RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Celebrities To The Rescue! - RightNation.US

-----
Upon learning that federal officials have solicited help from Titanic and Avatar director James Cameron to brainstorm solutions for the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, I was reminded of the closing track from William Shatnerís under-appreciated 2004 spoken word album Has Been.

I have saved the world in the movies
So naturally thereís folks who think I must know what to know
But just because youíve seen me on your TV
Doesnít mean Iím any more enlightened than you

And while thereís a part of me
In that guy youíve seen
Up there on that screen
I am so much more
And I wish I knew the things you think I do
I would change this world for sure
But I eat and sleep and breathe and bleed and feel
Sorry to disappoint you
But Iím real

Iíd love to help the world and all its problems
But Iím an entertainer, and thatís all
So the next time thereís an asteroid or a natural disaster
Iím flattered that you thought of me
But Iím not the one to call

It is unfortunate Cameron does not share Shatnerís apparent humility. Neither does Scarlett Johansson or Ryan Reynolds.

6 Comments On This Entry

Well, when narcissists are in charge of the country, and they want some help, they usually call more narcissists for help. What better place to find narcissists than hollyweird?
Benjamin Franklin learned two things early on: the value of hard work, and the value of being seen working hard.

Unfortunately, the work that celebrities engage in is not for real. Johansson is little more than an "A-list" rubbernecker like her buddy Obama -- a celebrity disaster area tourist more concerned with appearing concerned. (I will not include Kevin Costner in this argument because he is an investor in an endeavor -- ultimately successful or not -- to clean up the oil, nor will I include anyone else who actually steps forward to lend some sort of real assistance.)
Last night I saw the headline, "Sheen Spotted Less Than 10 Miles From Florida Coast."
My first thought was, "That's all those poor people need, is for Martin or Charlie to show up and start mouthing off."
Please celebrities; JUST GO AWAY!
let me reiterate; GO AWAY!
I'm not a scientist, but I played one on tv.
Page 1 of 1

Recent Entries

2 user(s) viewing

2 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Righters' Blog Archive

Conservative's Forum

Conservative's Forum - Conservative news and discussion Forum.