RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Anger over 'naked men' at unisex changing rooms in Bath - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anger over 'naked men' at unisex changing rooms in Bath Here Surprised Cat, here kitty kitty! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

Anger over 'naked men' at unisex changing rooms in Bath
BBC.com
January 14, 2019

Women claim they are "uncomfortable" seeing men "parading around naked" in front of them at new unisex changing rooms in a leisure centre.

A gender-neutral "changing village" was created as part of a 10m refurbishment at Bath Sports and Leisure Centre.

Leisure centre user Vicky Drew, who has a daughter, 10, said: "Men should be made more aware that this is not on."

GLL, which runs the centre on behalf of the city council, said no-one had reported any inappropriate behaviour.

Mrs Drew said: "For some women this is extremely uncomfortable. It's a safety issue. Women are far more likely to be sexually assaulted in unisex facilities.

"Not everybody with their toddler would like to be confronted by men with everything out."

She added that women were not "parading around naked" and that they "should not have to run the gauntlet of naked men" to reach the single-sex facilities that are accessed via the communal changing rooms.

'No evidence'

Another parent, who did not wish to be named, said: "I don't understand what these men think they're doing.

"I don't believe any normal person would think it is acceptable to shower and walk around a family changing room naked. There are children in there."

And posting on Twitter, "Debz" said: "I know it's 2019 and this is how things are now, but I felt so uncomfortable!"

<Twitter snip>

In a statement, GLL said the new changing facility was a "gender-neutral area commonly used in leisure centres across the country".

"The safety and welfare of our customers and staff is of paramount importance and any reports of unacceptable behaviour are taken extremely seriously.

"Centre staff have not received any reports of any such behaviour," the company added.

A Bath and North East Somerset Council spokesman said there was "no evidence" for the claims.

Link

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:58 PM

View PostCensport, on 14 January 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

BBC.com
January 14, 2019

Women claim they are "uncomfortable" seeing men "parading around naked" in front of them at new unisex changing rooms in a leisure centre.

A gender-neutral "changing village" was created as part of a 10m refurbishment at Bath Sports and Leisure Centre.

Leisure centre user Vicky Drew, who has a daughter, 10, said: "Men should be made more aware that this is not on."

GLL, which runs the centre on behalf of the city council, said no-one had reported any inappropriate behaviour.

Mrs Drew said: "For some women this is extremely uncomfortable. It's a safety issue. Women are far more likely to be sexually assaulted in unisex facilities.

"Not everybody with their toddler would like to be confronted by men with everything out."

She added that women were not "parading around naked" and that they "should not have to run the gauntlet of naked men" to reach the single-sex facilities that are accessed via the communal changing rooms.

'No evidence'

Another parent, who did not wish to be named, said: "I don't understand what these men think they're doing.

"I don't believe any normal person would think it is acceptable to shower and walk around a family changing room naked. There are children in there."

And posting on Twitter, "Debz" said: "I know it's 2019 and this is how things are now, but I felt so uncomfortable!"

<Twitter snip>

In a statement, GLL said the new changing facility was a "gender-neutral area commonly used in leisure centres across the country".

"The safety and welfare of our customers and staff is of paramount importance and any reports of unacceptable behaviour are taken extremely seriously.

"Centre staff have not received any reports of any such behaviour," the company added.

A Bath and North East Somerset Council spokesman said there was "no evidence" for the claims.

Link

:biglaugh:

I suppose they thought that having gender neutral areas automatically meant that male and female genitalia disappears?

#3 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:45 AM

View PostCensport, on 14 January 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

BBC.com
January 14, 2019

'No evidence'

<Twitter snip>

Link

Why are they assuming their gender? It was probably other women who just happened to have XY chromosomes and what would normally appear to be male genitalia. It's time the UK got with the program and threw away all those gender constructs that held them back for so long.

#4 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 14 January 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

I suppose they thought that having gender neutral areas automatically meant that male and female genitalia disappears?

Gotta love Leftardation!

#5 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 14 January 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

No kidding, but we are the ones who deny science and can't be reasoned with.

Oki

#6 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• M dwarf stars

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

There's no evidence that there are naked people in a shower? Or that people take off their clothes in a changing room? What evidence do they need? They designed it that way.

#7 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

View PostBubbajoebob, on 15 January 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

There's no evidence that there are naked people in a shower? Or that people take off their clothes in a changing room? What evidence do they need? They designed it that way.

And the gathering of evidence (photos, video) is banned, so the council people can safely claim their ignorance.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users