RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Students Made To Read Sob-Story About Muslim Boy Named ‘Osama’ On 9/11 - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Students Made To Read Sob-Story About Muslim Boy Named ‘Osama’ On 9/11 Anniversary, Parents Outraged Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

Students Made To Read Sob-Story About Muslim Boy Named ‘Osama’ On 9/11 Anniversary, Parents Outraged

BPR
Frieda Powers
September 14, 2018

Excerpt:

Parents of students in a New Jersey middle school are furious that a teacher skipped a 9/11 anniversary discussion and opted to read a fictional story about a Muslim boy named “Osama” instead.

On the anniversary of the 2001 terror attacks masterminded by Osama bin Laden, a social studies teacher at Glen Meadow Middle School in Vernon Township decided not to have students discuss the day of mourning honoring the thousands killed, the New Jersey Herald reported.

Instead, the teacher presented a lesson on a story titled, “My Name Is Osama,” about a fictional Muslim boy who is bullied because his name is Osama.

“I thought it was a joke at first,” Ed O’Rourke, a parent who pulled his sixth-grade daughter from the class, told the Herald. “I couldn’t believe it.”

According to the Herald:

The story that the teacher had her students read, titled “My Name is Osama,” tells a made-up account of an Iraqi immigrant boy named Osama who faces taunts of “terrorist” in school by several students who tell him his mother, who wears a hijab, has “a bag on her head.” After pushing back against his tormenters, the boy is suspended from school for fighting.

The story included no mention of the ideology behind those who carried out the 9/11 attacks, which O’Rourke said should have been a part of the class discussion as well.

“It would be like, on a day about the Holocaust, doing a made-up lesson about a boy named Adolf being bullied by Jewish kids and saying we shouldn’t blame all Germans — or don’t pick on the poor kid named Adolf on the Jewish holidays,” O’Rourke, a former Marine, said. “It’s grotesque.”

The parents met with Principal Edwina Piszczek and acting Superintendent Charles McKay on Wednesday after O’Rourke contacted school officials.

“They couldn’t have been better as far as letting me vent, and agreed that the timing couldn’t have been more horrific,” O’Rourke told the Herald. “They said they were unaware the teacher was planning to do this and that it fell through the cracks, though when I asked if they were planning any disciplinary action against the teacher, they said they weren’t sure at this point.”

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

Won't be long, 9/11 won't be taught at all if it even is, then that it ever happened at all will be denied.
Mark

#3 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:25 PM

Another reason to home school.

#4 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:48 PM

NEA (Not Educating Anyone) endorses this 100%.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:07 PM

I notice the teacher's name is never mentioned.

<_<

#6 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:30 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 September 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

I notice the teacher's name is never mentioned.

<_<

Of course not, the teacher's union will be up in arms about parents having the gall to question the teacher's decision to do something like that.

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:37 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 16 September 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

Of course not, the teacher's union will be up in arms about parents having the gall to question the teacher's decision to do something like that.

Heaven forbid!

:o

#8 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:41 AM

Yes teacher, reality sucks sometimes. You can't make it go away by pretending it doesn't exist, after a certain age, kids have to find out Santa Claus isn't real. If they don't, we end up with more adults who think the way you do, living in a world of make believe, vulnerable to any lie that makes 'em feel good. Examples: "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor!" Or: "I didn't have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinski!"

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 16 September 2018 - 06:42 AM

#9 User is offline   Inquisitor 

• <no title>

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Oh that wacky Babylon Bee... wait, this is real? Wow.

This post has been edited by Inquisitor: 16 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

It was dumb of the teacher to do this on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

As some sort of lesson on bullying during national bullying week (or whatever), I have no issue with having them read it.

#11 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostLadybird, on 16 September 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

As some sort of lesson on bullying during national bullying week (or whatever), I have no issue with having them read it.

It was also stupid of her to pick a book with the name osama in it. There must be a thousand similar books that use the name mohammed.

#12 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

View Postsearcher, on 15 September 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

Won't be long, 9/11 won't be taught at all if it even is, then that it ever happened at all will be denied.
Mark

There are people on this board who believe 9/11 was faked. People can be stupid.

This post has been edited by corporal_little: 16 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

#13 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:01 PM

Let the rewriting of 9/11 begin

#14 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 15 September 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Another reason to home school.

:thumbsup: x 1,000

Ah yes, using a fabricated story to "start a conversation".

#15 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:45 AM

It wasn't 'dumn' on the teachers part. It was an intentional act due to her belief that 'feelings and PC' is far more important than remembering the nearly 3,000 innocent people who died at the hands of Muslim Terrorists. Much less it's a made up story, something which didn't happen. That teaching kids how to deal with a what if is more important then what did happen. Well, it's not. Children need to know, they need to be angry and hurt over it. It's the only way it won't be forgotten. Tell ya' what, can you imagine if even in the 1950's something like this was done in regards to Pearl Harbor?
And I can promise you Japanese decent kids where bullied. What happened? AFTER THE WAR we made peace, we learned from it we both became better nations, became incredibly close and moved forward. Have we made peace with Islam? Have we won the war? Is there still hostilities and innocent blood being shed in the name of Islam? That doesn't mean bully or harm innocent people just because of their faith. But what it does mean is that we can't put touchy feely crap ahead of remembering the people who died and that there is a very real war being waged and at stake is our entire way of life and western civilization.

Oki

#16 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

WTH?

#17 User is offline   DrinkMoreWorryLess 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:00 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 16 September 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

It was also stupid of her to pick a book with the name osama in it. There must be a thousand similar books that use the name mohammed.

Yeah but they don't have any pictures.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users