RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Bauhausí Peter Murphy Ejected From His Own Concert - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bauhausí Peter Murphy Ejected From His Own Concert Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:21 AM

Bauhaus’ Peter Murphy Ejected From His Own Concert

The goth rock singer was filmed having a physical altercation with venue security

Pitchfork

by Sam Sodomsky
Associate Staff Writer
DECEMBER 14 2018

Peter Murphy of Bauhaus was reportedly ejected from his concert at Nalen in Stockholm, Sweden last night (December 12) after expressing aggressive behavior, as Slicing Up Eyeballs notes (via Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter).

One of the below videos shows Murphy kicking a stage light and throwing a bottle into the crowd. Another video below appears to show Murphy being pinned to the ground by security following a verbal altercation. In a Facebook post on the venue’s event page, concert organizers responded to the reports by claiming that the show was cut short after “the artist acted in an unacceptable way towards the audience and our staff.” The post has since been taken down, though a Nelan representative says the venue didn’t delete it and points out that Murphy’s Facebook page has access to the event listing. Pitchfork has reached out to Murphy’s representatives for more information.

Link

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know most have never heard of this band, but I am a huge fan. I'm seeing this show in Atlanta, Feb 8. Very much looking forward to it. Murphy has always been a prima donna. It is his actions that broke up the band in 83 and 2008. I saw the original line up back in 2006. Great show! Hopeful he can keep his <censored> together to finish up the North American tour.

BTW, Murphy converted to Islam many years ago. I wonder if his aggressive attitude has anything to do with his religion? ;)

This post has been edited by erp: 15 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

#2 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:04 AM

Yep, never heard of em.

#3 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:18 AM

I miss Mitch Miller.

#4 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:53 AM

View Posterp, on 15 December 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know most have never heard of this band, but I am a huge fan. I'm seeing this show in Atlanta, Feb 8. Very much looking forward to it. Murphy has always been a prima donna. It is his actions that broke up the band in 83 and 2008. I saw the original line up back in 2006. Great show! Hopeful he can keep his <censored> together to finish up the North American tour.

BTW, Murphy converted to Islam many years ago. I wonder if his aggressive attitude has anything to do with his religion? ;)

It might explain his attraction to it.

I still like Michael Schenker and go to his concerts when I can. Same for Yngwie Malmsteen. Caught Schenker in Tampa earlier this year, and he had his current singer (Dougie White) and three previous singers (Graham Bonnet, whom I've always been a fan of, Gary Barden, and Robin McCauley) on the tour. Having played in bands, I'm all too familiar with how lead singers can be. So you'd think having four would be a disaster. But they actually get along great, and during the shows (and sound checks) the guys are always clowning around and cutting up with each other. Makes for a great concert.

Funny thing about Schenker, Malmsteen, and Bonnet: They've all quit drinking (and whatever else they were doing), and are all performing better than ever before.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

I was at an Alice Cooper concert in Seattle way back in the early-to-mid 70s where he was arrested immediately after the show, before he even got offstage. I can't remember the official wording of the charges, but it was something about "inciting obscenities".

:lol:

#6 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:39 PM

If it was Jim Morrison it be considered a Tuesday.

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:50 PM

I was going to post this other day, but figured no one would know who they are.

#8 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostLadybird, on 15 December 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

I was going to post this other day, but figured no one would know who they are.

Iím such a huge fan that I even have a guitar signed by David J. ;)

#9 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostKilmerfan, on 15 December 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

I miss Mitch Miller.

:biglaugh:

I am wrapping Christmas packages and listening to Nat King Cole and Dean Martin Christmas records - yes, I have a turntable! Miss the old entertainers.

#10 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:41 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 December 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

I was at an Alice Cooper concert in Seattle way back in the early-to-mid 70s where he was arrested immediately after the show, before he even got offstage. I can't remember the official wording of the charges, but it was something about "inciting obscenities".

:lol:

Back in the day Alice was considered the worst of the worst by some - then he started golfing with Barry Goldwater! Now the other side considers him the worst of the worst! :whistling:

#11 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:13 PM

View PostBootsieBets, on 15 December 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Back in the day Alice was considered the worst of the worst by some - then he started golfing with Barry Goldwater! Now the other side considers him the worst of the worst! :whistling:

They used to say in the 70s that kiss music would drive your pets insane.

#12 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:40 PM

View PostBootsieBets, on 15 December 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Yeah, back in the day Alice Cooper was "shock rock". Not the first by any means (many consider Screamin' Jay Hawkins the first-ever shock rocker), but definitely and deliberately controversial.

I saw him in concert twice, and both shows were memorable to say the least.

B)

#13 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:20 AM

I was always a fan of Bauhaus, and though I liked Murphy's solo stuff, I liked the Love and Rockets more. One might dare say that as a band, they were better without Murphy. He, as with a lot of lead singers, get the diva attitude.

#14 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

View PostCensport, on 15 December 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

It might explain his attraction to it.

I still like Michael Schenker and go to his concerts when I can. Same for Yngwie Malmsteen. Caught Schenker in Tampa earlier this year, and he had his current singer (Dougie White) and three previous singers (Graham Bonnet, whom I've always been a fan of, Gary Barden, and Robin McCauley) on the tour. Having played in bands, I'm all too familiar with how lead singers can be. So you'd think having four would be a disaster. But they actually get along great, and during the shows (and sound checks) the guys are always clowning around and cutting up with each other. Makes for a great concert.

Funny thing about Schenker, Malmsteen, and Bonnet: They've all quit drinking (and whatever else they were doing), and are all performing better than ever before.

I remember Graham Bonnet also was lead singer for Rainbow. One of the songs he did with them was a cover of Since You've Been Gone.

#15 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:38 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 17 January 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

I remember Graham Bonnet also was lead singer for Rainbow. One of the songs he did with them was a cover of Since You've Been Gone.

Yep, and he continued to play that song with Alcatrazz. Still does it in his solo shows; hopefully I'll catch one soon.

Blows me away how he still sounds as good today, at 70, as he did in 1983. My singing voice was gone before I hit 40.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users