RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Tillerson is “Dumb as a Rock” - RightNation.US

Tillerson is “Dumb as a Rock” Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

I saw an article today where Former SecState Tillerson said that Putin was better prepared for meeting they once had than DJT.

Trump fired back with a tweet saying Tillerson was wrong, “dumb as a rock,” and reminding people that he fired Tillerson.

So ŕ fired employee throws a barb or two. To be expected. What does Trump get out of this exchange? How does this make him look better?

My immediate thought was “So why do you appoint people who are “dumb as a rock” to the highest administration posts? Can’t you find smart people you don’t have to fire?”

How does he lose in a case like this by saying, “I thank Rex for his service, but we have moved on from his time here.”

This post has been edited by JerryL: 23 May 2019 - 11:05 AM

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

What's your point? You don't like that Trump stands up for himself?

#3 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 23 May 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense to brag about hiring the best people......and then saying that the guy YOU hired for one the most important positions in your cabinet wasn't qualified and had no business being hired in the first place. Especially, one day after the Ben Carson dustup. Both Ben Carson and Rex Tillerson are extremely smart and were excellent in their private sector roles, but Trump undermines his own intelligence by saying the guy he nominated had no business ever being nominated.

#4 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostDutch13, on 23 May 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense to brag about hiring the best people......and then saying that the guy YOU hired for one the most important positions in your cabinet wasn't qualified and had no business being hired in the first place

It happens in professional sports all the time. It's marketing, and marketing changes when the situation changes.

#5 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 23 May 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

So you can’t tell me what the upside is of DJT stating he hires stupid people and the has to fire them? OK, but you could have just said it.

Can you tell me what the downside would have been to dismissing the comment with “I thank Rex for his service but we have moved on from him?”

#6 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostJerryL, on 23 May 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

So you can’t tell me what the upside is of DJT stating he hires stupid people and the has to fire them? OK, but you could have just said it.

Can you tell me what the downside would have been to dismissing the comment with “I thank Rex for his service but we have moved on from him?”

I can tell that you have never hired anyone or run a business of any kind. So, what experience have you had in hiring people for
an important job and then having to fire them for poor performance.

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:25 PM

View Posttonguezilla, on 23 May 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

I can tell that you have never hired anyone or run a business of any kind. So, what experience have you had in hiring people for

I'm not at all sure I fully agree with Jerry's overall point or position this time. However, I do wanna just point out that Jerry is no doubt referring to Trump's own declaration: "...The best! I only hire the best people." For Trump to now publicly call somebody he hired for a crucial position "Dumb as a rock" just isn't helpful or necessary or wise.

:shrug:

#8 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

View Posttonguezilla, on 23 May 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

PM for a 30 person services contract where I had to hire multiple specialties with clearances for work overseas. Currently in charge of recruiting for our Francophone hires.

So now that we have that out of the way, way to miss the point. I didn’t criticize his hire as no one has 100% hiring record. I asked what the upside was of his saying he hires people who are “dumb as rocks” and what the downside would have been to simply dismissing Tillerson’s sour grapes barbs.

Care to address what I actually said rather than talk <censored> about me?

This post has been edited by JerryL: 23 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

#9 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:42 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 23 May 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

I'm not at all sure I fully agree with Jerry's overall point or position this time. However, I do wanna just point out that Jerry is no doubt referring to Trump's own declaration: "...The best! I only hire the best people." For Trump to now publicly call somebody he hired for a crucial position "Dumb as a rock" just isn't helpful or necessary or wise.

:shrug:

My point is the same one I have been making...whether one agrees or not...since he was elected. Many of his more petty tweets and “defenses” only serve to diminish him and make him look petty. This is one.

A disgruntled, fired, employee takes a jab. He fires back with “Tillerson (who I hired and placed in one of the 4 most powerful positions in a US administration) is dumber than a rock.”

How does that advance the President or anything he wants to accomplish?

You, Monty, know that I like what he is doing. I want him to do more. This doesn’t help, IMO. If I am wrong, I would like someone to at least attempt to explain how.

This post has been edited by JerryL: 23 May 2019 - 03:43 PM

#10 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

View PostJerryL, on 23 May 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

PM for a 30 person services contract where I had to hire multiple specialties with clearances for work overseas. Currently in charge of recruiting for our Francophone hires.

So now that we have that out of the way, way to miss the point. I didn’t criticize his hire as no one has 100% hiring record. I asked what the upside was of his saying he hires people who are “dumb as rocks” and what the downside would have been to simply dismissing Tillerson’s sour grapes barbs.

My goodness, you sound like someone who has been fired and then talks smack about the person who fired them, and the guy who hired you fired back. Thank you for proving my point. You stand corrected.

And I as the former Contracting Officer Headquarters Air Force Communications Command, Scott AFB, IL in charge of all computer maintenance contracts for the department of defense worldwide would know nothing about hiring or firing people.

Sheesh.

#11 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

View Posttonguezilla, on 23 May 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

My goodness, you sound like someone who has been fired and then talks smack about the person who fired them, and the guy who hired you fired back. Thank you for proving my point. You stand corrected.

And I as the former Contracting Officer Headquarters Air Force Communications Command, Scott AFB, IL in charge of all computer maintenance contracts for the department of defense worldwide would know nothing about hiring or firing people.

Sheesh.

If you don’t want to address what I actually said then don’t. If you are incapable of comprehending the written word, then quit responding because you:

A. Have addressed NOTHING I actually said.
B. Can’t seem to understand that I made ZERO comment about firing Tillerson.
C. Attacked my professional career of which you know <censored> all about.
D. Posted your contracting CV as if I had said anything whatsoever about your qualifications...which I did not. Your CV, much as mine, has NOTHING to do with Trump’s tweets.

Untwist your Wonder Woman’s, take a deep breath and go back and read what I actually wrote instead of foaming at the mouth over something I did not.

What do you think was the upside of him calling someone that he hired as SecState “Dumb as a rock?”

What do you think he would have lost by simply dismissing what Tillerson said as unimportant (because what he said IS unimportant)?

Maybe 3rd time will be the charm.

This post has been edited by JerryL: 23 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

#12 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:15 PM

It doesn't make a lot of sense to brag about hiring the best people......and then saying that the guy YOU hired for one the most important positions in your cabinet wasn't qualified and had no business being hired in the first place. Especially, one day after the Ben Carson dustup. Both Ben Carson and Rex Tillerson are extremely smart and were excellent in their private sector roles, but Trump undermines his own intelligence by saying the guy he nominated had no business ever being nominated.

Have you ever hired someone that you thought would be great only to have that person let you down or not execute the orders you gave? I am sure every one here has at some point. Guess what, he's human, and he's got a lot of bluster but he's still better than HRC or Bush or the other servants of the anti-christ you supported other than Rand Paul or Ted Cruz who by the way would not have had a chance to win if Trump had not entered. You seem to not realize that they intentionally clouded the field so Bush would win with about 25-30% of the vote. The rest were intended to dilute the people's votes so they could have their illegal approved candidate. Who would have then lost to HRC.

So spare me.

#13 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:17 PM

View PostJerryL, on 23 May 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

So now that we have that out of the way, way to miss the point. I didn't criticize his hire as no one has 100% hiring record. I asked what the upside was of his saying he hires people who are "dumb as rocks" and what the downside would have been to simply dismissing Tillerson's sour grapes barbs.

Because he was attacked by Tillerson. Trump is a bull dog, they bite first and hard then back off, that's what he is. Just because you don't like that personality style does not mean that you can impose what you want on him. It's a simple concept really, he is what he is. Regardless he's more effective than the alternatives. Or would you rather have a stagnant economy moving about 1/2 a point up if we are lucky all the while being told by the media that it is amazing economic "growth" in this market, yaddy yaddy yada.

#14 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:33 PM

Private sector is different. VASTLY different. Tillerson was previously CEO of Exxon-Mobil, the worlds 6th largest Corporation with 71,000 employees and $280 Billion in annual revenue. You HAVE to be good to run a company like that for 11 years with no major Foul-ups. And he looked right for SOS, having previously negotiated Oil&Gas deals/leases with heads of state like Putin. But as head of Exxon, he was largely out of the limelight. Heck, aside from Exxon employees, stock analysts, and maybe some environmental protesters, I doubt that ten other people in the world even knew who he was. Heck, I'm in the energy sector and even *I'D* never heard of him before being nominated to SOS. (Though to be fair, I've done a lot of contracting to Chevron, Conoco-Phillips, Shell, and Diamond-Shamrock but never Exxon.) That sort of anonymity gives a dealmaker a LOT of "operating freedom". Totally different than being constantly in the spotlight as SOS where you've got media all over the world constantly second-guessing your moves.

#15 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 23 May 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Have you ever hired someone that you thought would be great only to have that person let you down or not execute the orders you gave? I am sure every one here has at some point. Guess what, he's human, and he's got a lot of bluster but he's still better than HRC or Bush or the other servants of the anti-christ you supported other than Rand Paul or Ted Cruz who by the way would not have had a chance to win if Trump had not entered. You seem to not realize that they intentionally clouded the field so Bush would win with about 25-30% of the vote. The rest were intended to dilute the people's votes so they could have their illegal approved candidate. Who would have then lost to HRC.

So spare me.

Yes, definitely. Two glaring examples. First, when I was regional engineering manager for a multinational ("region" being NW USA, OR, WA, ID, MT, UT, AZ. Yeah, I know, AZ is not "NW", but our major project in the state was with a company HQ'd in Oregon.) Hired a guy I'd worked with at my first engineering job in the late '80s, a small firm out of Orlando FL. Didn't work. Guy just didn't fit in at a "corporate" environment. Especially not a German corporation.

Second, exactly the opposite. With my own biz, hired a guy that I hadn't known personally but had 'heard of' at the multinational. And what I'd heard was good. But in our small biz, not so good. No "initiative" whatsoever. Spoon-feed him a clearly-defined task, and he could execute to perfection. No quarrels there whatsoever. But just couldn't think for himself.

On ANY engineering project, there are inevitably "variables"; things you didn't know originally but now have to account for. BE creative, within bounds. The bounds being the various nationally-recognized codes and standards. And my philosophy is that if it's not forbidden then it's permitted. (Up to a point. OF COURSE, common sense plays a role as well.) This guy just couldn't think that way. Had to be spoon-fed everything.

I'm sure you've had to deal with those types too.

#16 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

Little Marco, Lying Ted, Crooked Hillary, Low Energy Jeb, Sleepy Joe and Dumb as a Rock, you have to take Trump's goofy side with a grain of salt. It's not meant for his supporters anyway, it's meant for the Left. It's working too, he's got Pelosi telling people she's praying for him and that was my chuckle for the day...Lol Bringing China back to reality, bringing jobs back to America, dealing with the crisis on the border, Trump's earned the right to add a little levity to the job. Remember too, the man's not taking a salary. Cut him a little slack, can you imagine where we'd be without him?!

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 23 May 2019 - 06:33 PM

#17 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:35 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 23 May 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

Little Marco, Lying Ted, Crooked Hillary, Low Energy Jeb, Sleepy Joe and Dumb as a Rock, you have to take Trump's goofy side with a grain of salt. It's not meant for his supporters anyway, it's meant for the Left. It's working too, he's got Pelosi telling people she's praying for him and that was my chuckle for the day...Lol Bringing China back to reality, bringing jobs back to America, dealing with the crisis on the border, Trump's earned the right to bring add a little levity to the B.S. he's dealing with. Remember too, the man's not taking a paycheck. Cut him a little slack, can you imagine where we'd be without him?!

I think it IS meant for his base, the other side has their fingers in their ears about anything good.

#18 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:27 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 23 May 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Because he was attacked by Tillerson. Trump is a bull dog, they bite first and hard then back off, that's what he is. Just because you don't like that personality style does not mean that you can impose what you want on him. It's a simple concept really, he is what he is. Regardless he's more effective than the alternatives. Or would you rather have a stagnant economy moving about 1/2 a point up if we are lucky all the while being told by the media that it is amazing economic "growth" in this market, yaddy yaddy yada.

A whole lot of writing to (again) not address the questions I asked.

I get that you agree with him responding and HOW he responds. That is fine with me and I am not trying to change your opinion. I am trying to understand it.

What is the upside of calling someone you hired to one of the top posts in the nation “dumb as a rock?” Am I glad he fired Tillerson? Yes. But that doesn’t change that at one point he felt that this man who is “dumb as a rock” was the best person to be SecState.

What would have been the downside of simply dismissing his response as not worthy by saying something like, “Tillerson said that? I thank him for his service, but we have moved on from him?” BTW, that would still be a response to Tillerson. Just a dismissive one.

A couple more things...I challenge you to find anywhere where I have EVER said that the alternative to Trump (HRC) would have been better. While you are at it, besides caving in the budget, please find anything that have disagreed with economically. I will bet $100 that all you find is support so keep slaying those straw men.

This post has been edited by JerryL: 24 May 2019 - 01:30 AM

#19 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:33 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 23 May 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

I think it IS meant for his base, the other side has their fingers in their ears about anything good.

Undoubtedly to give us a laugh, eh? Lol Yes, there'd be a lot less background noise if Trump would stop with some of the rhetoric, but given what he puts up with every day, that chip on his shoulder's understandable. Tillerson? He went rogue instead of sticking with the boss's game plan...

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:02 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 23 May 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

So spare me.

:clap:

Both of those two were nevertrumpers from the beginning if anyone remembers?

I love the fact that Trump fires defective employees instead of like most others wasting time tolerating years of incompetance, insubordination and disloyalty.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users