RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Gorsuch Casts First Major Tie-Breaking Vote Allowing Arkansas - RightNation.US

Gorsuch Casts First Major Tie-Breaking Vote Allowing Arkansas Executions To Proceed Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Adam Smithee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

I was listening to NPR for a bit yesterday afternoon. (There's only so much of Hannity or Medved I can take on a given day. But then, there's only so much NPR I can take, too.)

They were interviewing a lady who was an anti-death penalty activist regarding the two Arkansas cases. (Well, who ELSE do you think they'd be interviewing on NPR?) The lady was going on and on about all the things wrong with the two cases, especially Ledell Lee: An attorney who was drunk at a hearing. A prosecutor was having an affair with a judge. Possible mental health issues, incompetent defense, yada, yada, yada. (As I recall, one of the complaints was a lawyer actually saying "yada yada yada" at a hearing). This mistake here, that mistake there.

Yeah, okay, I'll concede: these are not good things. BUT... these were all administrative/procedural/ethical items. YES, the Bar and/or the Judicial Qualifications Committee should discipline the Lawyers/Judges if need be.

The thing is: AT NO TIME did this lady say anything to make me believe that Ledell Lee might have actually been, like, you know, innocent or something.

It IS a fact of life: If you're a poor (as in NOT rich) criminal who murders someone, you're probably NOT going to get Perry Mason or F. Lee Bailey as your "free" Public Defender. It is what it is. As Sammy Davis Jr. once song for Baretta's Theme: "Dont do the crime if you can't do the time". Or, at least, not if you can't afford a good lawyer.

Now that Ledell Lee, Jack Harold Jones, and Marcel Wayne Williams have been sent to account for themselves before The Almighty, expect brilliant legal minds like Alan Dershowitz to make the usual rounds explaining all that was wrong. Funny thing, though... I don't recall Dershowitz or others tripping over themselves in a mad rush to defend these murderers for free either.

#42 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 25 April 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

I was listening to NPR for a bit yesterday afternoon. (There's only so much of Hannity or Medved I can take on a given day. But then, there's only so much NPR I can take, too.)

They were interviewing a lady who was an anti-death penalty activist regarding the two Arkansas cases. (Well, who ELSE do you think they'd be interviewing on NPR?) The lady was going on and on about all the things wrong with the two cases, especially Ledell Lee: An attorney who was drunk at a hearing. A prosecutor was having an affair with a judge. Possible mental health issues, incompetent defense, yada, yada, yada. (As I recall, one of the complaints was a lawyer actually saying "yada yada yada" at a hearing). This mistake here, that mistake there.

Yeah, okay, I'll concede: these are not good things. BUT... these were all administrative/procedural/ethical items. YES, the Bar and/or the Judicial Qualifications Committee should discipline the Lawyers/Judges if need be.

The thing is: AT NO TIME did this lady say anything to make me believe that Ledell Lee might have actually been, like, you know, innocent or something.

It IS a fact of life: If you're a poor (as in NOT rich) criminal who murders someone, you're probably NOT going to get Perry Mason or F. Lee Bailey as your "free" Public Defender. It is what it is. As Sammy Davis Jr. once song for Baretta's Theme: "Dont do the crime if you can't do the time". Or, at least, not if you can't afford a good lawyer.

Now that Ledell Lee, Jack Harold Jones, and Marcel Wayne Williams have been sent to account for themselves before The Almighty, expect brilliant legal minds like Alan Dershowitz to make the usual rounds explaining all that was wrong. Funny thing, though... I don't recall Dershowitz or others tripping over themselves in a mad rush to defend these murderers for free either.

In these parts we have a nice little 'innocent' someone named Steven Avery, A.K.A. the star of Net Flix's making a murderer. Amazing how people are suddenly 'innocent' when it come make someone else a buck or get them some fame or fortune. Or how people will only look at the evidence they think points to innocence and ignoring key stuff which proves guilt. Like you said, just because your lawyer is drunk, or the prosecutor is banging the judge doesn't mean you ain't guilty. Or to put it in lamens terms, the cops radar gun might not be working right, but if you where passing everyone on the damn road it's means you where at least speeding, the only question is by how much.

Oki

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users