RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: WALSH: Yes, 'Easter Worshipper' Was Intentional. Yes, It Matte - RightNation.US

WALSH: Yes, 'Easter Worshipper' Was Intentional. Yes, It Matte Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:15 PM

WALSH: Yes, 'Easter Worshipper' Was Intentional. Yes, It Matters. Here's Why.

MATT WALSH
Daily Wire
4/22/19

EXCERPT:

When Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) tweeted about "art and architecture" during the Notre Dame fire, I defended her against the criticism it drew from Christians who accused her of pointedly ignoring the spiritual significance of the building. I thought the tweet was perfectly normal and acceptable, and I don't really expect a Muslim woman to find any spiritual significance in a building meant for Christian worship. To my mind, that outrage — if we can call it an outrage — was overblown.

But "Easter worshippers" is a different thing entirely. Responding to the slaughter of hundreds of Christians during Easter attacks by radical Islamic terrorists, a number of prominent Democratic politicians chose to issue statements that glaringly omit any direct mention of the faith identity of the victims.

Barack Obama said this: "The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka."

Hillary Clinton seemed to be working literally from the same script: "On this holy weekend for many faiths, we must stand united against hatred and violence. I'm praying for everyone affected by today's horrific attacks on Easter worshippers and travelers in Sri Lanka."

Several other Democrats latched onto this same phrase — "Easter worshippers." If just one of them had gone this route, perhaps I could be convinced that it might be clumsy wording and nothing more. But it is simply impossible to believe that several significant Democrats would all independently and innocently think to refer to Christian victims in such a roundabout and obscure way.

(Full Story)

#2 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

Because in their rot for brains, "Christian" is synonymous with "white". By saying "Easter worshippers", they are pretending that they give a damn about brown people.

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

Erick Erickson covered this today. Neither He nor I believe this is anything to hang one's hat on.

Fact of the matter is, it WAS Easter yesterday. And Easter WAS the specific reason many were 'worshiping', including likely some who are there ONLY on Easter. And Easter, with it's full crowds was also likely the specific reason the terrorists chose yeasterday over, say, any of the 51 other Sundays in a year.

"glaringly omit any direct mention of the faith"???
Oh, puh-lease. There's only ONE religion that celebrates Easter, and I'll give y'all a hint: It's NOT the muslims, the jews, the hindus, the sikhs, the buddhists, the druze, the sufis, the auraëlians, the norse, or even the pastafarians. that should narrow it down a bit.

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:02 PM

Fox News
Tourists, Easter worshippers lament closure of Notre Dame

The Washington Times -
Before
After

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 22 April 2019 - 05:02 PM

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:14 PM

We could always start referring regularly to muslims as Moon Rock Worshippers.

#6 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 22 April 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

We could always start referring regularly to muslims as Moon Rock Worshippers.

Goat-humping, pedophile-followers also works.

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:01 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 22 April 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Because in their rot for brains, "Christian" is synonymous with "white". By saying "Easter worshippers", they are pretending that they give a damn about brown people.

Didn't think about that. Good call.

I should remember that The Left now views anything and everything through a racial prism

View PostSARGE, on 22 April 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

just plain goat <censored>ers works for me. Slides right off the tongue

#8 User is offline   Howsithangin 

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostLadybird, on 22 April 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

Ladybird, if your intent was to show that "See, Fox does it too!", Fox isn't what it once was. It has been lurching to the left for some time now. Indeed, most ppl that I know are starting to lump it in with the remainder of Big Media.

You really don't see the problem here? Seriously? How about every time the term 'muslim' is used we replace it with "those that follow allah". Bet damned sure you'd notice.

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 22 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

#9 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:31 PM

Smithee, I stand by my read. Easter is an almagam and fusion of Teutonic renewal ritual and Jesus' resurrection. The Hillary? and 0bama responses were coordinated sh!tbaggery-boot-edge-edge.

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:42 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 22 April 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Ladybird, if your intent was to show that "See, Fox does it too!", Fox isn't what it once was. It has been lurching to the left for some time now. Indeed, most ppl that I know are starting to lump it in with the remainder of Big Media.

You really don't see the problem here? Seriously? How about every time the term 'muslim' is used we replace it with "those that follow allah". Bet damned sure you'd notice.

No, I really don't see the problem.

Trump didn't say Christian either, but that didn't trigger those who are always looking to be offended or finding conspiracies.
" 138 people have been killed in Sri Lanka, with more that 600 badly injured, in a terrorist attack on churches and hotels. The United States offers heartfelt condolences to the great people of Sri Lanka. We stand ready to help!"
This is a perfectly reasonable response and everyone that has functioning brain knows he is referring to Christians.

"The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka."

Anyone not looking to be aggrieved and offended can read it and know Obama is offering condolences to Christians, as well as others killed in the hotels. Remember - the targets of these attacks were primarily churches, but also tourists.

If this wasn't such a disgusting partisan display of hatred (though sadly typical) at a time when we should be expressing sympathy for the Sri Lankans, it would be funny.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 22 April 2019 - 08:53 PM

#11 User is offline   Howsithangin 

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostLadybird, on 22 April 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

Trump didn't say Christian either, but that didn't trigger those who are always looking to be offended or finding conspiracies.
" 138 people have been killed in Sri Lanka, with more that 600 badly injured, in a terrorist attack on churches and hotels. The United States offers heartfelt condolences to the great people of Sri Lanka. We stand ready to help!"
This is a perfectly reasonable response and everyone that has functioning brain knows he is referring to Christians.

"The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka."

Anyone not looking to be aggrieved and offended can read it and know Obama is offering condolences to Christians, as well as others killed in the hotels. Remember - the targets of these attacks were primarily churches, but also tourists.

If this wasn't such a disgusting partisan display of hatred (though sadly typical) at a time when we should be expressing sympathy for the Sri Lankans, it would be funny.

You, a lib, and one who is operating with shelves full of black grievance, calling us partisan? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

"but that didn't trigger those who are always looking to be offended or finding conspiracies." Holy shiese, project much? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

You are truly blind to anti-Christian bigotry. That Dems constructed a term out of thin air to avoid using the term Christian is apparent to anyone who isn't slavishly devoted to the cult that is "those that celebrate ramadan"

Anyone not looking to be aggrieved and offended can read it and know Obama is offering condolences to Christians,

Then wtf didn't Barry the Wonder Muslim or Hillary use the term "Christian" instead of creating their own term? :shrug:

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 22 April 2019 - 09:21 PM

#12 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

While I agree that there is a strong anti-Christian movement prevalent among the left, there might not be malicious intent here. I've only heard about this here from the OP article but they were Easter worshipers in that they were worshiping on Easter. Easter attacks doesn't mean that Easter attacked.

:shrug:

#13 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:16 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 22 April 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Proggies hate Christians.

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:19 AM

View PostSARGE, on 22 April 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

:exactly:

They believe that it's perfectly OK for their men to anally rape boys so long as they are under age 13 and that it's not homosexuality. Yet they are for killing homosexuals.

#15 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:21 AM

Screw you and your bullshidt whataboutisms.

You are truly a disgusting vile rotten person.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 23 April 2019 - 01:29 AM

#16 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:22 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 22 April 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

While I agree that there is a strong anti-Christian movement prevalent among the left, there might not be malicious intent here. I've only heard about this here from the OP article but they were Easter worshipers in that they were worshiping on Easter. Easter attacks doesn't mean that Easter attacked.

:shrug:

No, it was purely intentional.

#17 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:03 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 22 April 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

You, a lib, and one who is operating with shelves full of black grievance, calling us partisan? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

"but that didn't trigger those who are always looking to be offended or finding conspiracies." Holy shiese, project much? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

You are truly blind to anti-Christian bigotry. That Dems constructed a term out of thin air to avoid using the term Christian is apparent to anyone who isn't slavishly devoted to the cult that is "those that celebrate ramadan"

Then wtf didn't Barry the Wonder Muslim or Hillary use the term "Christian" instead of creating their own term? :shrug:

Because the term "Easter Worshippers" was not created by them, nor was it created in the last couple of days, as I just demonstrated above. You are grasping for something to be offended over and to demonize those with whom you disagree. Using expressions of condolence to achieve this is low.

#18 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:49 AM

I don’t know anybody who worships Easter.

#19 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:51 AM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 23 April 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

I don’t know anybody who worships Easter.

I don’t know anyone who worships Christmas Eve either, and if I heard someone say “Christmas Eve worshippers” I would assume that it was referring to Christians at a Christmas Eve service.

#20 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:05 AM

Disgusting partisan display of hatred? There comes a point when people say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and they get tired of being attacked and taken advantage of. When they get tired of excuse after excuse after excuse. They get tired of the but the majority isn't the problem, don't blame the mass for the actions of the few. Why? Because they know damn good and well the 'few' only get away with this crap because the majority either agree with it, or won't do a damn thing to stop it. Sitting there and telling everyone but this isn't the people I know who do this crap or believe in it isn't enough. Doing everything one can to put a stop to it is what's needed, turning people in, letting others know you will not tolerate it and will just as soon put a bullet in their skull before allowing them to carry out horrific acts makes it pretty damn clear to not only them BUT ALL PEOPLE where you stand on this.

I have had the honor of serving with followers of Islam who made things quite clear that they not only hated these animals but where more than happy to send them to Allah. What did that accomplish? It let us know where they stood, that they where not a problem, that they would stand with us in this fight, not idly idly by and not against us.
ONLY WHEN THIS MINDSET BECOMES THE NORM will followers of Islam be able to gain both peace and acceptance by all. Until then it ain't gonna' happen.

Oki

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users