RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Willie Brown and the People's Temple - RightNation.US

Jump to content

-----
Mindlceaner Podcast Bonus Willie Brown and the People's Temple

Here's my latest podcast. It'll get better. I promise.

My Mind is Clean
0
  Like

11 Comments On This Entry

I didn't know you were doing podcasts, Chris. (I usually like reading better than listening. Because I'm a speed reader, but I don't know how to listen faster than someone talks.) :coolshades:

But your podcast reminded me that we used to live "down the hill" and my next door neighbor was a woman who had 2 aunts who followed Jim Jones. Ruby (my neighbor) said "he never seemed quite right to me, but my aunts adored him." Ruby told me of a time that she went to one of the aunt's homes and commented on some potted plant in her kitchen and how green it looked. "Do you want to know why it's growing so well?" her aunt asked. Then she took the plant out of it's ceramic pot (still in the plastic store pot) and showed Ruby a picture of Jim Jones. "He makes everything live."

Well, looking back, maybe not his followers in Jones town. But these were the type of people who followed him. Maybe in the beginning he seemed sane.


That's just my little anecdote. (Which is what I do.)

As far as Willie Brown, I think it's always dangerous to put too much stock in a charismatic leader. Because while they're acting normal and positive today, tomorrow they may be serving you poisoned kool-aid.
0
When I saw a comment on here I immediately thought it'd be Adam Smithee or whatever he's calling himself now. His family were into the People's Temple from way back. Love your anecdote. Permission to share? Also, I want to use the podcast to promote stuff like your toons. What's the best way to point people to them?
0
Sure. You have my permission. And I don't have a place with my toons archived yet. They're still figuring out what to do with me at RedState. I'm not on Twitter and I have tried other sites, but I don't like any of them. I'll let you know when I have a "page" at RedState.

And thanks.
0
but you can always tell people to look for me, "b. black fox" on RedState. (If you do a search on their site, you can find past toons.)
0

Wag-a-Muffin (D), on 04 July 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

but you can always tell people to look for me, "b. black fox" on RedState. (If you do a search on their site, you can find past toons.)

I just pointed them to Kira Davis’ stuff. Once I figure out the site building feature at SoundCloud, I should be able to link them there.
0
Thanks. Sara Lee is my other editor.
0

Wag-a-Muffin (D), on 04 July 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Thanks. Sara Lee is my other editor.


Cool.
0
Hi Chris. I'm a bit late to the game, had company from the 2nd onwards. Now I can go back to work and rest up from it all. LOL.

Jim Jones? There are many things to dislike about Willie Brown, but I won't hold Jim Jones against him. Jones had a *LOT* of people fooled back in the day. Not just my parents - who were bat-guano-crazy in their own way - but other good solid citizens as well.

Yes, Willie Brown appointed him to the housing board. That's not just a bay area "wierdo" thing. Previously, the mayor of Indianapolis - a used-to-be-red city in a fairly red state - appointed him to the local Civil Rights commission.

I met him once. I was maybe 10 or 12, which would have meant maybe '70-'72-ish. After he'd gone to CA but came back to Indy once in a while. I'm not sure how I can describe him without resorting to cliches. For starters, he "filled the room" with his "personality".

The comedian and voice impressionist Frank Caliendo once had an excellent schtick on Bill Clinton in which Bill Clinton could look you right in the eye and say "I am NOT here" and you'd want to believe him. Well, Bill Clinton was a rank amateur compared to Jim Jones.
0

Mr. Naron, on 04 July 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Wag-a-Muffin (D), on 04 July 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

but you can always tell people to look for me, "b. black fox" on RedState. (If you do a search on their site, you can find past toons.)
I just pointed them to Kira Davis’ stuff. Once I figure out the site building feature at SoundCloud, I should be able to link them there.


As an aside, what's your opinion of soundcloud as a whole?
0

Dean Adam Smithee, on 08 July 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Hi Chris. I'm a bit late to the game, had company from the 2nd onwards. Now I can go back to work and rest up from it all. LOL. Jim Jones? There are many things to dislike about Willie Brown, but I won't hold Jim Jones against him. Jones had a *LOT* of people fooled back in the day. Not just my parents - who were bat-guano-crazy in their own way - but other good solid citizens as well. Yes, Willie Brown appointed him to the housing board. That's not just a bay area "wierdo" thing. Previously, the mayor of Indianapolis - a used-to-be-red city in a fairly red state - appointed him to the local Civil Rights commission. I met him once. I was maybe 10 or 12, which would have meant maybe '70-'72-ish. After he'd gone to CA but came back to Indy once in a while. I'm not sure how I can describe him without resorting to cliches. For starters, he "filled the room" with his "personality". The comedian and voice impressionist Frank Caliendo once had an excellent schtick on Bill Clinton in which Bill Clinton could look you right in the eye and say "I am NOT here" and you'd want to believe him. Well, Bill Clinton was a rank amateur compared to Jim Jones.

It’s interesting to note that Jones didn’t pull the wool over anyone’s eyes except the center left and few moderates virtue signaling on Civil Rights for all they were worth.
0

Dean Adam Smithee, on 08 July 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Mr. Naron, on 04 July 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Wag-a-Muffin (D), on 04 July 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

but you can always tell people to look for me, "b. black fox" on RedState. (If you do a search on their site, you can find past toons.)
I just pointed them to Kira Davis’ stuff. Once I figure out the site building feature at SoundCloud, I should be able to link them there.
As an aside, what's your opinion of soundcloud as a whole?


It’s just okay. The RSS code doesn’t work with Spotify, my favorite way to listen to podcasts, so I’ll probably switch to something else.
0
Page 1 of 1

5 user(s) viewing

5 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Google

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

New Blogroll! And...World's Shortest Movie Reviews

Blog Roll
Ace of Spades
National Review
Got News
RealClearPolitics
ZeroHedge
The Federalist
African American Conservatives
Instapundit


World's Shortest Movie Reviews
American Sniper: Bradly Cooper=Best Actor
The Arroyo: Had a Pureflix feel to the acting, but well shot. Great conservative movie.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: As usual, the third installment is the best--having an ending really helped.
The Maze Runner: The perfect metaphor for moving to Detroit.
Dumb and Dumber To: More jokes. Cruder jokes. Someone gets hooked on crack.
Snowpiercer: Joe Biden's idea of heaven. Everyone on the Earth living on a train. Captain America admits he was going to eat Billy Elliot.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: This is what the world would look like without college football.
Interstellar 2001:A Space Odyssey with a soul. You will get very thirsty, so hydrate before viewing.
When the Game Stands Tall Proves my theory that it's worse when you win.
Guardians of the Galaxy Make a fun adventure movie about space and make a ton of money. Who knew? I mean, besides that Lucas guy.
Blended I don't get the "Billy Madison is genius, Blended is crap" review. It's as good as any other Sandler movie.
Mom's Night Out Hilarious. You will laugh unless you drive a black BMW and watch sunsets at the golf course.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 This series is still better than the Toby McGuire one. I actually cared if Gwen Stacy died.
Odd Thomas I understand the critics who didn't like the uneven tone. Way uneven. Still worth watching on Netflix.
Star Trek Into DarknessGood movie. Please, for the love of tribbles, let old Spock die.
Grown Ups 2 Critics, attack. Whatever you want to say about this one, I'm okay with it.
Thor: The Dark World Still very, very good. But I'd like an entire Thor movie set just in Asgard.