RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Progressives: White Women Need Accountability And ‘A Lot Of Learning’ - RightNation.US

Progressives: White Women Need Accountability And ‘A Lot Of Learning’ After Failing To Vote Uniformly For Left-Wing Candidates Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:45 AM

Progressives: White Women Need Accountability And ‘A Lot Of Learning’ After Failing To Vote Uniformly For Left-Wing Candidates

HotAir
John Sexton
Posted at 7:23 pm on November 7, 2018

Excerpt:

With the loss of Beto O’Rourke, Stacey Abrams, and Andrew Gillum, progressives and feminists were looking to explain why far left candidates have so much trouble winning elections. The conclusion some of them reached: White women aren’t voting for their interests and are instead supporting the patriarchy. Let’s start with this tweet by the Women’s March:

There needs to be accountability and an honest reckoning. There’s a lot of work to do, white women. A lot of learning. A lot of growing.

We want to do it with you.
Stay tuned. https://t.co/nN0cFqqmy5

— Women's March (@womensmarch) November 7, 2018

So the white women who voted for Rafael Edward Cruz are racist but the ones who voted for Robert Francis O’Rourke aren’t?

To say all of this is creepy and condescending is really to undersell it a bit. What kind of “accountability” does the Women’s March have in mind? The riff about a lot of learning and growing, which they want to do with these women, makes me wonder if they’re envisioning some form of mandatory re-education. Of course, the Women’s March wouldn’t call it that but what are we talking about here? It’s a little too 1984 for me.

There’s also the question of what “White women gonna white” is supposed to mean in the tweet they RTd? If you look at the numbers, it seems it was black women who voted uniformly as a block. White women split their vote, almost evenly in the case of DeSantis. So the problem here isn’t that white women voted too much the same, it’s that they didn’t do it enough, i.e. one uniform block supporting progressives. Maybe that’s because some women see things, I don’t know, differently?

Jill Filipovic immediately concluded the problem was racism.

*snip*

The Rest

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:17 AM

This white woman is happy to school progressives who think they have the right to force their views on me under the guise of 'teaching'.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:45 AM

There’s also the question of what “White women gonna white” is supposed to mean in the tweet they RTd? If you look at the numbers, it seems it was black women who voted uniformly as a block. White women split their vote, almost evenly in the case of DeSantis. So the problem here isn’t that white women voted too much the same, it’s that they didn’t do it enough, i.e. one uniform block supporting progressives. Maybe that’s because some women see things, I don’t know, differently?

Jill Filipovic immediately concluded the problem was racism.

Yup, standard leftist cognitive dissonance - Black women vote almost uniformly as a bloc, especially for black candidates; White women don't, and they conclude it's the white ones who are being influenced by "racism"??

Freaking insanity. Leftists are insane.

:nuts:

#4 User is offline   RIPUSA 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:02 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 November 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

Yup, standard leftist cognitive dissonance - Black women vote almost uniformly as a bloc, especially for black candidates; White women don't, and they conclude it's the white ones who are being influenced by "racism"??

Freaking insanity. Leftists are insane.

:nuts:

Black people can't be racist. Didn't you know that?

Not sure why? I think it has something to do with people, whom I've never met, were apparantly rather mean to people, whom I've also never met, hundreds of years ago. For some reason, I'm supposed to feel guilty about it, and allow black people to do and say what they want to me.

#5 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:44 AM

I really just want to slap progressives...with a cast iron frying pan.

Any time they don't get their way, someone else needs to be educated. If they had an ounce of intelligence, themselves, they wouldn't be progressives.

#6 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:54 AM

"White women gonna white"

:crybaby: :tantrum:

Although I guess it's a good thing that the left doesn't even try to hide their depravity anymore. :shrug:

#7 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:31 AM

The Dems threw the straight white males under the bus a long time ago, followed by the gay white males as their privilege keeps them out of the promised land too. Next up, white women. No wonder they need to import 3rd world voters because you can only disenfranchise your own supporters for so long before they leave you.

#8 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:03 AM

View PostJunto, on 08 November 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

The Dems threw the straight white males under the bus a long time ago, followed by the gay white males as their privilege keeps them out of the promised land too. Next up, white women. No wonder they need to import 3rd world voters because you can only disenfranchise your own supporters for so long before they leave you.

Divide and conquer

#9 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:40 AM

I am proud to say I am a white woman who "whited". Is that how I would say I voted for the candidates of my choice instead of how a mob thinks I should vote? I mean, if I'm going to white, I guess in the past I whited.

P.S. I didn't vote the way my straight white male patriarch told me to either. I voted the way I wanted to. Straight Republican.

#10 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 08 November 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

I am proud to say I am a white woman who "whited". Is that how I would say I voted for the candidates of my choice instead of how a mob thinks I should vote? I mean, if I'm going to white, I guess in the past I whited.

P.S. I didn't vote the way my straight white male patriarch told me to either. I voted the way I wanted to. Straight Republican.

That's might white of you!

:D

#11 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:36 PM

OK, I have a question:..... Michigan White women who DID NOT vote for John James.... Racist or not?

#12 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

View PostDJGoody, on 08 November 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

OK, I have a question:..... Michigan White women who DID NOT vote for John James.... Racist or not?

Not. John James doesn't count! :nono:

:whistling:

#13 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:42 PM

So, you've all been told. Will you white ladies finally fall into line now?

(husbands/SO of white ladies watching in earnest to see how THAT works out)

:tap:

#14 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:55 PM

And what about those white nationalist women who wanted to move to Australia and New Zealand if Donald Trump were elected like: Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Barbara Streisand and Gerorge Stephanopoulos' wife?

How come they don't want to head for the Third World crapholes they want America to become?

This post has been edited by BerkeleyUnderground: 08 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

#15 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

There needs to be accountability and an honest reckoning. There’s a lot of work to do, white women. A lot of learning. A lot of growing.

We want to do it with you.

What the (bleep) could Leftists possibly know about accountability?

And something tells me that they're not open to learning anything from people they don't agree with. So when they say "We want to do it [learn] with you." they really mean "We want to put you in our reeducation camps."

Remember Hillary's "listening tour"? It wasn't Hillary doing the listening.

#16 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

Patricia Heaton, Conservative Women Respond to the Women's March Shaming White Women for Voting Republican

#17 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:26 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 09 November 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

From the article cited:

The group’s ties to anti-Semitism have become too extreme for both Planned Parenthood and now liberal actress Alyssa Milano.

Milano will not speak at the next Women’s March due to the leaders’ refusal to condemn Farrakhan. She said of the March’s leadership that “any time that there is any bigotry or anti-Semitism in that respect, it needs to be called out and addressed. I’m disappointed in the leadership of the Women’s March that they haven’t done it adequately.”

And here I thought nothing would get through that woman's skull. I'm impressed!

#18 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:47 AM

What’s Behind College-Educated, Suburban Women Flipping To Democrats

These women who reside in wealthy suburbs are an odd group. Sometimes they vote on the economy, but their loyalty to the pocketbook only goes so far.

The Federalist
November 7, 2018
By D.C. McAllister

excerpt:

Suburbs in Northern Virginia, New York, and New Jersey, among others across the nation, swung for the Democrats in the midterms, securing their control of the House. College-educated white women in these areas are being credited for the win, giving credence to the women’s movements that have dominated the headlines for the past two years. But this is only part of the story.

These women who reside in wealthy suburbs are an odd group. Sometimes they vote on the economy, but their loyalty to the pocketbook only goes so far. If they think their equality is threatened or health care won’t be available to everyone, they’ll abandon the economy in a heartbeat.

In the 2018 midterms, exit polling showed that voters’ main concern was health care—a whopping 40 percent. Immigration came in second at 23 percent, followed by the economy at 21 percent. Given the Republicans’ goal to whittle away at Obamacare and the notion that this will leave people without coverage or access to health care, it’s not surprising that these women weren’t inspired by the economy to keep the Republican agenda going.

Another issue that affects how many women vote is fear of inequality. For two years, activist groups and politicians beat the drum that the Republicans are threatening women’s rights. New Supreme Court justices could mean overturning Roe v. Wade. Free birth control might end with changes in health care. The Me Too movement created an environment of fear that men are predators, especially those in the Republican Party.

The rhetoric of Trump as sexual deviant in chief filled the pages of women’s magazines. Protests, pussy hats, celebrities wailing about the dehumanization of women even as they objectified themselves rained down on female voters, enlivening their allegiance to equality, even when it’s not actually being threatened.

These two issues, along with hatred of Trump, drove these women to vote blue. They despise Trump, and they always have. They voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, 51 percent to Trump’s 45 percent. Some were Never-Trumper Republicans going for other candidates. They are, at the core, elitist. They didn’t like him then, and they don’t like him now.

Their feelings about Trump negated any objective judgment of his job performance or recognition that his policies and programs have benefited them greatly, including a strong economy and greater security for our nation. Emotionalism won the day.

*SNIP*

LINK

#19 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:46 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 09 November 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

From the article:

She also said white women at the rally needed to go home and urge their families to vote differently, saying, “do not allow people to be comfortable around you supporting racists and bigots.”

...like people who casually toss around the term "white women" as if the entire group should think and vote as they're told.

#20 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:02 AM

Considering the ways that GOP policies and budget priorities adversely impact many womens' ability to participate fully in American life or undermine the progress women have made toward equal rights under the law - and the fact that the GOP simply cannot win elections without white women - their continued support seems worthy of examination IMHO.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users