent appeared on: The Legend. But it was his only appearance on that show, and it was season 17 (1971) so it was a color episode. He was never a regular member of the cast.

B)

You're right. I was thinking of someone else whose name escapes me right now.

Mark

#205 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:17 PM

JMV actually died on February 10th, and his death wasn't announced until just today... :scratch:

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 08 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

#206 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

View Postsearcher, on 08 March 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

You're right. I was thinking of someone else whose name escapes me right now.

Mark

Well I'm a huge Gunsmoke fan. So I can list everybody who was a regular weekly cast member. In fact, here goes:

James Arness, of course, as Matt Dillon
Amanda Blake as Miss Kitty
Milburn Stone as Doc Adams
Dennis Weaver as Chester
Burt Reynolds as Quint Asper
Ken Curtis as Festus
Glenn Strange as Sam the bartender
Buck Taylor as Newly O'Brian
Roger Ewing as a deputy (whose name escapes me)

That's pretty much everybody who was a regular weekly cast member at one point or another. Everybody else (including J. M. Vincent) was just a "guest star" on a specific episode.

B)

#207 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 March 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

Well that explains my ignorance on the subject. After working in the industry (roughly '74 thru '78) I got completely fed up with the phoniness, the pretentiousness, the self-importance, the stupid anti-American politics, etc etc etc. After that I pretty much ignored everything "new" outta Hollywood (with a few notable exceptions.) I still like all the old movies & TV shows I liked before, but just no longer pay any attention to much of anything newer than the mid-70's.

B)

Well, I still keep the occasional hand in but at the technical level so I avoid most of the flakes. Side gig supplying vintage PCs and laptops as props. Need to set a film in the late '70s or '80s or '90s and need an appropriate WORKING computer to match? I can do that, all the way back to '77-ish Apple IIs or Tandy TRS-80s. '80s era IBM PCs, ATs, PS/2s and even an original Compaq "Portable" about the side of a portable sewing machine. But my real specialty is police-grade and military-grade Panasonic toughbook laptops. I've got about 50 in various models and conditions. Need one that's EXACTLY like what police have mounted in their cars these days? I can do that. That would be a model CF-52 or CF-53. Need it with a particular department's markings and/or logo on the login screen? You've got it. Need some EXACTLY as used in Iraq/Afghanistan? Those would be CF-18s/19s and CF-30/31s. I've got dozens, ranging in condition from "like new" to looking like they've been through a war. Because they have.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

And, NO, that doesn't make me a "Hollywood Halfwit". I'm in Atlanta. :D

#208 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:16 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 08 March 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

Well, I still keep the occasional hand in but at the technical level so I avoid most of the flakes. Side gig supplying vintage PCs and laptops as props. Need to set a film in the late '70s or '80s or '90s and need an appropriate WORKING computer to match? I can do that, all the way back to '77-ish Apple IIs or Tandy TRS-80s. '80s era IBM PCs, ATs, PS/2s and even an original Compaq "Portable" about the side of a portable sewing machine. But my real specialty is police-grade and military-grade Panasonic toughbook laptops. I've got about 50 in various models and conditions. Need one that's EXACTLY like what police have mounted in their cars these days? I can do that. That would be a model CF-52 or CF-53. Need it with a particular department's markings and/or logo on the login screen? You've got it. Need some EXACTLY as used in Iraq/Afghanistan? Those would be CF-18s/19s and CF-30/31s. I've got dozens, ranging in condition from "like new" to looking like they've been through a war. Because they have.

Atlanta has a huge film presence now. :whistling:

#209 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 08 March 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

LOL. No point posting pictures, unless for others' benefits. That whole spiel was pure Greek to me. I wouldn't recognize anything you mentioned with or without a picture.

:shrug:

#210 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 March 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Well I'm a huge Gunsmoke fan. So I can list everybody who was a regular weekly cast member. In fact, here goes:

James Arness, of course, as Matt Dillon
Amanda Blake as Miss Kitty
Milburn Stone as Doc Adams
Dennis Weaver as Chester
Burt Reynolds as Quint Asper
Ken Curtis as Festus
Glenn Strange as Sam the bartender
Buck Taylor as Newly O'Brian
Roger Ewing as a deputy (whose name escapes me)

That's pretty much everybody who was a regular weekly cast member at one point or another. Everybody else (including J. M. Vincent) was just a "guest star" on a specific episode.

B)

Thad. He was also the show's most useless character.

#211 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 08 March 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Thad. He was also the show's most useless character.

Yup, that's it: Thad. Thanks.

And yup, he was definitely pointless.

B)

#212 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 March 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

Yup, that's it: Thad. Thanks.

And yup, he was definitely pointless.

B)

I always think of Matt telling Thad to shut up or get him a beer while the grownups are talking.

#213 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:15 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 08 March 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

I always think of Matt telling Thad to shut up or get him a beer while the grownups are talking.

LOL

Out of curiosity I looked him up on Wiki. Y'know what's sad? It specifically says that he's "best remembered" for that silly role. Poor guy.

:(

Interesting piece of trivia I read about him in that Wiki write-up: He appeared on an episode of "The Dating Game" in 1969, where the "eligible bachelorette" was future actress Lindsay Wagner. It doesn't mention anything about him winning the date, so I'm guessing he didn't.

#214 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:23 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 March 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

LOL

Out of curiosity I looked him up on Wiki. Y'know what's sad? It specifically says that he's "best remembered" for that silly role. Poor guy.

:(

Interesting piece of trivia I read about him in that Wiki write-up: He appeared on an episode of "The Dating Game" in 1969, where the "eligible bachelorette" was future actress Lindsay Wagner. It doesn't mention anything about him winning the date, so I'm guessing he didn't.

He was good looking enough and I guess, likable. But Festus' mule had more charisma and his character was never really given anything to do. I think, becuase of the times, with Jan & Dean, the Beach Boys, etc., CBS felt they had to get a golden locked surfer boy... in Kansas... in the 1870's to tap into the craze.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 08 March 2019 - 11:26 PM

#215 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:28 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 08 March 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

He was good looking enough and I guess, likable. But Festus' mule had more charisma and his character was never really given anything to do. I think, becuase of the times, with Jan & Dean, the Beach Boys, etc., CBS felt they had to get a golden locked surfer boy... in Kansas... in the 1870's to tap into the craze.

I can dig it, man...

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/23/d3/5d/23d35db2b109a05c9af2ea0ba6d06db6.jpg?b=t

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 08 March 2019 - 11:29 PM

#216 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:46 PM

One of my favorite movies from back in the day was The Mechanic, with Charles Bronson and Jan Michael Vincent... (I loved Bronson's house in the movie )

It makes me feel old when either the heart throbs from my childhood/teen years are dropping like flies or announcing that they've got some awful disease and their time is short.

My grandparents used to say that as you age, that becomes the case, but I am not prepared to accept that I'm getting older... Just more seasoned.

That being said, RIP JMV...

#217 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 08 March 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

One of my favorite movies from back in the day was The Mechanic, with Charles Bronson and Jan Michael Vincent... (I loved Bronson's house in the movie )

It makes me feel old when either the heart throbs from my childhood/teen years are dropping like flies or announcing that they've got some awful disease and their time is short.

My grandparents used to say that as you age, that becomes the case, but I am not prepared to accept that I'm getting older... Just more seasoned.

That being said, RIP JMV...

1235 Sierra Alta Way, Los Angeles. "West Hollywood". And it's actually a lot MORE than in the film; you only see bits and pieces.

The house has a 'History'. Architecturally notable for being originally designed and built by gazillonaire military contractor Hal B. Hayes in the '50s and includes an underground bomb shelter. Used as a set in at least 3 films in the '70s. More recently, in the '00s, most notable for being bought in '05 for $8.6 mil by former Olympian and basketball star Carlos Boozer who - for $70,000/mo - rented it out to musician Prince in '05-'06 who held a number of parties and events there.

Bomb Shelter Bachelor Pad Turned into Prince Purple Paint House

(notice some of the comments to the video; most agree that it looked better in the "Bronson" days than now in the Prince and post-Prince era.)

#218 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

UPDATE: RIP Dick Dale, ‘King of the Surf Guitar’ Passes Away at 81
Dick Dale, known as “King of The Surf Guitar,” has passed away, sources said on Sunday.

Dale, who had been quietly suffering health issues for many years, was considered a leader in the surf guitar genre. Dale was 81.

Born Richard Anthony Monsour, his famous songs, like “Miserlou,” and many others have become part of the American music fabric.
<snip>

Link

RIP

#219 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

RIP Dick Dale. You supplied MANY hours of entertainment during my younger days in the early 60's.

#220 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

View PostLadybird, on 17 March 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

UPDATE: RIP Dick Dale, ‘King of the Surf Guitar’ Passes Away at 81
Dick Dale, known as “King of The Surf Guitar,” has passed away, sources said on Sunday.

Dale, who had been quietly suffering health issues for many years, was considered a leader in the surf guitar genre. Dale was 81.

Born Richard Anthony Monsour, his famous songs, like “Miserlou,” and many others have become part of the American music fabric.
<snip>

Link

RIP

Not real familiar with the name. Was that his guitar on the opening music for Pulp Fiction?

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users