RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Warren’s Conservative Past Could Be Her Undoing in 2020 Dem Primary - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warren’s Conservative Past Could Be Her Undoing in 2020 Dem Primary Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:20 PM

Warren’s Conservative Past Could Be Her Undoing in 2020 Dem Primary

“Liz was a diehard conservative in those days,” one of Warren’s best friends said about the woman who wants to be the Democrats’ presidential nominee.

Need To Know Network
By NTK Staff
04.12.2019 @9:30am

Excerpt:

A new report from Politico highlighting Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s (D-MA) conservative past could potentially affect the way that Democratic primary voters view the far-left liberal.

Today, Warren is “at the forefront of the progressive wing of the Democratic Party,” Politico’s Alex Thompson wrote. But as recently as 1996, Warren was still a registered Republican.

County governments in New Jersey and Texas, where Warren lived in the 1970s and ’80s, could not locate Warren’s voter registration records, and the senator herself is circumspect about her political past. But records from the time Warren spent living in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts make clear that she was a registered Republican for at least several years of her midcareer adult life. It was not until 1996—when Warren was 47 years old and a newly minted Harvard law professor—that she changed her registration from Republican to Democrat.

When the topic comes up, Warren often tries to avoid elaborating on her Republican past, though she does acknowledge it. She admitted to voting for Gerald Ford in the 1976 presidential election that gave Jimmy Carter one term at the presidency.

Warren’s conservatism focused primarily on economic matters, not social issues. But today, Warren’s far-left liberalism is rooted in her attacks against free markets. Those who knew her during her Republican days are flabbergasted by her positions today.

“I remember the first time I became aware of her as a political person and heard her speak, I almost fell off my chair,” said one professor who was a colleague of Warren’s at the University of Pennsylvania in the late 1980s. “She’s definitely changed. It’s absolutely clear that something happened.”

Others agree:

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:37 PM

Here’s the thing. The economy affects everyone. Social issues are more private. Some leftists want a capitalist economy, but they’re so wrapped up in their pet social issue that they’ll sacrifice everything for the pet.

#3 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostLiz, on 16 April 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

“I remember the first time I became aware of her as a political person and heard her speak, I almost fell off my chair,” said one professor who was a colleague of Warren’s at the University of Pennsylvania in the late 1980s. “She’s definitely changed. It’s absolutely clear that something happened.”

Others agree:

"She hasn't been the same since the accident," said another former colleague. "But it looks like the hair on her head has grown back, at least; it completely hides the scar."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users