RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: MN Senate Bans Use of Phones in Cars; Unless Wearing Hijab or Scarf - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MN Senate Bans Use of Phones in Cars; Unless Wearing Hijab or Scarf Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:11 AM

MN Senate Bans Use of Phones in Cars; Unless Wearing Hijab or Scarf

According to the amendment “the use of a scarf or hijab or other items of clothing to hold a device in a hands-free manner” is allowed under the new law.

alphanews.com
By Jake Duesenberg - March 28, 2019

The Republican-led Minnesota Senate yesterday passed a bill (HF 50) to ban cell phone use in vehicles without a hands-free device. This bill previously passed overwhelmingly in the Minnesota House. The bill aims to solve the problem of distracted driving according to its authors. But main opposition to the hands-free bill asserts that distracted driving is already illegal and that the bill would not solve the underlying problem.

An interesting amendment authored by Bobby Joe Champion (DFL – Minneapolis) added language that provided an additional exception to using a phone while driving a vehicle. According to the amendment “the use of a scarf or hijab or other items of clothing to hold a device in a hands-free manner” is allowed under the new law.

My link

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:30 AM

How about a blindfold? :coolshades:

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:54 AM

The Muslim women who wear hijabs do exactly that. They stick the phone by their ear in the hijab to remain 'hands free'. So what?

The new cars I've seen come with technology that allows drivers to talk hands free, but stops the operator from texting while driving.

#4 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:03 AM

I have to ask. How does one dial a phone number with the phone is stuck inside your hijab, Or answer it? Would that not require the use of hands? Or isn't that distracting?

#5 User is online   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:21 AM

View PostLadybird, on 26 April 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

The Muslim women who wear hijabs do exactly that. They stick the phone by their ear in the hijab to remain 'hands free'. So what?

The new cars I've seen come with technology that allows drivers to talk hands free, but stops the operator from texting while driving.

Just how far are some people prepared to go to cheer lead for the enemy within ?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users