RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Rare video of underage marriage in Iran: the 'bride' is 11 - RightNation.US

Rare video of underage marriage in Iran: the 'bride' is 11 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 14 January 2020 - 03:51 PM, said:

Yeeeeeeee-Abba-Dabba-Dooooooooooooooooooo.....

;)

:drinkers:

#22 User is online   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 14 January 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

Her first-EVER public performance was right here in Blaine WA, where I live! In her own words:

Doo began pushing her to perform. “Shy isn’t the word for what I felt onstage,” wrote Loretta. “Terrified is more like it. But Doo came home one day and said he’d got me a job. He’d gone and got me a job singing inside a tavern in Blaine, right on the Canadian border. I’d never been inside a tavern and I’d never sang in public. I was going to be singing with the Penn Brothers and their group The Westerners, with their front man Howard Roedell. I told Doo I didn’t want no job singing in front of people. I argued and cried and carried on, but Doo got his way, just like he always did.” Those early shows were painful for her. “I sang into the microphone and looked at my feet. After every song, I turned my back to the crowd.”

More HERE

My wife's father (now deceased RIP), a professional country-western bass guitar player, insisted he played in Loretta's back-up band at least a couple times back in those earliest days, but of course had no "proof" or "documentation" thereto. But I believe him, because he was always shy & retiring, and would never attempt to "impress" everybody with a "boastful" story. What's more, having been a pro musician myself, I fully understand that the earliest years of any musician's career rarely leave "paperwork" trails. I too have no "proof" of any of my early gigs.

B)

That's really cool. :)

I could never imagine getting up in front of any amount of people and entertaining - especially singing/playing music. I used to play Guitar Hero on the easiest settings.

#23 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

View PostJunto, on 14 January 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

I could never imagine getting up in front of any amount of people and entertaining - especially singing/playing music. I used to play Guitar Hero on the easiest settings.

You'd be surprised how much easier things get after a few beers.... As well how much better some people look to.

#24 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:14 PM

View PostJunto, on 14 January 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

:blush:

I'm guessing "Guitar Hero" is some-video-thingy-or-other, right? Never heard of it...That's how old I am.

#25 User is online   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:02 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 14 January 2020 - 02:46 PM, said:

Wait didn't he wait until she was 10 before he had sex? Was that why 10 sticks in my head?

Goat heh? Talk about unrequited love.

Thanks! That sidelined a what about ism... Oh and I am betting in Minnesota or Michigan, and only in the past 20 years or so along with FGM.

The way I heard it, he married her at 6 and then waited until she was 9 before having sex with her. Nice, huh?

#26 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:07 PM

View PostLadybird, on 14 January 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Nah. No longer interested in the hate circle jerk.

Resume..

Strange how truth is suddenly just hate and a circle jerk. I guess truth is something you can’t bear when it comes to Muslims. But by all means stay away your quiet and inability to defend topics says as much about you as your posts

This post has been edited by Squirrel: 14 January 2020 - 08:08 PM

#27 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:19 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 14 January 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

What do I win?!

:biglaugh:

#28 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:50 PM

View PostAlexis, on 14 January 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

The way I heard it, he married her at 6 and then waited until she was 9 before having sex with her. Nice, huh?

Well, He like mature women, I guess.

#29 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:52 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 14 January 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'm guessing "Guitar Hero" is some-video-thingy-or-other, right? Never heard of it...That's how old I am.

Yep. People spend more on it than actual guitars............

#30 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:54 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 14 January 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

'The Guitar Hero series (sometimes referred to as the Hero series)[1] is a series of music rhythm games first published in 2005 by RedOctane and Harmonix, and distributed by Activision, in which players use a guitar-shaped game controller to simulate playing lead, bass guitar, and rhythm guitar across numerous rock music songs. Players match notes that scroll on-screen to colored fret buttons on the controller, strumming the controller in time to the music in order to score points, and keep the virtual audience excited. The games attempt to mimic many features of playing a real guitar, including the use of fast-fingering hammer-ons and pull-offs and the use of the whammy bar to alter the pitch of notes. Most games support single player modes, typically a Career mode to play through all the songs in the game, and both competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes. With the introduction of Guitar Hero World Tour in 2008, the game includes support for a four-player band including vocals and drums. The series initially used mostly cover versions of songs created by WaveGroup Sound, but most recent titles feature soundtracks that are fully master recordings, and in some cases, special re-recordings, of the songs. Later titles in the series feature support for downloadable content in the form of new songs.'

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Guitar_Hero

#31 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:48 PM

View Postscotsman, on 15 January 2020 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yep. People spend more on it than actual guitars............

View Postscotsman, on 15 January 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

'The Guitar Hero series (sometimes referred to as the Hero series)[1] is a series of music rhythm games first published in 2005 by RedOctane and Harmonix, and distributed by Activision, in which players use a guitar-shaped game controller to simulate playing lead, bass guitar, and rhythm guitar across numerous rock music songs. Players match notes that scroll on-screen to colored fret buttons on the controller, strumming the controller in time to the music in order to score points, and keep the virtual audience excited. The games attempt to mimic many features of playing a real guitar, including the use of fast-fingering hammer-ons and pull-offs and the use of the whammy bar to alter the pitch of notes. Most games support single player modes, typically a Career mode to play through all the songs in the game, and both competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes. With the introduction of Guitar Hero World Tour in 2008, the game includes support for a four-player band including vocals and drums. The series initially used mostly cover versions of songs created by WaveGroup Sound, but most recent titles feature soundtracks that are fully master recordings, and in some cases, special re-recordings, of the songs. Later titles in the series feature support for downloadable content in the form of new songs.'

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Guitar_Hero

Thanks! But they must've gotten the date wrong...It couldn't have been "first published" in 2005, unless they simply copied an earlier game by another company. Lemme explain: In the summer of 2000 I met & fell in love with the woman who is now my wife. By the spring of 2001 we were living together. But now that I've seen the pictures in your links I recognize those "guitar-shaped game controllers" as something I've played...with a previous girlfriend! So they had to exist prior to the summer of 2000.

:shrug:

#32 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:54 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 January 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Thanks! But they must've gotten the date wrong...It couldn't have been "first published" in 2005, unless they simply copied an earlier game by another company. Lemme explain: In the summer of 2000 I met & fell in love with the woman who is now my wife. By the spring of 2001 we were living together. But now that I've seen the pictures in your links I recognize those "guitar-shaped game controllers" as something I've played...with a previous girlfriend! So they had to exist prior to the summer of 2000.

The earlier game was called GuitarFreaks. Notice the copyright date in the below picture. It was mostly an arcade game, the home version for PS2/Nintendo/whatever was never officially released in the USA but someone could have brought one over from the far east on their own.

https://giantbomb1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/2424/499239-gui_logo.gif

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 15 January 2020 - 01:55 PM

#33 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:24 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 15 January 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

The earlier game was called GuitarFreaks. Notice the copyright date in the below picture. It was mostly an arcade game, the home version for PS2/Nintendo/whatever was never officially released in the USA but someone could have brought one over from the far east on their own.

https://giantbomb1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/2424/499239-gui_logo.gif

I believe there where also arcade versions a few years before the home consoles.
Guitar Hero and Rock Band are one of only a handful of games I could and still can actually waste a couple hours on.

#34 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 15 January 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

Well we definitely played this in her home, not an arcade. But the date, at least, seems plausible. I guess it must've been as you suggested: Somebody must've brought one over on their own.

#35 User is offline   Rojo 

• Group: Registered Guest

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:51 AM

I don't understand how anyone can sympathize with these sick people.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users