RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Ocasio-Cortez: Growing Cauliflower In A Community Garden Is A 'Col - RightNation.US

Ocasio-Cortez: Growing Cauliflower In A Community Garden Is A 'Col Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   GhostOfAndrewJackson 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:42 PM

View PostBirddog, on 22 May 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

It's not even like we horded it, just about anyone who asked was welcome to come and pick but the thieves would break down the trees and vines and just trash the place.

Exactly, most gardeners and growers are very generous people, most are delighted to make gifts of their bounty, but they want to volunteer it or at a minimum be asked.

I grow a number of pears, but their is one early variety that is particularly delectable(Harvest Queen); I am always amazed how old friends seem to magically appear around the time that tree ripens - LOL.

This post has been edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson: 22 May 2019 - 11:44 PM

#22 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:37 AM

View PostBirddog, on 22 May 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

When my family was till farming, primarily feed grains and wheat, we'd always put in four to eight rows of green beans, blackeyed peas melons, sweet corn, spinach, tomatoes and other veggies.

Those rows were either 1/4 or half mile rows so it produced several tons of produce. It was intended to feed our family and three others that participated. Every year we would end up needing to post guards on it to keep hordes of thieves from stripping it bare.

In town we also had an orchard with 36 fruit trees, and planted 30-50 thornless blackberries along the fence. Same problem, even though it produced a couple of tons of fruit every year we couldn't keep the looters out even after we surrounded it it with a hotwire fence.

People will steal you blind in the blink of an eye if you give them the opportunity. It's not even like we horded it, just about anyone who asked was welcome to come and pick but the thieves would break down the trees and vines and just trash the place.

These theives are just like those who try to rob lottery winners. They see the garden and farm owners as people who have received their bounties for free by nature so they are required to give it all away to them because they are entitled to everything they see as gotten for free by anyone. I know this because several of the thieves that I have caught had told me so.

Never mind any of the hard work that went into planting and working the garden, buying the land for it, paying the taxes or earning the money to buy hundreds of lottery tickets before ever winning?

They do not believe that such are private property and they are entitled to it as much as the owner.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM

#23 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:51 AM

View PostRock N, on 23 May 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

These theives are just like those who try to rob lottery winners. They see the garden and farm owners as people who have received their bounties for free by nature so they are required to give it all away to them because they are entitled to everything they see as gotten for free by anyone. I know this because several of the thieves that I have caught had told me so.

Never mind any of the hard work that went into planting and working the garden, buying the land for it, paying the taxes or earning the money to buy hundreds of lottery tickets before ever winning?

They do not believe that such are private property and they are entitled to it as much as the owner.

Never mind they are all completely able bodied and if they where simply willing to work or at least help out a neighbor here and there(or be neighborly per sei) most who have a garden would gladly share produce. But nope, like most thieves they are lazy a$$ed f's who simply make a living by taking what is not theirs. I happily share excess with my neighbors and co workers. And, at the same time I know should I need help with something(or they need help) we got each others backs. THAT'S WHAT A NEIGHBORHOOD IS.
People looking out for each other, helping each other, little things etc etc etc. It isn't one religion or another, one political view vs another. It's a simple way of doing things, respect, comradeship, etc etc etc.

Oki

#24 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:41 PM

Apparently Princess Dipshidt is unaware of the fact that farmers have been rotating crops for quite some time since the 1700's...

Her awareness of reality in any time seems woefully lacking, so I suggest that she stick to slurping wine while putting together her latest IKEA purchase and leave the thinking to people capable of higher brain function.

#25 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:06 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 24 May 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

Apparently Princess Dipshidt is unaware of the fact that farmers have been rotating crops for quite some time since the 1700's...

Her awareness of reality in any time seems woefully lacking, so I suggest that she stick to slurping wine while putting together her latest IKEA purchase and leave the thinking to people capable of higher brain function.

Apparently Princess Dioshidt is “unaware.”

All that needs to be said.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users