RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Rolling Thunder Riders Hope Trump Lives Up To Promise To Continue Even - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rolling Thunder Riders Hope Trump Lives Up To Promise To Continue Even Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:03 AM

Rolling Thunder Riders Hope Trump Lives Up To Promise To Continue Event

Washington Examiner
by Julio Rosas
May 26, 2019 05:28 PM

Excerpt:

Riders at Sunday's Rolling Thunder motorcycle convoy said they're optimistic President Trump follows through on his morning pledge that the imperiled event will carry on after this year.

The Sunday morning tweet implied Trump would take action to continue, which is threatened by costs for park fees, permits, and other issues of access to Pentagon property and nearby sites.

The Great Patriots of Rolling Thunder WILL be coming back to Washington, D.C. next year, & hopefully for many years to come. It is where they want to be, & where they should be. Have a wonderful time today. Thank you to our great men & women of the Pentagon for working it out!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 26, 2019

The 31-year-old Rolling Thunder motorcycle event, to honor veterans and remember prisoners of war, is slated to end after this weekend. In addition to costs, organizers said this year would be the last ride, blaming the Pentagon's bureaucracy.

Some riders who spoke with the Washington Examiner, many of whom revealed it was their first time participating, expressed mixed feelings of honor and sadness to ride in the potential final event.

*snip*

The Rest

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:16 AM

I'm sorry to see it might be discontinued, but I understand about rising costs and bureaucratic complications.

:usabiker:

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

But, but... Trump is such a big ol' meanie! :crybaby:

He said that the Pentagon arranged this?
Collusion! Time to investigate! Special council!
Impeach! Impeach! Impeach! :rant: :tantrum:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/images/smileys/explode.gif

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 27 May 2019 - 07:21 AM

#4 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:15 PM

Bike Week in Daytona Beach, Fla., and the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, S.D., are two of the biggest, drawing anywhere from 500,000 to 700,000 participants. Those events, however, take place over the course of an entire week. Rolling Thunder's Ride for Freedom attracted more than 500,000 riders in 2018 for a single day.

I've never been to Daytona Beach, so I know nothing about that, but I have been to Sturgis' Rally quite a few times. While it's true Sturgis takes place over the course of a week, it is also put on by the population of a town slightly less than 7000. It would seem that if a town of 7000 can prepare for a rally bringing in 500,000+ (740,000 in 2015), a city the size of DC, with knowledge every year that the RT Riders are coming, can prepare for them. And sorry, I don't believe the Pentagon's excuses. I hate to see the national ride end, but am happy they plan to continue the chapter rides.

#5 User is offline   GhostOfAndrewJackson 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:16 PM

How sad. I am not a biker but I have participated in several patriotic biker events. Tony Cutrano co-founder pf the Illinois Motorcycle Freedom Run and one of the founders of a memorial wall dedicated to military personnel killed in the Middle East conflicts was friend of mine. when we did radio, we had on many patriotic biker organizations. My point is, these events bring together Democrat bikers, Republican bikers, Libertarian bikers, and non-partisan bikers, all acting in unity as Americans for a common cause, these days that is a rarity. It is a shame to see such a unifying event go by the wayside.

This post has been edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson: 27 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

#6 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

One of two hypotheses. Either the city or Pentagon is taking the event for granted and milking it or someone is making it "cost prohibitive" in order to force it to out. Shame on the former. To hell with the latter.

#7 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 28 May 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

One of two hypotheses. Either the city or Pentagon is taking the event for granted and milking it or someone is making it "cost prohibitive" in order to force it to out. Shame on the former. To hell with the latter.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, which, I'm not, but if I was, I would say this situation is purposefully done by the democrats for the sole purpose that the dems running for president will twist this into something that is Trump's fault. That he doesn't care about veterans or fallen veterans, etc..... But I"m not a conspricy theorist, so I wouldn't say it.

#8 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:25 PM

View PostItalian Biker, on 28 May 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

If I was a conspiracy theorist, which, I'm not, but if I was, I would say this situation is purposefully done by the democrats for the sole purpose that the dems running for president will twist this into something that is Trump's fault. That he doesn't care about veterans or fallen veterans, etc..... But I"m not a conspricy theorist, so I wouldn't say it.

And if was was one too (but Im not), Id go :yeahthat: but Im not so I wont.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users