RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Judge Rules Medicaid Must Pay For Transgender Sex Reassignment Surgery - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Judge Rules Medicaid Must Pay For Transgender Sex Reassignment Surgery Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

Obama Judge Rules Medicaid Must Pay For Transgender Sex Reassignment Surgery
AUGUST 22, 2019
JUDICIAL WATCH

<More Here>

An Obama-appointed federal judge is forcing Wisconsin taxpayers to provide costly sex reassignment surgery and hormonal procedures for low-income transgender residents who get free medical care from the government. In a recently issued ruling U.S. District Judge William M. Conley writes that Medicaid, the publicly funded insurance that covers 65.7 million poor people, cannot deny the medical treatment needs of those suffering from "gender dysphoria." Officials estimate it will cost up to $1.2 million annually to provide transgender Medicaid recipients in the Badger State with treatments such as "gender confirmation" surgery, including elective mastectomies, hysterectomies, genital reconstruction and breast augmentation. The intricate operations are typically done by plastic surgeons.

The ruling culminates a lawsuit filed more than a year ago by two transgender Wisconsinites, who accuse the federal and state-funded insurance program of providing them with disparate and inferior health care on the basis of sex. Cody Flack of Green Bay and Sara Makenzie of Baraboo say they suffer from severe gender dysphoria that requires costly surgery. Flack, a woman, claims to be ashamed of her breasts and wants to have them surgically removed as she transitions into a man's body. To make a case for the government to pay for her surgery, she claims that she engages in "binding," which flattens her breasts and causes sores, skin irritation and respiratory distress. Flack also has difficulty binding her breasts due to a disability, according to court documents. Makenzie, a man who legally changed his name to Sara and wears women's clothing, says his "male-appearing genitalia" causes him "great distress" and negatively affects his sexuality and social life. Showering and seeing his body in a mirror is "painful," court records state, and Makenzie fears someone will be able to see his "male genitals" through his clothing.

Last summer Judge Conley issued a preliminary injunction ordering Wisconsin to cover sex reassignment surgery for Flack and Makenzie while state health officials appealed. The permanent ruling directing the state-federal insurance for the poor to pay for all gender confirmation operations in the state was issued last week. To lay the foundation, Conley writes in the injunction that gender dysphoria is a serious medical condition, which if left untreated can cause adverse symptoms. "As a group, transgender individuals have been subjected to harassment and discrimination in virtually every aspect of their lives, including in housing, employment, education, and health care," according to the document. "Their own families, acquaintances and larger communities can be sources of harassment. For some transgender individuals, though certainly not all, the dissonance between their gender identity and their naturally assigned sex can manifest itself in the form of gender dysphoria, a serious medical condition recognized by both sides' experts and the larger medical community as a whole."

Though Medicaid initially denied Flack's chest reconstructive surgery, it was eventually completed at taxpayer expense after the judge's injunction.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

Do what you want to your body, just not at taxpayers expense.

Besides, this is a mental health issue and should be treated as such.

#3 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:28 PM

CA is doing the same for a prisoner to get his sex change operation...

The level of idiocy that is rampant in our society is horrific.

#4 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

View Posterp, on 21 September 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Agreed.

Medicaid covers mental health issues and should treat this with a drug. Other than a lobotomy, I'm not aware of any surgery for mental health issues.

If it was up to me these people would be in an asylum away from society. With so many of them wandering the streets these days people are starting to think these defects are normal and deserving of "lifestyle" protections.

#5 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

There's apparently a shortage of tar and feathers in Wisconsin.

#6 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:15 PM

I concur

#7 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:28 PM

So do they float the dicks in preservatives and save them for the girls that wanna be boys?

#8 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:37 PM

:clap:

apparently, "get the government out of the bedroom" and "hands off my body" doesn't refer to receipt of gummint payments

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 21 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

#9 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

:exactly:

I think that it still ought to be illegal for any surgeon to mutilate human bodies to accommodate/encourage/facilitate people's mental illness.

I also think that it should be a crime punishable by death for any adults who do this crap to children. PERIOD.

#10 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:09 PM

View PostRock N, on 21 September 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

:exactly:

I think that it still ought to be illegal for any surgeon to mutilate human bodies to accommodate/encourage/facilitate people's mental illness.

I also think that it should be a crime punishable by death for any adults who do this crap to children. PERIOD.

I cannot disagree.

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:48 PM

I also say that Trump needs to have this judge ousted and replaced with someone who can actually interpret the law instead of a sick twisted progtarded agenda.

#12 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery

Posted 22 September 2019 - 05:50 AM

So, how does this not get bumped up to the SCOTUS before we have to pay?

#13 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:24 AM

The government is now obligated to treat anyone who was born with a real or imagined birth defect?! It doesn't take much of an imagination to see where this might go...

#14 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:45 AM

No, not on the basis of "sex" but on the basis of sexuality. They want to be women to be gay. Nothing more. They can pay for this crap on their own, it's an option like upgrading from plastic to leather.

#15 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

“As a group, transgender individuals

As an individual, I tend not to like being lumped into a group. The judge ruled in favor of a category. This is not a "permanent ruling". This is legislating from the bench.

In his decision, Judge Conley cites guidelines issued by the World Professional Association of Transgender Health to treat transsexual, transgender and gender nonconforming people. Treatments include psychotherapy, hormone therapy and “a number of surgical procedures” to eliminate the development of unwanted secondary sex characteristics of the assigned sex, develop secondary sex characteristics of the sex associated with the patient’s gender identity and enhance the patient’s ability to “pass” as the sex associated with the patient’s gender identity to decrease harassment, mistreatment and other forms of discrimination.

Hate to break it to the judge and the WPATH, but sometimes harassment, mistreatment and other forms of discrimination increase after therapies and surgical procedures. Ever catch a gossip column or eye-on-Hollywood after a celebrity's plastic surgery? It can be like that for anyone.

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 22 September 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

No, not on the basis of "sex" but on the basis of sexuality. They want to be women to be gay. Nothing more. They can pay for this crap on their own, it's an option like upgrading from plastic to leather.

There are other reasons. In your example, if someone wants sex reassignment to avert the stigma of homosexuality, the decision is cosmetic. Which means procedures are elective. Thus Medicaid should not pay those bills. I agree with others that gender dysphoria should be treated as a mental health issue before the taxpayer is on the hook for hormone pills and surgeries.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users