RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Posting YouTube Videos - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

Posting YouTube Videos

#1 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

  • Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator
  • Posts: 19,542
  • Joined: 03-November 04

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

It used to be if you removed the "s" from the YouTube Address, it would post a photo. Now I've removed the "s" and put open brakets enclosing the word media and then brakets: forward slash media on this post, and it still doesn't show a preview of the video.

http://www.rightnati...howtopic=222523 post #22

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 15 May 2019 - 04:07 PM

0

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 57,163
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 15 May 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

It used to be if you removed the "s" from the YouTube Address, it would post a photo. Now I've removed the "s" and put open brakets enclosing the word media and then brakets: forward slash media on this post, and it still doesn't show a preview of the video.

http://www.rightnati...howtopic=222523 post #22


I think the problem is with that specific video, nothing more. I followed your link (in post #22 in that thread) and tried to post that same video, and just like your attempt, it failed. But then I chose another video completely at random and did exactly the same thing, and it worked just fine.

B)
0

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 57,163
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:47 PM

Here, I'll demonstrate - Here's the video you tried to post, with the "s" removed:

http://www.youtube.c...1&v=07bjyxgxG94

Didn't work. But now here's another video chosen completely at random from the very same YouTube page, posted exactly the same way (i.e. with the "s" removed):



See? Worked just fine. So I'm convinced it's the video itself that's the problem, not the way you tried to post it.

B)
0

#4 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

  • Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator
  • Posts: 19,542
  • Joined: 03-November 04

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:19 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

Here, I'll demonstrate - Here's the video you tried to post, with the "s" removed:

http://www.youtube.c...1&v=07bjyxgxG94

Didn't work. But now here's another video chosen completely at random from the very same YouTube page, posted exactly the same way (i.e. with the "s" removed):



See? Worked just fine. So I'm convinced it's the video itself that's the problem, not the way you tried to post it.

B)

Thanks, Monty!
0

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 57,163
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 15 May 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

Thanks, Monty!


Y'welcome!

:hug:
0

#6 User is offline   Liz 

  • ***-----------***
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 51,165
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:59 PM

Actually, the difference is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=251&v=07bjyxgxG94

If you get rid of the s as usual, and then eliminate everything I've bolded,in the middle, it works just fine.


0

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 57,163
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:01 AM

Wow, how you discovered that particular section amazes me.

:o
0

#8 User is offline   Liz 

  • ***-----------***
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 51,165
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:22 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 16 May 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

Wow, how you discovered that particular section amazes me.

:o

It bedeviled me for a while so I wasted a lot of time fooling with it. :P
0

#9 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 35,759
  • Joined: 13-January 04

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:22 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 15 May 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

It used to be if you removed the "s" from the YouTube Address, it would post a photo. Now I've removed the "s" and put open brakets enclosing the word media and then brakets: forward slash media on this post, and it still doesn't show a preview of the video.

http://www.rightnati...howtopic=222523 post #22


It doesn't show in the text box at that moment. If you choose '"Preview Post" it will load normally.
0

#10 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

  • Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator
  • Posts: 19,542
  • Joined: 03-November 04

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostLiz, on 16 May 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

It bedeviled me for a while so I wasted a lot of time fooling with it. :P

THANKS!! (I need to bookmark this thread.)
0

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 57,163
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

View PostLiz, on 15 May 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

Actually, the difference is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=251&v=07bjyxgxG94

If you get rid of the s as usual, and then eliminate everything I've bolded,in the middle, it works just fine.




By the way - What a great video. That little b*tch getting exactly what she deserved. I watched it twice it was so enjoyable.

:yes:
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users