RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: CBS's Lara Logan Says Media Is 'Mostly Liberal' And Its - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CBS's Lara Logan Says Media Is 'Mostly Liberal' And Its Coverage Of Trump Is A 'Distortion' Of Real Life Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:56 AM

CBS's Lara Logan Says Media Is 'Mostly Liberal' And Its Coverage Of Trump Is A 'Distortion' Of Real Life

Townhall
Lauretta Brown
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 3:50 PM

Excerpt:

CBS’s Lara Logan gave a very candid interview to former U.S. Navy Seal, dog trainer, and author Mike Ritland on his Mike Drop podcast, which was published Friday. Logan called the media “mostly liberal,” criticized overwhelmingly one-sided coverage of President Trump, and said there was “some merit” to calling those in the media “propagandists.”

“You say the media is mostly liberal,” she said to Ritland. “I agree with you. It’s true. Why can I say that with certainty? Well first of all I’ve been part of this for all my life, I’m 47 now and I’ve been a journalist since I was 17 and the media everywhere is mostly liberal not just in the U.S, but in this country 85 percent of journalists are registered Democrats so that’s just a fact.”

She made an analogy between media organizations and the way prayer is divided at the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

“Visually, anyone who’s ever been to Israel and been to the Wailing Wall has seen that the women have this tiny little spot in front of the wall to pray, and the rest of the wall is for the men,” she said. “To me, that’s a great representation of the American media, is that in this tiny little corner where the women pray you’ve got Breitbart and Fox News and a few others, and from there on, you have CBS, ABC, NBC, Huffington Post, Politico, whatever, right? All of them.”“That’s a problem for me,” she explained. “My experience has been that the more opinions you have, the more ways that you look at everything in life — everything in life is complicated, everything is gray, right? Nothing is black and white.”

She said that one way you can tell you’re being “lied to” by the media is if everything looks simple and black and white.

“When they simplify it all [and] there’s no grey,” she emphasized. “It’s all one way. Well, life isn’t like that. If it doesn’t match real life, it’s probably not. Something’s wrong.”

“For example, the coverage on Trump, all the time, is negative,” she continued. “There’s no mitigating policy, or event or anything that has happened since he was elected that is out there in the media that you can read about, right? Well, that tells you, that’s distortion of the way things go in real life.”

*snip*

See Logan's full remarks on the media at the 2:16:00 mark:

Link

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:34 AM

She'll be looking for a new gig quite soon...

#3 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:41 AM

In my eyes, the mainstream media's damaged goods, the election of Donald Trump would have never happened if that weren't true. It's a shame we can't trust 95% of what's peddled as news, but like Ticked said, CBS won't tolerate this woman's honesty, hopefully she's already got another job lined up...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 19 February 2019 - 06:41 AM

#4 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:23 AM

I am surprised that Lara still has a job anywhere on most of the major networks after her comments.

#5 User is offline   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:54 AM

View PostDiamond369, on 19 February 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

I am surprised that Lara still has a job anywhere on most of the major networks after her comments.

They need a little time to hide their bias, and manufacture an excuse, before giving her the ax.

#6 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:58 AM

This is a shocking expose.

#7 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:58 AM

Maybe she and Sharyl Attkisson can start their own news show.

#8 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:36 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 19 February 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

She'll be looking for a new gig quite soon...

This was her parting shot. She quit CBS.

#9 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:14 PM

The name was familiar so I checked and she is indeed the person I thought she was: https://www.business...ew-video-2011-5

I guess a taste of reality will give even a journalist a new perspective.

#10 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

When did she suddenly have this epiphany?

Most of us already have known for the last 40+ years that the lamestream media has been full blown progtard/libtard?

She's pretty frikkin' late to the game?

Journalists are ALL scum.
They don't report the news. They are all nothing but propagandists and bullshidt artists that pervert the truth with deceptive spin to manipulate and control people's thoughts to the commie proggy way and I despise them all.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 19 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

#11 User is online   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:45 PM

View PostSeverian, on 19 February 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Maybe she and Sharyl Attkisson can start their own news show.

I had a similar thought: Maybe she can join Attkison's existing show.

#12 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:36 PM

View PostRock N, on 19 February 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

When did she suddenly have this epiphany?

When? I think the exact moment can be pinpointed. Click the link in the post immediately above yours.

B)

#13 User is online   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:52 AM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 19 February 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

The name was familiar so I checked and she is indeed the person I thought she was: https://www.business...ew-video-2011-5

I guess a taste of reality will give even a journalist a new perspective.

I remember hearing about that in the news. Of course, those original reports didn't go into quite the detail she does in the interview with Mike Ritland (it's after their conversation about the media). What an absolutely harrowing experience.

#14 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:59 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 19 February 2019 - 11:36 PM, said:

When? I think the exact moment can be pinpointed. Click the link in the post immediately above yours.

B)

:thumbsup:

I agree.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users