RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: I need Firefox help - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need Firefox help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

I use Firefox, mainly due to the fact that I have for years and years, and have trouble adjusting to another browser (don't even mention IE to me!). Lately I cannot get to the comments of quite a few sites I go to. Chrome brings them up, but FF does not. I have searched the net and haven't found a solution. Has anyone else had this problem? I will switch to Chrome if I have to but would rather not.Thanks!

#2 User is online   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

I really liked Firefox and used it for years. But a while back something changed and all of a sudden it was not compatible with either of the family (genealogy) sites that I use to do family history research.

So I'm using Chrome now. It took some getting used to. But my husband (who is computer knowledgeable and has been able to "heal" any virus I have gotten) made the change for me. And I have had no issues with any sites that I visit.

Good luck.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 29 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

#3 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:05 PM

I'm using Firefox "Quantum" 68.0.2 and everything's fine.

I was having a lot of trouble yesterday on several sites, but I think that was goggle's ad machine hanging, not firefox.

#4 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

It might be a pop-up blocker. Have you tried opening the page in IE. I still use IE without extensions when a site does not let me view its content because I run an add blocker.

Are you running any add-ons? If you are try shutting them off one at a time until the the problem goes away.

I will admit I am currently running Chrome. I switched from Firefox a few years ago when Firefox was becoming a memory and CPU hog and would bring the system down to a craw. With Google becoming more and more of a Big Brother I am thinking of switching back to Firefox. I am also thinking of dropping gmail.

#5 User is offline   Novaprime 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 29 August 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

I use Firefox, mainly due to the fact that I have for years and years, and have trouble adjusting to another browser (don't even mention IE to me!). Lately I cannot get to the comments of quite a few sites I go to. Chrome brings them up, but FF does not. I have searched the net and haven't found a solution. Has anyone else had this problem? I will switch to Chrome if I have to but would rather not.Thanks!

Might want to check your security & privacy setting under TOOLS/OPTIONS if you haven't already. The higher the security settings can break certain sites. I tend to rely more heavily on my anti-virus software than the free add-ons that come with free browsers. I've found that with most browsers. As for IE, I have to use that at work for certain programs, don't get me started on that. But I tend to favor Firefox and I've dabbled in Chrome, another we won't speak about is Edge, :puke:

Hopefully it's just a security setting. If not, I have no idea, as I haven't had many problems with it.

#6 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

Use Brave browser. No spyware.

Brave.com

Firefox has started to censor and block certain websites I have found.

The creator of Firefox who was ousted from his own company/creation invented Brave browser.
It does what Firefox used to do and why it was ever created in the first place. No pop ups, spyware, tracking. No ads during the videos when using it on youtube or other sites. No bloatware either or spam. Works really fast.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 29 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

The last couple of days Iíve had trouble with FF. It looks like there hundreds of ads looping.

#8 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

View PostLadybird, on 29 August 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

The last couple of days I’ve had trouble with FF. It looks like there hundreds of ads looping.

I saw that yesterday for a while. Some sites were almost unusable. but I think that's more a problem with Google Ads than with Firefox per se.

EtA: When it sits there forever with the "page loading" symbol, and the area where the ads would normally be is blank or just outline boxes, that's usually due to the ad server rather than the browser. Some sites are set up to show you the content you originally clicked on but then not any further content until the ads have loaded.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 29 August 2019 - 02:45 PM

#9 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:55 PM

Call Clint Eastwood.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

View Postscotsman, on 29 August 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Call Clint Eastwood.

LOL

I admit that took me a couple seconds to understand.

:2up:

#11 User is online   GrumpyOldMan 

• <no title>

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

Whenever I have that issue, I turn off Adblock Plus and or Privacy Badger and that fixes it most of the time.
Other than that I have not had any problems like that.

#12 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

Thanks all. I've tried most of what's been suggested, but not all. I will give it a try.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users