RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Gun Prohibitionists Re-Packaging Gun Control as Public Health Crisis - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gun Prohibitionists Re-Packaging Gun Control as Public Health Crisis Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:54 PM

GUN PROHIBITIONISTS RE-PACKAGING GUN CONTROL AS PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS

Canada Free Press
By Second Amendment Foundation
Bio and Archives
July 18, 2019

excerpt:

BELLEVUE, WA – The billionaire-supported gun prohibition movement has re-packaged its gun control agenda as a public health crisis, trying to convince the public that the cure to violent crime is to amputate the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment Foundation said today.

“They couldn’t sell gun control as crime control,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “Then they couldn’t sell gun control as gun safety. Now they’re trying to convince the public that gun ownership is a public health issue.

“But this isn’t about public health,” he added. “This is all about politics. They’ve repackaged their agenda, but it’s the same old snake oil in a different bottle, and their strategy is right out of the gun control playbook.”

SAF, which hosts Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership as one of its priority projects, said the public should be alarmed at this campaign to equate gun ownership to a communicable disease. The SAF/DRGO project is a counter to the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and its Center for Gun Policy and Research. Billionaire anti-gun-rights former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has reportedly donated $2.9 billion to the university over the years.

“What will they do next,” Gottlieb wondered, “attack freedom of speech as a mental health problem if someone openly disagrees with their crusade for public disarmament?

<SNIP>

LINK

The contemptible creativity of the left on display again. Treacherous as ever.

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

As an alternative way to get at betamales and soccermoms who emote rather than think

#3 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:39 AM

Export our ghettos as a public health crisis. Two killed, 36 wounded in Chiraq as of 8:00 pm.

#4 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:35 AM

Albert Einstein famously said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Insanicrats are slow to get the message, but there's ample proof that an individual who gives up his / her right to self protection is essentially giving up all their rights. And while Leftists dance around the reason the 2nd amendment exists, to protect this nation from foreign and domestic threats sums it up nicely. Edited to add: And enabling a woman to stop a rapist dead in his tracks is a nice little bonus..

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 22 July 2019 - 05:40 AM

#5 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:31 AM

A couple quick bits.

We all talk about how the areas with the tightest restrictions have the most crime. While true, if looser laws caused crime then an entire area such as a state with less restrictions should see similar stats right?

Take Wisconsin.

Population just under six million. About 240 murders a year.
Well, if it less restrictive laws are the cause then why does Milwaukee(about 590,000) account for over half the murders annually?
Shouldn't it be evenly dispersed? Shouldn't cities like Madison or Green Bay account for the totals uniformly?
This is a case study that it's not a laws issue.

Or, Guns INCLUDING THE MODERN TYPES SOOOO demonized have been around since at least the early sixties. That's right, AK's, AR's and the like have been available to the public for well over 50 years.
Yet Mass Shootings where extremely rare. Again, begs the question why doesn't it? Ask yourself what has changed.

Isn't it telling that in the early to mid 80's the nut houses where by in large closed, it became next to impossible to involuntarily commit someone, Prescription Drug use exploded and within a decade or so mass shootings increased to the point that they started to become a near regular occurrence?

Ask yourself why where the poorest parts of American cities stills safer during the Great Depression then they are know? There where no Gun Law either. You didn't have age requirements, waiting periods, or back ground checks. And yes, magazine fed semi auto's where available. Prior to 1934(I believe it was 1934) you could even own a full auto with ease.
Yet for some reason we didn't have scores shot and killed in one weekend, mass shootings on a near regular scale, kids shooting each other. Why is that? If it was a guns problem shouldn't it have been worse? I mean near third world levels of poverty, very easy access to guns. Again, why weren't the poor neighborhoods of our big cities awash in Blood during the great depression like they are know?

Oki

#6 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:39 AM

Because back in the day, most Americans of African descent had a father living at home, and the culture did not glorify a sub culture of thugs and ho's.

#7 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:30 AM

Here's a thought, let's repackage zero tolerance crime enforcement as, wait for it, a solution to a Public Health Crisis!

#8 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:55 AM

This is not the first time they've tried this. Back in 1996 the CDC was doing "studies" about gun violence. I also believe at some point there was an amendment to a spending bill that disallowed the CDC from using any government money to conduct such studies. Then Obama tested the waters again on having the CDC conduct "studies" again. I even think there was a thread on this board about it.

This post has been edited by Italian Biker: 22 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

#9 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:33 PM

I think they actually have something even more devious on their minds. I think they understand that criminals won’t give up their guns, ever. So what they’re planning to do then, is to actually get guns just from legal owners. Two benefits.

1) reduces ability of legal armed resistance - this works to their power grabbing ends.
2) keeps inner city blacks killing each other - this works to their desire to get rid of blacks when they have full power

I’m not saying it’s realistic, but I could see the Left fantasizing along those lines. I know for a fact that they don’t care about blacks or other minorities. That’s pretty obvious - they only care about themselves.

#10 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:41 PM

What they lack in originality, they make up for in repetition..

#11 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostItalian Biker, on 22 July 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

This is not the first time they've tried this. Back in 1996 the CDC was doing "studies" about gun violence. I also believe at some point there was an amendment to a spending bill that disallowed the CDC from using any government money to conduct such studies. Then Obama tested the waters again on having the CDC conduct "studies" again. I even think there was a thread on this board about it.

I might be thinking of another one, but IIRC, the study during Bobo's occupation was suppressed/shelved due to the results either evidencing against or disproving a lot of the leftist propaganda.

#12 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:16 AM

View Postzurg, on 22 July 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

I think they actually have something even more devious on their minds. I think they understand that criminals won’t give up their guns, ever. So what they’re planning to do then, is to actually get guns just from legal owners. Two benefits.

1) reduces ability of legal armed resistance - this works to their power grabbing ends.
2) keeps inner city blacks killing each other - this works to their desire to get rid of blacks when they have full power

I’m not saying it’s realistic, but I could see the Left fantasizing along those lines. I know for a fact that they don’t care about blacks or other minorities. That’s pretty obvious - they only care about themselves.

#3 it keeps and actually grows an underclass that is both dependent on gov for their existence, protection AND Is intentionally dumbed down as to continually vote for them.
In part to 'save them' and in part because of carefully contrived false narratives.
#4 once this underclass is large enough whom ever caters to and keeps them poor, dependent on Gov for everything and dumbed down will fore ever stay in power.

Oki

#13 User is offline   Ma Deuce 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:36 PM

And when they successfully confiscate all firearms, what's next? One of my hobbies is plinking with high powered air rifles and air pistols. Yet it amazes me how restrictive some states are with even these (Such as Illinois) when by definition an airgun isn't a real firearm because it doesn't use a chemical propellent to discharge a round.

After taking away airguns, they'll probably come after our slingshots. Because anything that can be construed as a weapon is a threat to their hold on power.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users