RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: A 97-year-old Vet Parachutes Into Normandy, Reenacting D-Day Landing - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A 97-year-old Vet Parachutes Into Normandy, Reenacting D-Day Landing On 75th Anniversary Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

A 97-year-old Vet Parachutes Into Normandy, Reenacting D-Day Landing On 75th Anniversary

Washington Examiner
by John Gage
June 05, 2019 10:34 AM

Excerpt:

A 97-year-old D-Day veteran was part of an air invasion on a Normandy beach again, 75 years after he first hit the beach.

Tom Rice, 97, of San Diego, helped commemorate the invasion Wednesday of Normandy during World War II by Allied troops by parachuting onto the beach while thousands watched.

Rice, one of many jumpers, said he had to brush up on his jumping skills with six months of practice before undertaking the endeavor.

It went perfect, perfect jump. Rice said. I feel great. Id go up and do it all again.

American hero: 97-year-old World War II veteran Tom Rice parachutes once again over Normandy to commemorate the 75th anniversary of D-Day. https://t.co/cBI7LjvzQg#DDay75 #DDay pic.twitter.com/PU8Qy41D8r

Dan Linden (@DanLinden) June 5, 2019

Despite his age, his latest jump went much more smoothly than his original drop.

"I got my left armpit caught in the lower left-hand corner of the door, so I swung out, came back, and hit the side of the aircraft swung out again and came back and I just tried to straighten my arm out and I got free," Rice said of his original jump onto the beach in 1944, calling it "the worst jump I ever had."

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:27 PM

:salute:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic