RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Should You Tip Your Flight Attendant? One Airline Is Encouraging It - RightNation.US

Should You Tip Your Flight Attendant? One Airline Is Encouraging It Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:49 AM

Should You Tip Your Flight Attendant? One Airline Is Encouraging It

CBS4 Denver
January 8, 2019 at 11:09 pm

Excerpt:

DENVER (CBS4) ó They take your order, serve up food and drinks, and come back to clean up. But should you tip your flight attendant? Frontier Airlines is encouraging it.

Flight attendants on the Denver-based airline began accepting individual tips on Jan. 1, according to the Chicago Tribune. Frontier made tipping an option three years ago but, until this year, flight attendants were required to pool tips.

ďWe appreciate the great work of our flight attendants and know that our customers do as well, so [the payment system] gives passengers the option to tip,Ē the Tribune quoted Frontier spokesman Jonathan Freed as stating.

Passengers who order refreshments get a prompt from Frontierís payment system that they have the option to leave a tip.

JT Genter, of ThePoints Guy travel blog, shared a photo of the payment tablet displaying a message that reads, ďGratuities Are Appreciated!Ē It offers customers the options of 15 percent, 20 percent or 25 percent, ďcustom gratuityĒ and ďI prefer not to leave a gratuity.Ē

ďIíve flown more than 350 flights on 51 different airlines in the past three years, but Iíd never experienced an airline ask for a tip,Ē Genter wrote.

Genter expressed mixed feelings about tipping flight attendants.

ďIt feels a bit unprofessional for flight attendants to be seeking tips,Ē he wrote. But he conceded that it might motivate crew members to provide better service.

Some flight attendants and labor unions are reportedly opposed to the tipping policy.

ďThe Association of Flight Attendants International, a union that represents 50,000 flight attendants at 20 airlines including Frontier, opposes the tipping policy, saying attendants should instead be paid higher wages,Ē the Los Angeles Times reported.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:23 AM

No.

#3 User is online   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:51 AM

View PostRock N, on 10 January 2019 - 05:23 AM, said:

No.

:yeahthat:

#4 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

Does it improve service? Will I be treated better if I give a generous tip? And what does that mean? How can they improve service if I am stuck in the middle seat between two large SJWís?

Will I get an extra poor? One more cracker?

I just donít see how they can be worthy of a tip if nothing else changes. It seems like the airline is trying to increase wages through tips instead of paying more to airline personnel. But I guess it beats raising the price of the tickets.

Iím on the fence here. If it improves my service, then sure. But if it SL like that tip line on the Panera receipt, when no extra service is given, then no.

#5 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:42 AM

Enough

#6 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

No

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

Iíve never flown Frontier and now Iíll never do it again!

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:24 AM

View Postzurg, on 10 January 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

Iíve never flown Frontier and now Iíll never do it again!

I flew it once and swore never again. Tiny seats with no leg room (I'm 5'5") and stuff that didn't work. Ever see Final Destination? It reminded me of that, but it was too late get up and run off the plane.

#9 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

View PostLadybird, on 10 January 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

I flew it once and swore never again. Tiny seats with no leg room (I'm 5'5") and stuff that didn't work. Ever see Final Destination? It reminded me of that, but it was too late get up and run off the plane.

Iíve heard bad things about Frontier, Spirit and Allegiant. Iím not inclined to find out for myself. If I canít afford a $300 round trip fare somewhere, then I just wonít go.

#10 User is offline   spt 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

I flew Frontier when I flew to Las Vegas. The plane was 5 hours late taking off because they didn't have a pilot that could legally fly. We had to wait until the pilot went and took a nap before taking off. I was ticked and swore never again. They said we would be comped for the delayed trip because of the error. Then when we got their they changed their mind and we didn't get comped for anything,

#11 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

View Postzurg, on 10 January 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

Iíve heard bad things about Frontier, Spirit and Allegiant. Iím not inclined to find out for myself. If I canít afford a $300 round trip fare somewhere, then I just wonít go.

Spirit is awful. By the time you pay for all the extra fees and crap, you could have flown Delta for the same amount of money. I will never fly them unless itís a there and back in a days trip with no luggage and I need to save money by sacrificing comfort. In others words, I wonít fly them again. ;)

Have never flow frontier or allegianct.

However, I avoid flying at all costs if I can. Iíd rather drive 10 hours than go through the hassle of air travel.

#12 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

So glad I fly ANA.

#13 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

If we should be expected to tip the flight attendants, how much should we tip the pilots?

#14 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

View PostMartin, on 10 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

If we should be expected to tip the flight attendants, how much should we tip the pilots?

Depends if the plane lands or not. If not, then none.

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:50 AM

I'm sure glad I don't fly. Period. I've been on an airplane exactly four times: To Anchorage & back in 1974, and to Los Angeles & back in 1982.

Never again.

B)

#16 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 10 January 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

I'm sure glad I don't fly. Period. I've been on an airplane exactly four times: To Anchorage & back in 1974, and to Los Angeles & back in 1982.

Never again.

B)

So you won't be tipping?

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

View PostLongKnife, on 10 January 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

So you won't be tipping?

Yup, I won't be tipping.

Well OK, I like to tip a bottle every now & then...

;)

#18 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

No.

#19 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

View PostMontyPython, on 10 January 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Never again.

B)

Itís obviously not for you then. I fly quite a bit and generally find it pretty enjoyable. But Iím not claustrophobic.

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

View Postzurg, on 10 January 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Itís obviously not for you then. I fly quite a bit and generally find it pretty enjoyable. But Iím not claustrophobic.

I'm not claustrophobic either. My fear of flying comes from my years working in an airplane parts factory. If you saw some of the shabby work that goes into those parts, you'd quit flying too.

:o

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users