RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Oswego woman leaves stinky surprise for ‘porch pirate’ who tried to st - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oswego woman leaves stinky surprise for ‘porch pirate’ who tried to st Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:06 AM

Oswego woman leaves stinky surprise for ‘porch pirate’ who tried to steal delivery

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 / 10:04 AM EST / Updated: Dec 16, 2019 / 10:05 AM EST

OSWEGO, N.Y (WSYR) — A woman from Oswego decided to give a “porch pirate” a gift this holiday season.

Lauren Pepper came home earlier this week to find a man trying to take a deliver off her porch. After a heated exchange, Pepper says the perpetrator ran off. She had a feeling he would be back.

“And I thought, what could I do to mess with these people who try and steal stuff?” Pepper said.

So, she got to work on a plan. Pepper has a two-year-old daughter that would serve as her “little helper.”

<snip>

Link

#2 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:19 PM

As crazy as I am going to sound saying this, it is situations like the lady in the story that make me see how people would want to sign up for the delivery drivers to enter the home and drop of packages. Personally, I have never had an item stolen off my porch, ever - and I don't want them in my house. But if I lived in an area where that wasn't possible, and no safe pickup/drop-off location nearby, I would probably risk it if I ordered a lot.

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

View PostJunto, on 16 December 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

As crazy as I am going to sound saying this, it is situations like the lady in the story that make me see how people would want to sign up for the delivery drivers to enter the home and drop of packages. Personally, I have never had an item stolen off my porch, ever - and I don't want them in my house. But if I lived in an area where that wasn't possible, and no safe pickup/drop-off location nearby, I would probably risk it if I ordered a lot.

I’ve never had that problem either, but I don’t live in the ritzier areas where thieves look for the good stuff, plus it’s kind of woody and off the beaten track. I would consider a PO box if it became a problem. I wouldn’t want strangers having access.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users