RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 'The Land Of The Free' Can Still Be A Nation Of Stronger - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

'The Land Of The Free' Can Still Be A Nation Of Stronger Borders And Immigration Laws Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

  • ***-----------***
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 51,189
  • Joined: 28-February 03

  Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:19 AM

'The Land Of The Free' Can Still Be A Nation Of Stronger Borders And Immigration Laws

by Washington Examiner
May 20, 2019 12:00 AM

Excerpt:

Our broken immigration system is what got Donald Trump elected president. The two most recent past presidents have tried and failed to reform it. Trump’s latest framework is a noble one, with main pillars deserving support from both parties and which Congress could easily improve to become an excellent proposal.

The first step of any immigration reform worthy of the name will be stanching the flow of illegal immigration. Trump is calling for spending billions to beef up border security through many means, including a wall. Democrats used to admit walls were good. Hopefully they’ve gotten the Trump-era wall hatred out of their system, and they can support more walls and fencing and other barriers as part of a broader effort to ensure that everyone entering this country is coming in through valid border checkpoints.

Trump’s proposal is moderate in that it aims to shift the composition of immigration without reducing the flow.

Trump would scrap the diversity lottery and curtail chain migration. This is sensible.

Chain migration is the undesired outcome of “family reunification” visas. If you think of family reunification, you may picture an immigrant who comes here, gains citizenship, and is then able to bring his wife and young children behind with him.

Under Trump’s proposal, that would remain unchanged. What would go would be the categories of “family reunification” visas that lead to the massive chain: parents of noncitizens, those parents’ other adult children, those other adult children’s spouses, and thus their parents, and so on. (Trump’s proposal goes too far by ending reunification visas for the spouses and minor children of legal immigrants who are not yet citizens.)

Trump would also scrap the diversity lottery and shift hundreds of thousands of visas over to a skill-based visa program. In his current framework, the net result is approximately the same number of entrants per year as under current law.

Additionally, his plan demands of immigrants that they learn English and understand U.S. civics.

*snip*

Full Editorial
0

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

  • The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,515
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:13 AM

That this even needs to be explained shows how fanatical, how detached from reality The Left has become
0

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,794
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:00 AM

View PostLiz, on 20 May 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

Our broken immigration system is what got Donald Trump elected president. The two most recent past presidents have tried and failed to reform it. Trump’s latest framework is a noble one, with main pillars deserving support from both parties and which Congress could easily improve to become an excellent proposal.



What planet is this author from? Democrats, the media, and some Republicans are going to be automatically against it, for reasons that have nothing to do with "framework" or "pillars" but EVERYTHING to do with the name Trump.
0

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,095
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 20 May 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

What planet is this author from? Democrats, the media, and some Republicans are going to be automatically against it, for reasons that have nothing to do with "framework" or "pillars" but EVERYTHING to do with the name Trump.


Unfortunately, correct. Despite his bluster and tweeting, Trump has shown an amazing amount of patience and willingness to work with these seditious bastards. I still say send the military with tanks and live ammo to put a stop to this. The Constitution gives the President the power to protect us from invasion. Nay, it is his duty. Time to exercise it if Congress continues to "resist".
0

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 57,229
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 20 May 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

That this even needs to be explained shows how fanatical, how detached from reality The Left has become


Yup, perfectly put. Leftists worldwide are brain dead, but American leftists are the worst of the lot.

<_<
0

#6 User is online   Bookdoc 

  • Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,135
  • Joined: 07-September 05

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 20 May 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

Unfortunately, correct. Despite his bluster and tweeting, Trump has shown an amazing amount of patience and willingness to work with these seditious bastards. I still say send the military with tanks and live ammo to put a stop to this. The Constitution gives the President the power to protect us from invasion. Nay, it is his duty. Time to exercise it if Congress continues to "resist".

I blame ALL of this on ryan with help from mcconnell-had they done their job, the dims wouldn't have the House.

This post has been edited by Bookdoc: 21 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

0

#7 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,095
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 21 May 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

I blame ALL of this on ryan with help from mcconnell-had they done their job, the dims wouldn't have the House.


The RINOs surrendered the House with the hope that the Democrats would get rid of PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump for them. Their hands would be clean and they would get cushy K Street jobs. Paul Ryan has pretty much fell off the face of the earth.

The whole conspiracy has been busted wide open. Another reason to let the Democrats control the House. So they can obstruct justice into the investigations into the real crimes that they themselves committed.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users