RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Rightnation.US Shutting Down (Merged) - RightNation.US

Rightnation.US Shutting Down (Merged) RN Update ? Rate Topic: ****- 2 Votes

#1 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

I've posted this in the Political section and tagged it as news so that the widest audience can see it. A little bit ago Lisa informed the moderators that she's decided to close down Rightnation.us. The site will remain up until the billing cycle ends for the server on or around the 17th. If you have any pictures or favorite discussions you want to save or any contact information you want to share (privately) with your friends here, now would be a good time to do so.

I would like to take this time to thank all of you for an amazing fifteen years here. The site has changed a lot since I started lurking on Hollywood Halfwits, but one thing that hasn't changed is all of you. This group has discussed every topic imaginable together. We haven't always gotten along or always agreed, but that never stopped people from posting. I will miss you all, even our liberal members, the people I've disagreed with, and those who I've had to warn or suspend from time to time. It is amazing how many memories I can think of when it comes to this site. From the two (or three?) exoduses of posters to the smoking threads where We aLl AgReEd to the ghost discussion which I think still holds the record for longest thread. This site and all of you have been a part of my life since before my son was born and almost as long as my marriage. We've all been here a long, long time!

For those of you looking to continue posting or discussing politics, there are a few options I can recommend. There is of course our Facebook group that some or all of you are members on. There is also of course Free Republic. Another option I can strongly recommend is Reddit. For those who aren't familiar with it, it is basically the world's biggest message board and just as anonymous as RN is. There are forums (called Subreddits) for literally every topic you can imagine, from politics, to news, to specific television shows, posting funny animal pictures, auto repair, and more. Any topic you can dream up, there is probably at least one subreddit for it. For politics there are r/politics for everyone, r/conservative for just conservatives, and r/the_donald for the President's strongest supporters, and probably a dozen other ones I'm not familiar with. The format is a little different from ours but isn't especially difficult to learn.

Feel free to post anything you want in this thread and thanks again, all of you.

#2 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

She bought it from someone else why doesn't she sell it to someone else??

#3 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

DAMN!

Since I will not do Facebook, a fond farewell to my internet friends. :wave:

#4 User is offline   Jax 

• Big Cat
  • View blog

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

Thank you for the heads up, T. I have lots of things I want to say but am going to collect my thoughts a bit before I do.

#5 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

Well this sucks....I might have to get a life now...Damn

#6 User is offline   trekqueen 

• an apple for you...
  • View blog

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:48 PM

It has been a fun ride, but the age of classic forums is changing with the way social media has evolved. I've met some crazy fun awesome people here whose friendship I will carry onward.

#7 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

An explanation of why would be nice. Not paying for itself? Can't sell it? Threatened by the CIA/KGB/DNC/RNC?

#8 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

Wow!

And I would have bet that Rightnation would outlive Freerepublic which is perpetually in a fund raising mode, e.g., $90,000 every quarter.

But, yeah, I guess it's kind of goodbye time because I don't know where we'll all be able to gather again to do what we've been doing together here for so many years.

This post has been edited by BerkeleyUnderground: 10 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

#9 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 10 June 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

She bought it from someone else why doesn't she sell it to someone else??

I'd be interested.

Mod T - You've got a PM coming with my contact info.

#10 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 10 June 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'd be interested.

And Adam steps up to the plate

#11 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

Wow. Hard to believe something that's been around so long is about to go away just like that. I haven't ever done "social media", at all.

On top of which, looks like I won't ever get to quite knock off Reggie's Klondike Solitaire high score, either. ;)

Seriously, though, I really don't know too many politically conservative folks in my real life where I live, so this was a great outlet. It actually meant a lot to me to be here. I wonder what Wyn and pict would be posting about this? I'm going to miss so very many of you.

Well, take care of yourselves.

#12 User is offline   Lori 

• Smraty Pnats

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

:( ... just wow... will write more later...

#13 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

View PostLori, on 10 June 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

:( ... just wow... will write more later...

:comfort:

#14 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 10 June 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Wow. Hard to believe something that's been around so long is about to go away just like that. I haven't ever done "social media", at all.

On top of which, looks like I won't ever get to quite knock off Reggie's Klondike Solitaire high score, either. ;)

Seriously, though, I really don't know too many politically conservative folks in my real life where I live, so this was a great outlet. It actually meant a lot to me to be here. I wonder what Wyn and pict would be posting about this? I'm going to miss so very many of you.

Well, take care of yourselves.

Wait....Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

A last minute reprieve is in order

#15 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

View PostBerkeleyUnderground, on 10 June 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Wow!

And I would have bet that Rightnation would outlive Freerepublic which is perpetually in a fund raising mode, e.g., $90,000 every quarter.

But, yeah, I guess it's kind of goodbye time because I don't know where we'll all be able to gather again to do what we've been doing together for so many years.

Free Republic is orders of magnitude larger than RN, at least in terms of monthly traffic. Free Republic has an Alexa rank of 4,372nd most popular site in the US and 21,703rd in the world. RN.us is well below the 1,000,000th mark. Comparatively speaking, we're a neighborhood-bar-and-grill on the Internet.

#16 User is offline   spt 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what will I do without all of you who have helped me through so many rough times in the past few years? I need RN to keep my sanity!!!!!!!!!!!! There are some who are not on facebook that I want to keep in touch with one is Monty. If any of you want to keep in touch with me my email address is sarahthomas519@gmail.com Please reach out to me and let me know your name here.

#17 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 10 June 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'd be interested.

Thanks, I might manage to help.

#18 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

Goodbye all. Has been a greatbrun. I've been here since the buyout. Will miss all....very sad.

#19 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

HOLY CRAP!

What gives? :(

This place has been a source of entertainment and information like no other where we can inform one another? A great way to spend time!

I post on Free Republic and at a couple of other political sites but one is like a drop of water in an ocean in those places as compared to this here?

We have been a family here for over 15 years and this is a total shock!

Hell yes I'll miss this place!

We have been through a lot together here!

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 10 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostSARGE, on 10 June 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

DAMN!

Since I will not do Facebook, a fond farewell to my internet friends. :wave:

Same here.

I will never do facebook, twitter or any other "social media" and I enjoy my anonymity on the internet and will always protect it as much as possible.

Share this topic:

• 51 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users