RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Breaking Up - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Breaking Up New Party ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Coach 

  • Coach
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 14,785
  • Joined: 17-November 03

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:42 PM

This is not a poll I am just wondering if anyone else sees something more going on than the usual two party politics ?

Given a choice I believe a new party could emerge made up of those who see traditional politicians of both parties as useless or even dangerous. Trump has cracked the door and it needs to be thrown wide open. The establishment doesn't even care about the rest of us except as a threat to them. Unlike my feelings and loyalty to the United States I have no serious attachment to the Republican or any party.

Is a new party a possibility or are the logistical barriers too great ?
0

#2 User is online   67Mustang 

  • <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor
  • Posts: 1,091
  • Joined: 06-April 10

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:59 PM

I have long waited for a viable third party to form. However, it could just as easily be a radical left wing group even though they currently own the Democrat party.
0

#3 User is offline   Coach 

  • Coach
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 14,785
  • Joined: 17-November 03

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:10 PM

View Post67Mustang, on 16 June 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

I have long waited for a viable third party to form. However, it could just as easily be a radical left wing group even though they currently own the Democrat party.



The democrats drag everything further left, Republicans have let it happen.
0

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,746
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostCoach, on 16 June 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

This is not a poll I am just wondering if anyone else sees something more going on than the usual two party politics ?

Given a choice I believe a new party could emerge made up of those who see traditional politicians of both parties as useless or even dangerous. Trump has cracked the door and it needs to be thrown wide open. The establishment doesn't even care about the rest of us except as a threat to them. Unlike my feelings and loyalty to the United States I have no serious attachment to the Republican or any party.

Is a new party a possibility or are the logistical barriers too great ?


Believe me, Coach, I've given this quite a bit of thought myself.

The logistics are great but not un-overcomeable. This new party would have to hold their nose for a while and at least 'caucus' with the Republicans for a while. Probably several election cycles. And there WILL be 'pushback' from the Republican establishment and the RNC.

BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS would be a congressional election in which the Republicans don't have a flat out majority but would if the <NEWPARTY> caucused with them; that gets us into good ole European+Israeli style "coalition" politics and would give <NEWPARTY> extraordinary leverage especially as to comittee assignments etc.

YES, It's "possible". I've said it before and I'll say it again: Biggest "lost opportunity" of the first 1/4 of the 21st century was the T.E.A. party not going that route as an actual party. And now that ship has sailed, they're "Old News" rather than "The next big thing"; they've lost momentum. And I had hopes for the "Constitution Party" for a bit, until I sat in on a couple of meetings. YES, the can talk a good game and have laudable goals. But, while having "goals" is a necessary part of it, it is ONLY a part of it; What's also necessary is a "Plan" to get there, and these people couldn't plan their way out of a wet paper sack. I trust that as a sports coach you see this as well.

STILL, it's POSSIBLE. A great start would be if <NEWPARTY> could get out of the gate with a number of already-proven-electable Republicans defecting to it's side.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 16 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

0

#5 User is offline   Moderator T 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 37,140
  • Joined: 02-October 03

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

I don't see it happening. The only realistic scenario I can think of is a 3rd party cropping up in the middle containing the moderates and establishment types of both parties. This'll allow the AOC's and Sanders' on one side and the conservatives on the other side to have their own parties.
0

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 57,108
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:58 PM

I'm almost anticipating two new parties. The "No-Longer-Democrats" and the "No-Longer-Republicans".

The "No-Longer-Democrats" I envision as people like me: Still liberal, but NOT leftist/socialist/progressive/etc. In other words, classic liberals. Old-time liberals who still believe in small government, lower taxes, keep outta my private life, etc.

The "No-Longer-Republicans" I envision as hard-core rightwingers who are sick to death of the squishy modern Republican party that's apparently too cowardly to fight against leftist stupidity; who are practically indistinguishable from Democrats.

So there will be four parties:

Republicans - Worthless cowards who aren't much different from Democrats
Democrats - The same hard-core leftwing trash that are currently destroying this country.
No-Longer-Republicans - Hard-core rightwingers who will fight the leftwing traitors.
No-Longer-Democrats - Classic liberals who still believe in liberal tenets, but aren't leftist traitors.

B)
0

#7 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,746
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:36 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 16 June 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

I'm almost anticipating two new parties. The "No-Longer-Democrats" and the "No-Longer-Republicans".

The "No-Longer-Democrats" I envision as people like me: Still liberal, but NOT leftist/socialist/progressive/etc. In other words, classic liberals. Old-time liberals who still believe in small government, lower taxes, keep outta my private life, etc.

The "No-Longer-Republicans" I envision as hard-core rightwingers who are sick to death of the squishy modern Republican party that's apparently too cowardly to fight against leftist stupidity; who are practically indistinguishable from Democrats.


Define "Hard Core" rightwingers? If you mean firm principled "Stand your ground" "line in the sand" types, then I'm your man. I know what my beliefs and principles are: They're not subject to negotiation, and if anyone wants to to TAKE them from me then they can pry them out of my cold dead hands after my last magazine is exhausted. (Oops, sorry, I misspoke. I don't actually HAVE any magazines, they must've fell off the moving truck in my last move.)

But if by "Hard Core" rightwingers you mean the alt-right/ White nationalist crowd? Then we part company, my friend. I want no part of that. And if "Civil war" happens to break out along those lines, I will LEAVE rather than participate. (I think I alluded to this in another thread. And that 52' Chris-craft constellation is looking better EVERY day.}
0

#8 User is offline   Hieronymous 

  • Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 9,043
  • Joined: 16-April 09

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:45 PM

I still think the Republican Party has to go away and be replaced by a party that actually distinguishes itself from Democrats.
0

#9 User is offline   Liz 

  • ***-----------***
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 51,151
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:57 PM

I believe that any new political party is just wishful thinking. These clowns can't seem to agree on anything, much less something as complex and detailed as a brand new party.
0

#10 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 30,561
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:34 PM

Does anyone remember the TEA party and how the republicans did all they could to marginalize and end it? Mitch McCommie "punch them in the nose"?
0

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 57,108
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:33 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 16 June 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

Define "Hard Core" rightwingers? If you mean firm principled "Stand your ground" "line in the sand" types, then I'm your man. I know what my beliefs and principles are: They're not subject to negotiation, and if anyone wants to to TAKE them from me then they can pry them out of my cold dead hands after my last magazine is exhausted. (Oops, sorry, I misspoke. I don't actually HAVE any magazines, they must've fell off the moving truck in my last move.)

But if by "Hard Core" rightwingers you mean the alt-right/ White nationalist crowd? Then we part company, my friend. I want no part of that. And if "Civil war" happens to break out along those lines, I will LEAVE rather than participate. (I think I alluded to this in another thread. And that 52' Chris-craft constellation is looking better EVERY day.}


You got it right in the first paragraph. That's closest to what I meant.

B)
0

#12 User is offline   NH Populist 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,335
  • Joined: 30-April 18

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:39 AM

They're not defined as a 3rd party, but we do have people who register as 'Independents' already. And I don't know the numbers, but they're a force to be reckoned with on election day...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 17 June 2019 - 02:41 AM

0

#13 User is offline   JerryL 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 12,212
  • Joined: 06-October 03

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:50 AM

View PostCoach, on 16 June 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

This is not a poll I am just wondering if anyone else sees something more going on than the usual two party politics ?

Given a choice I believe a new party could emerge made up of those who see traditional politicians of both parties as useless or even dangerous. Trump has cracked the door and it needs to be thrown wide open. The establishment doesn't even care about the rest of us except as a threat to them. Unlike my feelings and loyalty to the United States I have no serious attachment to the Republican or any party.

Is a new party a possibility or are the logistical barriers too great ?

If this were to happen we would have to be very careful about current Repubs rebranding themselves as “new party” to try and ride that wave. Most of them have shown they have no solid core beliefs, beyond power and enriching themselves, already.

They would be political “Californians” infecting the new Party.
0

#14 User is offline   Severian 

  • Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,078
  • Joined: 14-February 04

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:30 AM

View PostLiz, on 16 June 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

I believe that any new political party is just wishful thinking. These clowns can't seem to agree on anything, much less something as complex and detailed as a brand new party.

Hence the problem, a corrupt two party system like ours results in us being given binary choices for each office, where both choices are the result of a corrupt system and corrupt parties manipulating the primary process so that your only choice is one Deep State approved clone or the other.

Which explains why both sides hate Trump as much as they do, he is an outsider who usurped the nomination and then the presidency from the Deep State approved system and choices. He's like a Roman who might be a rich plebeian suddenly maneuvering himself into the position of consul. Except the Romans would just have had him killed.
0

#15 User is offline   House MD 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 276
  • Joined: 28-May 08

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostCoach, on 16 June 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

Is a new party a possibility or are the logistical barriers too great ?


A new party? don't know what it would be called. Maybe we are entering a Attached File  th.jpeg (11.71K)
Number of downloads: 8
0

#16 User is online   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,800
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

View PostSeverian, on 17 June 2019 - 07:30 AM, said:

Hence the problem, a corrupt two party system like ours results in us being given binary choices for each office, where both choices are the result of a corrupt system and corrupt parties manipulating the primary process so that your only choice is one Deep State approved clone or the other.

Which explains why both sides hate Trump as much as they do, he is an outsider who usurped the nomination and then the presidency from the Deep State approved system and choices. He's like a Roman who might be a rich plebeian suddenly maneuvering himself into the position of consul. Except the Romans would just have had him killed.

Truth.
0

#17 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

  • I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 6,770
  • Joined: 02-November 03

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:40 AM

Years ago I read an article saying if the US political system was more like Europe's the Republican party would be split into three parties. The north east fiscally conservative/socially liberal party, the southern socially conservative party and the rust belt and great plains pro business party.

The Democrat party would explode into several parties Every special interest in the Democrat party would become its own party. The green party, a Womyn party, LGBTQEIEIO party, an urban party and so on.
0

#18 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 25,277
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

In 2008 I told a co worker, not this election, and not then next 2012. And probably not the one after 2016, BUT I think it's very possible that by 2020 we may very well have a viable 3rd party due to voter disgust with both parties.
Trump ran on a Republican ticket, BUT, he is closer to an actual 3rd party then we have had in many many years.
If we due finally see a viable 3rd party I would not be surprised to see him play a central role. While some would call this a detriment, all he has to do is list key accomplishments. Trump is proof that things can get done. He is threat to the establishment because of the whole status quo system of promise everything, do nothing and then blame the other side divide and conquer crap that has torn us apart as a nation. Is he perfect? Oh hell no, don't even get me started on his faults and short comings. Thing is he comes from a world where results matter, if you don't get the job done there are consequences. Something our 'leaders' in Washington have not really had to deal with. For them failure is no big deal, make excuses, blame someone else etc etc. In private business you do not have this luxury. If you don't get the job done you don't get paid. Something Washington D.C. has never had to deal with or worry about.

Oki
0

#19 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

  • Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,411
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:52 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 17 June 2019 - 02:39 AM, said:

They're not defined as a 3rd party, but we do have people who register as 'Independents' already. And I don't know the numbers, but they're a force to be reckoned with on election day...

There are also those of us who register as Republican because we have no say in the primaries in our state if registered Independent.
0

#20 User is offline   Coach 

  • Coach
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 14,785
  • Joined: 17-November 03

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

Levin had a very relevant show last night exposing the administrative state and how politicians avoid being responsive to the people they are supposed to serve by ceding authority to the bureaucrats who answer to no one. Trump's drain the swamp strategy is the right one, we as sovereign citizens must reassert our natural rights under the Constitution and take back our country.

There is a theme waiting to be written and put in play. Time for an old fashioned revival. Watch what happens in Orlando tomorrow,
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users