RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Newsweek Magazine Would Rather Back North Korea Than Defend Trump - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newsweek Magazine Would Rather Back North Korea Than Defend Trump Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

Newsweek Magazine Would Rather Back North Korea Than Defend Trump

https://www.chicksontheright.com
Kimber
August 11, 2017

Article:

I’ve said it before, the Mainstream Media is so obsessed with hating Donald Trump, they will do ANYTHING to make him look bad. It turns out, that includes taking North Korea’s side in rising tensions over nuclear threats. Yes, really.

Their latest headline on the matter? “North Korea: Senile Donald Trump Plays Too Much Golf.”

With everything that’s going on, THAT is what they think is most important….because they think it makes Trump look bad: their one and only goal.

Here’s the story, and it actually sounds like a freaking parody:

President Donald Trump really (really) loves golf, which isn’t a particularly uncommon trait of an older, wealthy guy. But hitting the links while the country you lead is driving toward potential nuclear war, is not exactly the best image to project to millions of Americans.

But that’s what Trump did this week, and even North Korea—the potential adversary in the aforementioned nuclear war—was critical of the golf outing. They took a shot at Trump’s ongoing vacation in Bedminster, New Jersey, in a somewhat overlooked section of a high-profile statement threatening the United States territory of Guam.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Newsweek is still in print? What's their circulation these days? 5? 6?

B)

#3 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 August 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Newsweek is still in print? What's their circulation these days? 5? 6?B)

Newsweak's own figures report US circulation of 100,000, total worldwide 200,000. But, that's according to Newsweak, so I assume it's an exaggeration.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostMartin, on 12 August 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Newsweak's own figures report US circulation of 100,000, total worldwide 200,000. But, that's according to Newsweak, so I assume it's an exaggeration.

Yup.

Obviously, my "5? 6?" was a deliberate underestimation, but I did it for amusement purposes. They are just as obviously overestimating, but they expect to be taken seriously.

B)

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

B)

They're probably subsidized by our tax dollars, just like with PBS and other leftist propaganda outlets.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostRock N, on 12 August 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

They're probably subsidized by our tax dollars, just like with PBS and other leftist propaganda outlets.

Wouldn't surprise me, LOL. And that would be a good reason why they'd feel they hafta exaggerate their circulation numbers: They're worried if the accurate numbers ever came out, they'd no longer be considered "too big to fail".

:lol:

#7 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

They went out of print in '12. Then International Business Times (IBT) bought the name and resurrected the print edition in '14.

View PostMartin, on 12 August 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

And how much of that is PAID circulation? At regular price? Newsweek is one of those magazine often given away as 'premiums' or 'rewards' with various programs. It's also one of those magazines that, if you're a business, you can get for free for your lobby or waiting room.

Mercury Magazines, your source for free business publications - Get Newsweek for Free!

EBSCO Mags: Free Magazine Subscriptions and Their Alternatives

(Other mags you can get for free for your lobby or waiting room include Field & Stream, Popular Science, Sports Illustrated, to name a few. Every wonder why, whenever to go to a doctors office anywhere, they all have the same magazines?) 20 Free Magazine Subscriptions With No Strings Attached

So maybe all this means is that there are 100,000 doctor's offices getting a free Newsweak that nobody ever reads.

EtA: We used to get Newsweak for free at the Smithee Organization. Now we get Entertainment Weekly, which I've found to be MUCH more serious and credible and thought-provoking than Newsweak. ;) I'm still not sure how we got either one, they just started showing up in the mail one week.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 12 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

#8 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

From the Huff''n'Puff: "Newsweek lost more than half of its subscribers between 2007 and 2010, plunging from 3,077,771 subscribers to 1,535,930. Ad pages also declined 60 percent from 2002 to 2012. Overall circulation also fell by 50 percent from 3.2 million in 1992 to 1.5 million in 2012, with the most steep drop occurring from 2007 and 2010."

I wonder what Newsweak was doing from 2007 to 2010 which would have repelled half of their subscribers?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51FK2s1OLwL.jpg

#9 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:45 PM

Obviously Trump don't feel it's worth his time to spend worrying about Little Kim, so he CAN go and golf.

#10 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

B)

right? It's thickness is down to a pamphlet. I dont' see it anywhere but doctor's offices.

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 14 August 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

right? It's thickness is down to a pamphlet. I dont' see it anywhere but doctor's offices.

Yup. And as Smithee correctly pointed out, doctors' office copies don't necessarily represent "paid subscriptions"; They're much more likely to be a free-distribution "complimentary" copy.

B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users