RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: First Amendment controversy brews over Texas high school's prayer - RightNation.US

Jump to content

First Amendment controversy brews over Texas high school's prayer Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is online   Howsithangin 

  • I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,510
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Whoa, hold on a second. For decades, the word "God" hasn't been mentionable on school grounds, Bibles can't be read on students free-reading periods, crucifixes are verboten around students & faculty necklines, and pre-school hour prayer groups cannot assemble on school grounds. But a muslim prayer room is ok?

Pardon me?
0

#22 User is online   Howsithangin 

  • I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,510
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

View PostRock N, on 20 March 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

They don't pray silently at the Amazon.com fulfillment center where my brother works.

They also are allowed time on the clock to get out their prayer rugs (not on their breaks) and bow down and pray whereas everyone else who works there aren't allowed to do anything like that at all. Everyone else would get written up.
These Muslims are being given special privileges that are not in the company's written rules/policy for employees.

Somebody ought to sue them.

But my brother just goes along to get along and doesn't want to stir up anything like these muzzies do.

It's starting. :ph34r:

View PostLongKnife, on 20 March 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

According to this article the room was established initially to accommodate muslim students. I know of no other accommodations made to other faiths besides banning their practice or imposing silence.

Separation of Church & State, not Mosque & State, dummy
0

#23 User is online   LongKnife 

  • Don't start none, won't be none.
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 2,597
  • Joined: 10-November 04

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 20 March 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

Separation of Church & State, not Mosque & State, dummy

Oh yeah, I forgot. :doh:
0

#24 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

  • Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,741
  • Joined: 01-April 03

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

View PostLadybird, on 20 March 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

They pray silently. What would you think happens?

YNBAFRT
0

#25 User is online   Howsithangin 

  • I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,510
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

View PostLadybird, on 20 March 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

They pray silently. What would you think happens?

Liberals within 200 feet burst into flame? :shrug:
0

#26 User is online   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,660
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 20 March 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

YNBAFRT

I know what Y and F stand for...
0

#27 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 9,468
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 20 March 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Whoa, hold on a second. For decades, the word "God" hasn't been mentionable on school grounds, Bibles can't be read on students free-reading periods, crucifixes are verboten around students & faculty necklines, and pre-school hour prayer groups cannot assemble on school grounds. But a muslim prayer room is ok?

Pardon me?


Where is it that all of those things are happening? Certainly not the school in the OP. There are on campus bible study groups.
0

#28 User is online   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,548
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostLadybird, on 22 March 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Where is it that all of those things are happening? Certainly not the school in the OP. There are on campus bible study groups.



Does students leaving during class time to go pray count?

Oki
0

#29 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 9,468
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

View Postoki, on 23 March 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Does students leaving during class time to go pray count?

Oki

The muslim kids were leaving school grounds, during their lunch hour, to pray on Fridays. The school let them use an empty classroom, which is open to any one to do so. Maybe the attorney general would be happier if the kids prayed on Sunday when the school is closed, but they don't.
0

#30 User is online   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,548
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostLadybird, on 23 March 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

The muslim kids were leaving school grounds, during their lunch hour, to pray on Fridays. The school let them use an empty classroom, which is open to any one to do so. Maybe the attorney general would be happier if the kids prayed on Sunday when the school is closed, but they don't.



You sure about that?

https://www.rt.com/u...us-schools-060/

A high school near Washington DC has taken a rare step of accommodating Muslim prayer during class hours.


Currently, about 10 Muslim students have earned the right to pray, and are reportedly allowed eight minutes each day for a joint prayer on campus. Another high school student is working hard to raise his grades to join the group, all of whom belong to Muslim Students' Association, Logan said.

It is hoped that allowing prayer will motivate Muslim students to improve their overall school performance.

Talk about a double whammy. If you want to be in accordance to your faith you have to get good grades, that isn't discrimination at all...



http://www.twincitie...-of-all-faiths/

GREEN BAY, Wis. – Four Muslim students at Keller Elementary School in Green Bay slip out of class or recess about noon each day to pray in a tiny alcove. For five to 10 minutes, the group of girls is not distracted by passing students.


http://www.christian...d-by-all-66216/

"[It] takes maybe three to five to 10 minutes, not very long at all. They can get up from class, they don't disrupt the class, do their prayer, go back to class," said Dorff, according to WLUK-TV.

Principal Mark Flaten told the Green Bay Press-Gazette that the students miss “a minute or two of instruction” and that “the loss is minimal." "They don't miss any classes, and we have rooms that aren't utilized at that time.


Thinking like this is why I was never really impressed by this guy, my oldest graduated from West High last year.
Although 'technically' a minority herself it never ceased to pi$$ her of the constant special treatment she saw given to various groups.




By the way, the whole flap we had in Brillion(Ariens Manufacturing) was do a group of Somali Muslims who refused to use dedicated/authorized breaks(2 per shift) for prayers and or meals.


Oki
0

#31 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 9,468
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

View Postoki, on 23 March 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

You sure about that?

https://www.rt.com/u...us-schools-060/

A high school near Washington DC has taken a rare step of accommodating Muslim prayer during class hours.


Currently, about 10 Muslim students have earned the right to pray, and are reportedly allowed eight minutes each day for a joint prayer on campus. Another high school student is working hard to raise his grades to join the group, all of whom belong to Muslim Students' Association, Logan said.

It is hoped that allowing prayer will motivate Muslim students to improve their overall school performance.

Talk about a double whammy. If you want to be in accordance to your faith you have to get good grades, that isn't discrimination at all...



http://www.twincitie...-of-all-faiths/

GREEN BAY, Wis. – Four Muslim students at Keller Elementary School in Green Bay slip out of class or recess about noon each day to pray in a tiny alcove. For five to 10 minutes, the group of girls is not distracted by passing students.


http://www.christian...d-by-all-66216/

"[It] takes maybe three to five to 10 minutes, not very long at all. They can get up from class, they don't disrupt the class, do their prayer, go back to class," said Dorff, according to WLUK-TV.

Principal Mark Flaten told the Green Bay Press-Gazette that the students miss “a minute or two of instruction” and that “the loss is minimal." "They don't miss any classes, and we have rooms that aren't utilized at that time.


Thinking like this is why I was never really impressed by this guy, my oldest graduated from West High last year.
Although 'technically' a minority herself it never ceased to pi$$ her of the constant special treatment she saw given to various groups.




By the way, the whole flap we had in Brillion(Ariens Manufacturing) was do a group of Somali Muslims who refused to use dedicated/authorized breaks(2 per shift) for prayers and or meals.


Oki


I don't see in any of those stories where students are being lead to pray by staff or outside clergy, unlike this one. These are student lead activities and religious accommodations, which are legal in public schools and are done for children of various faiths across this country.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 23 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

0

#32 User is online   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,548
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostLadybird, on 23 March 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I don't see in any of those stories where students are being lead to pray by staff or outside clergy, unlike this one. These are student lead activities and religious accommodations, which are legal in public schools and are done for children of various faiths across this country.



I was speaking on how one group is getting special accommodations under the guise of it being available to anyone and everyone. My whole point was that this is happening during times which are supposed to be for learning.

But what your posting is just as wrong and the people who forced this should be fired.

Oki
0

#33 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 10,827
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostLadybird, on 23 March 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

The muslim kids were leaving school grounds, during their lunch hour, to pray on Fridays. The school let them use an empty classroom, which is open to any one to do so. Maybe the attorney general would be happier if the kids prayed on Sunday when the school is closed, but they don't.


Yes, maybe the Muslim kids should start worshipping during non-school hours or even on Sunday. Maybe they should change to be more in line with the prevalent culture and assimilate.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users